Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re taking the behavior of a small fraction of a group and using it to smear the entire group.
I don't think centuries and centuries of persecution of, and discrimination against, the Jews by Christians in Christian communities across Europe can be attributed to :a small fraction of a group".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think centuries and centuries of persecution of, and discrimination against, the Jews by Christians in Christian communities across Europe can be attributed to :a small fraction of a group".
Well I think you should get more specific.

How many Christians? How many Jews? Where are these communities? What is the timespan?

And then we’ll compare the numbers to Christians worldwide over the same time period.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And you’ll notice vivify specifically is condemning “white Christians” so it appears he’s both a racist *and* a bigot.
Well, to be fair, the thread was triggered by a specific article. If you want to talk about the racism of non-white Christians, you should make your case, or perhaps start a thread.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said

How many Christians? How many Jews? Where are these communities? What is the timespan?

And then we’ll compare the numbers to Christians worldwide over the same time period.
I'll leave the rationalization of, and apologetics for, 2,000 years of persecution to you. Martin Luther, father of Protestantism, was perhaps one of the most malicious and influential anti-semites ever.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I think the Holocaust was the culmination of something and not some bolt out of the blue.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Well, to be fair, the thread was triggered by a specific article. If you want to talk about the racism of non-white Christians, you should make your case, or perhaps start a thread.
I don’t like categorizing people by groups. I think people are individuals who don’t share the same opinions and beliefs just because they share the same skin color or ethnicity of someone else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I'll leave the rationalization of, and apologetics for, 2,000 years of persecution to you. Martin Luther, father of Protestantism, was perhaps one of the most malicious and influential anti-semites ever.
Don’t leave it to me. You’re the one who brought it up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I think the Holocaust was the culmination of something and not some bolt out of the blue.
You think Hitler was a Christian?

From the Washington Post:

<<Hitler hated Judaism. But he loathed Christianity, too.>>

<<“In Hitler’s eyes Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves,” wrote Alan Bullock “Hitler, A Study in Tyranny,” a seminal biography. “Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle of the fittest.”>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/04/20/hitler-hated-judaism-he-loathed-christianity-too/

Hitler sounds like an evolutionist to me.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t like categorizing people by groups.
Unless the group happens to be 'evolutionists' or 'atheists', right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Unless the group happens to be 'evolutionists' or 'atheists', right?
This is the full quote you took that excerpt from:

<<I don’t like categorizing people by groups. I think people are individuals who don’t share the same opinions and beliefs just because they share the same skin color or ethnicity of someone else.>>

Obviously evolutionists and atheists aren’t defined by skin color or ethnicity.

They’re defined by a common belief and opinion.

That’s totally different than categorizing people based on skin color or ethnicity and then assuming they share the same beliefs and opinions based on their ethnicity or skin color.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You think Hitler was a Christian?
I think the Holocaust was the culmination of something and not some bolt out of the blue regardless of Hitler's religious beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I think the Holocaust was the culmination of something and not some bolt out of the blue regardless of Hitler's religious beliefs.
What do you think it was the culmination of? Anti-Semitism?

And if so, you think it was based on Jews killing (by proxy) Jesus Christ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said:
”Why are White Christians so racist?”

That’s a bit of a sweeping generalisation about billions of people don’t you think?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
What do you think it was the culmination of? Anti-Semitism?

And if so, you think it was based on Jews killing (by proxy) Jesus Christ?
Check out Martin Luther's anti-semetic views for example. If you choose to believe that they somehow sprung up incongruously in a Christianity-free vacuum, then that is your prerogative.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
That’s totally different than categorizing people based on skin color or ethnicity and then assuming they share the same beliefs and opinions based on their ethnicity or skin color.
I will look back at the previous pages of this thread to see if you have demonstrated your objection to "categorizing people based on skin color or ethnicity" by pushing back against what chaney3 has said in defence of the alleged racism of "white Christians".