Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
Christianity is worthless.
To you it is because you don't understand what Christianity is about.

I'd love to explain it to you, but you have erected too many barriers because you seek conformation bias based on your preconceived ideological worldview.

In other words you have a narrow and closed mind. Crawl back into your comfort zone and feed your presumptuous troll.

This is where you get angry and lash back.

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
To you it is because you don't understand what Christianity is about.

I'd love to explain it to you, but you have erected too many barriers because you seek conformation bias based on your preconceived ideological worldview.

In other words you have a narrow and closed mind. Crawl back into your comfort zone and feed your presumptuous troll.

This is where you get angry and lash back.
I don't think it is closed-minded to require evidence to believe something, especially something that falls outside of known science.

What 'unique' evidence do you have that other religions do not?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yes. True. And "Christianity" is composed of how all these individuals behave because of, or in spite of, the theological beliefs they espouse.
You are mistaken.

Jesus Christ is the center of Christianity. Can you find fault with Jesus?

Just because you find fault with individual believers doesn't support your argument against Christian theology, or its author.

Even though you think it does. There's some sort of fallacy in that.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't think it is closed-minded to require evidence to believe something, especially something that falls outside of known science.

What 'unique' evidence do you have that other religions do not?
A resurrected savior.

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
A resurrected savior.
And the evidence for that is?.....

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

Sorry, should have said 'tangible' evidence.

Please don't replicate PBs limp lettuce leaf evidence.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
You are mistaken.

Jesus Christ is the center of Christianity. Can you find fault with Jesus?

Just because you find fault with individual believers doesn't support your argument against Christian theology, or its author.

Even though you think it does. There's some sort of fallacy in that.
I am rejecting your suggestion that Christianity is somehow merely an ideology that exists in a metaphorical petri dish.

Instead i contend that Christianity - in practical, realistic terms, and in non-laboratory conditions - is the sum total of all self-identifying Christians' attempts to walk the walk.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
I am not making an "argument against Christian theology" here; I am offering a practical and non-wishy-washy definition of what Christianity is in real life.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry, should have said 'tangible' evidence.

Please don't replicate PBs limp lettuce leaf evidence.
Eyewitnesses.

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
Eyewitnesses.
There are eyewitnesses for the yeti.

What else do you have?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I am not making "argument against Christian theology" here; I am offering a practical and non-wishy-washy definition of what Christianity is in real life.
"Instead i contend that Christianity - in practical, realistic terms, and in non-laboratory conditions - is the sum total of all self-identifying Christians' attempts to walk the walk."

That is only an aspect of Christianity.

The core of Christianity, and the fullness of what Christianity is, is its founder.

So, to have a full "definition" of "what Christianity is in real life" one must know Jesus Christ.

Pointing your finger at a flawed individual that identifies as a Christian, and presuming to define Christianity by his or her behavior, exclusively, is a straw man fallacy.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There are eyewitnesses for the yeti.

What else do you have?
The record.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
Pointing your finger at a flawed individual that identifies as a Christian, and presuming to define Christianity by his or her behavior, exclusively, is a straw man fallacy.
But I am not doing this. Not at all.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
But I am not doing this. Not at all.
Probably not intentionally.

"I am rejecting your suggestion that Christianity is somehow merely an ideology that exists in a metaphorical petri dish."

I made no such suggestion. Where in your mind did you dig that up from?

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
"I am rejecting your suggestion that Christianity is somehow merely an ideology that exists in a metaphorical petri dish."

I made no such suggestion. Where in your mind did you dig that up from?
Both you and Romans1009/PB1002 have been suggesting that "Christianity" is ONLY defined by its ideology. That's the petri dish. I am suggesting that "Christianity" is defined by what its adherents think and do once the ideology is taken from the petri dish and applied in the real world.