Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
I will look back at the previous pages of this thread to see if you have demonstrated your objection to "categorizing people based on skin color or ethnicity" by pushing back against what chaney3 has said in defence of the alleged racism of "white Christians".
I generally don’t engage in a dog pile.

If I see one or more people adequately responding to something I disagree with or find objectionable, I see no reason to add my voice to the chorus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Check out Martin Luther's anti-semetic views for example. If you choose to believe that they somehow sprung up incongruously in a Christianity-free vacuum, then that is your prerogative.
Maybe I will. I don’t know much about the various figures in church history and the history of Christianity outside of the people in the Holy Bible.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I generally don’t engage in a dog pile.

If I see one or more people adequately responding to something I disagree with or find objectionable, I see no reason to add my voice to the chorus.
That you a Christian, would quite deliberately turn a blind to raw racism by a white Christian, on a thread about white Christian racists, is duly noted.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Maybe I will. I don’t know much about the various figures in church history and the history of Christianity outside of the people in the Holy Bible.
Well then, when it comes to the history of Christian anti-semitism, this is another "Trilobites Moment" for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
That you a Christian, would quite deliberately turn a blind to raw racism by a white Christian, on a thread about white Christian racists, is duly noted.
I saw it and once I’d read the first couple of sentences, I saw no reason to read any more, especially since it was already being responded to and being responded to adequately.

This thread isn’t a debate forum that has wide-ranging implications. You seem to think what’s debated here is of more importance than I do.

We’re not changing the world here and I don’t feel obligated to respond to every ignorant and racist comment on here, the same way I wouldn’t feel obligated to respond to some yahoo claiming the moon landing happened in a Nevada desert.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Well then, when it comes to the history of Christian anti-semitism, this is another "Trilobites Moment" for you.
I asked for examples. I never claimed it didn’t exist.

That said, I certainly don’t think the victims of “Christian Anti-Semitism” are anywhere near as high as the 250 million murdered by communist atheists in the 20th century alone.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
That said, I certainly don’t think the victims of “Christian Anti-Semitism” are anywhere near as high as the 250 million murdered by communist atheists in the 20th century alone.
Whataboutism doesn't really work in a case like this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Whataboutism doesn't really work in a case like this.
Actually, I think it does because you’re implying the Christian faith is somehow to blame for persecution, discrimination and presumably murder when I find nothing in the New Testament advocating any of that.

And if you’re going to falsely blame Christianity for atrocities, I have every right to contrast the atrocities you cite with far greater atrocities committed by atheists and evolutionists.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Actually, I think it does because you’re implying the Christian faith is somehow to blame for persecution, discrimination and presumably murder when I find nothing in the New Testament advocating any of that.

And if you’re going to falsely blame Christianity for atrocities, I have every right to contrast the atrocities you cite with far greater atrocities committed by atheists and evolutionists.
Christianity is an accumulation of what Christian have believed and done for two millennia. I am not interested in the No True Scotsman informal fallacy.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I saw it and once I’d read the first couple of sentences, I saw no reason to read any more, especially since it was already being responded to and being responded to adequately.
Your reaction to a right here right now example of what the OP is about - and your fixation on talking about atheists instead - is noted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Christianity is an accumulation of what Christian have believed and done for two millennia. I am not interested in the No True Scotsman informal fallacy.
Well, we differ here for sure.

If I want to know what Christianity’s about, I read the foundational text - the New Testament.

I don’t base my view of Christianity on the opinions or actions of a pastor or priest or anyone else because all of those will vary.

I go right to the source.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Your reaction to a right here right now example of what the OP is about - and your fixation on talking about atheists instead - is noted.
Fine, note away.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Well, we differ here for sure.

If I want to know what Christianity’s about, I read the foundational text - the New Testament.

I don’t base my view of Christianity on the opinions or actions of a pastor or priest or anyone else because all of those will vary.

I go right to the source.
Yes, I know why Christians use the No True Scotsman device in moments like these. I've heard it many times. You, and your behaviour and your character, are part of Christianity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yes, I know why Christians use the No True Scotsman device in moments like these. I've heard it many times. You, and your behaviour and your character, are part of Christianity.
This isn’t exactly a No True Scotsman device.

Christianity is based on the New Testament. That’s the source text. If anyone wants to know what Christianity is all about, that’s the one book everyone agrees Christianity is based on.

If you want to know how a car operates, you’ll likely get more accurate information from the owner’s manual than you will from a mechanic.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
I am an East Indian living among blacks. I know what racism is. Vivify does not have a clue.