What if God was you

What if God was you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
275d

Let's say you wake up one day and are all powerful but, to keep things interesting, you are not omniscient. You have no way of knowing for sure what the implications of your actions can be. You cannot be killed and you do not age. You have some reality altering powers but let's avoid boring ones like "i snap my fingers and all is good in the world". All humans have free will.

What would you do. One thing or many? How far would you go. How would you change society? What would the moral implications be?

(let's see if you find this game interesting. Add some rules if i forgot any and you think would make it more interesting)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
275d

@zahlanzi said
Let's say you wake up one day and are all powerful but, to keep things interesting, you are not omniscient. You have no way of knowing for sure what the implications of your actions can be. You cannot be killed and you do not age. You have some reality altering powers but let's avoid boring ones like "i snap my fingers and all is good in the world". All humans have free will ...[text shortened]... this game interesting. Add some rules if i forgot any and you think would make it more interesting)
First thing I would need to know is…. Is there and afterlife?

If there was then my mission would go to ensure everybody made it.

If there wasn’t I’d probably be a mixture of Dr Who and General Zod.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
275d
1 edit

@zahlanzi said
Let's say you wake up one day and are all powerful but, to keep things interesting, you are not omniscient. You have no way of knowing for sure what the implications of your actions can be. You cannot be killed and you do not age. You have some reality altering powers but let's avoid boring ones like "i snap my fingers and all is good in the world". All humans have free will ...[text shortened]... this game interesting. Add some rules if i forgot any and you think would make it more interesting)
If someone became God then their actions will be determined by their past. People will have all kinds of baggage to sort out which will influence their actions.

God of the bible no doubt had the same issues. There was Satan and a bunch of rebels to deal with and no doubt lots of other matters to sort out as God.

Z

Moves
275d

@divegeester said
First thing I would need to know is…. Is there and afterlife?

If there was then my mission would go to ensure everybody made it.

If there wasn’t I’d probably be a mixture of Dr Who and General Zod.
Err, general zod wanted to be god emperor of mankind and dr who is (to my very very limited knowledge having not watched the show) a silent shadow influencer

How do you reconcile the two.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
274d

@zahlanzi said
Err, general zod wanted to be god emperor of mankind and dr who is (to my very very limited knowledge having not watched the show) a silent shadow influencer

How do you reconcile the two.
I’m just responding to your trite OP.

F

Moves
274d

Having created human reason, I would be set about proving all the deists right by not getting involved.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
274d

@zahlanzi said

(let's see if you find this game interesting. Add some rules if i forgot any and you think would make it more interesting)
everybody gets to be God
EVERYBODY

for fifteen minutes (metric) you get to be God, then the torch passes and you never get to be God again

i like this game
when i get to be God, i will destroy all life on earth, and then destroy the earth itself

i REALLY like this game

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
274d

@rookie54 said
everybody gets to be God
EVERYBODY

for fifteen minutes (metric) you get to be God, then the torch passes and you never get to be God again

i like this game
when i get to be God, i will destroy all life on earth, and then destroy the earth itself

i REALLY like this game
So that was a short thread.

GAME OVER, MAN!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
274d

@zahlanzi said
Controversial answer: Kill myself to save all mankind.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
274d

@zahlanzi said
End the suffering of the innocent for all time

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
274d

@suzianne said
Controversial answer: Kill myself to save all mankind.
Adieu.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
273d

@zahlanzi said
If I woke up and found I was God, but with limited powers, I'd probably go on a rampage and kill everyone.

Problem solved.

Z

Moves
271d

@divegeester said
I’m just responding to your trite OP.
ah there it is. the lack of civility i assumed was put behind us.

my bad

Z

Moves
271d

@josephw said
If I woke up and found I was God, but with limited powers, I'd probably go on a rampage and kill everyone.

Problem solved.
a bit old testament-ey of you

everyone evil, everyone republican, everyone vegan or just everyone.

i am assuming that because you said rampage, you don't have an end goal. Bear in mind you just got your powers, you still have to live on this planet until you find out if you can travel somewhere else. A planet full of corpses might be a bad place to live

Z

Moves
271d

@caissad4 said
End the suffering of the innocent for all time
yeh but how

remember you can't snap your fingers and magically make it better. you have to take discrete actions.