1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:36
    @fmf said
    If they self-identify as one AND hold these beliefs:

that certain beliefs with regard to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are true, that God sent his son Jesus, the messiah, to save the world, that Jesus was crucified and died in order to offer the forgiveness of sins and the opportunity for what they see as "salvation", that Jesus rose from the dead and later ...[text shortened]... f Christians, but I believe the above is a basic starter-commonality-core for almost all Christians.
    Ok, but this is my point.

How do you know someone holds those beliefs? Do you think everyone who goes to church on Sunday is a Christian?

Do you think everyone who goes to church on Sunday would say they believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and that God’s Holy Spirit indwells them?

I bet a fair number in nearly every church would say No to both of those.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:37
    @vivify said
    Is your plan to point out that Christians aren't the only monstrous group of people?
    His point is indeed this, I reckon, or it might be that the monstrous things Christians have done are OK because other groups have done worse things?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:373 edits
    @chaney3 removed their quoted post
    You have not answered. Where do you live, since you claim to live among blacks? The fact that you keep dodging this question is all we need to know. And you also keep dancing around the fact that it's not just blacks that are oppressed by white Christians.

There's clearly no truth to your statements. You don't know any blacks and have clearly have never been friends with any. You have no perspective on blacks apart from what other racists have told you.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:38
    @vivify said
    Spanish Inquisition, the KKK, white slaveowners, Native American genocide....there are too many examples throughout history to fully list.

So is your aim from this point on to skip answering how a supposedly "holy" god allows such hatred and murder? Is your plan to point out that Christians aren't the only monstrous group of people?
    So how much of man’s free will do you want God interfering with?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:39
    @fmf said
    His point is indeed this, I reckon, or it might be that the monstrous things Christians have done are OK because other groups have done worse things?
    You’re wrong.

I’ll speak for myself and request you not start whizzing in the pool in yet another thread.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:40
    @pb1022 said
    Ok, but this is my point.

How do you know someone holds those beliefs? Do you think everyone who goes to church on Sunday is a Christian?

Do you think everyone who goes to church on Sunday would say they believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and that God’s Holy Spirit indwells them?

I bet a fair number in nearly every church would say No to both of those.
    I don't know what every single self-identifying Christian really believes. I don't even know what you really believe. I can only know what people profess to be - like you - and what they profess to believe - like you.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:40
    @fmf said
    I don't know what every single self-identifying Christian really believes. I don't even know what you really believe. I can only know what people profess to be - like you - and what they profess to believe - like you.
    Exactly.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:412 edits
    @pb1022 said
    So how much of man’s free will do you want God interfering with?
    Will you let a man rape your wife because you don't want to stop his free will?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:42
    @pb1022 said
    I don't think "God’s Holy Spirit indwells" anyone.

If someone believes it does, then that'd be a Christian belief.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:43
    @pb1022 said
    Exactly.
    Right. So, Christianity is comprised of all the people who self-identify as Christians and who profess to hold Christian beliefs.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:431 edit
    @vivify said
    Will you let someone rape your wife because you don't want to stop his free will?
    Huh?

So you want God to eradicate evil and eradicate man’s free will?

‘Cause you can’t have the first without the second.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:451 edit
    @pb1022 said
    Huh?

So you want God to eradicate evil and eradicate man’s free will?

‘Cause you can’t have the first without the second.
    Answer the question. Can a man expect you to let him rape your wife because you don't want to infringe on his free will? Don't dodge again.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:46
    @fmf said
    Right. So, Christianity is comprised of all the people who self-identify as Christians and who profess to hold Christian beliefs.
    Not quite.

Christianity is comprised of people who hold Christian beliefs - not who only profess to hold them.

That’s why you can’t be certain anyone is a Christian apart from yourself.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:48
    @vivify said
    Answer the question. Can a man expect you to let him rape your wife because you don't want to infringe on his free will? Don't dodge again.
    I asked you this question first - which you dodged:

How much do you want God to interfere with man’s free will?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 05:48
    @pb1022 said
    Christianity is comprised of people who hold Christian beliefs - not who only profess to hold them.

That’s why you can’t be certain anyone is a Christian apart from yourself.
    I see you ~ and your demeanour and behaviour and the beliefs you espouse ~ to be part of Christianity, regardless of how bogus or hypocritical you so often come across. I see "Romans1009 in 2018" as a part of Christianity, for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree