To Those Who Don't Want Jesus

To Those Who Don't Want Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Apr 21

@sonship said
@FMF

If you notice I never gave myself an A+ perfect score, if that's what you are implying.
Several people gave you a fail.

Based on the last 15 threads you've contributed to, your learning curve is flat. Before you try to teach something to someone, you should first learn what learning is, because regurgitating what you heard from someone else sure ain't it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Apr 21
1 edit

@moonbus said
Several people gave you a fail.

Based on the last 15 threads you've contributed to, your learning curve is flat. Before you try to teach something to someone, you should first learn what learning is, because regurgitating what you heard from someone else sure ain't it.
In the last 15 years or so, sonship has revealed the following about himself:
- he has met Jesus Christ
- he thinks of Witness Lee as a 'type' of Christ
- he thinks of himself as a 'type' of Paul
- he is convinced that there is no other church with the correct teachings
- he believes that doing good works and living righteously means that you do not trust Jesus Christ for eternal life and that you are practicing works salvation.
- he believes that following the commandments of Christ is a rejection of Christ sacrifice on the cross.

It is not possible to reason with such a grossly deluded man

F

Moves
19 Apr 21

@sonship said
If you notice I never gave myself an A+ perfect score, if that's what you are implying.
What evidence is there in your behaviour and demeanor here in this community that "Jesus lives in [your] heart"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 21
2 edits

@fmf said
What evidence is there in your behaviour and demeanor here in this community that "Jesus lives in [your] heart"?
What evidence is there that if Christ Himself who very purely was the manifestation of God in humanity, were to come to you that you would be willing to repent of your atheism?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 21
1 edit

The point of this OP can be expressed this way perhaps.

How many of you remember the story of Pinocchio?
He was the wooden boy who happily at the end of the story was transformed into a REAL BOY. That is to the happiness of his daddy.

In the meantime Pinocchio got in with a bad crowd and almost became a DONKEY. Remember? He grew donkey ears and a donkey tail. And other infected boys were already making noised like a donkey.

Now it is on a fairy tale. But it is like what the Bible reveals. Fallen man got "Satanified" [not a word in the Bible]. Fallen descendants of Adam got poisoned by an alien "donkey" of this universe - Satan, who is utterly and forever opposed to God AND opposed to God having sons.

Fallen man has become like poor Pinocchio - infested with the evil jack-ass of this universe. We need a salvation from being united with this terrible donkey and be made real sons of the Father.

F

Moves
19 Apr 21
1 edit

@sonship said
What evidence is there that if Christ Himself who very purely was the manifestation of God in humanity, were to come to you that you would be willing to repent of your atheism?
Wow. Is that the fourth or fifth time you have dodged the same question?

Fifth or sixth time of asking:

F

Moves
19 Apr 21

@sonship said
The fact that I was a committed and walk-the-walk Christian for the better part of three decades is presumably "evidence" of what you appear to be talking about, I suppose. i.e. I am not a person who has no experience of having faith or who has never believed in what is claimed about Christ.

Having said that, yours is a very contrived and clumsily-loaded question that shows you up as simply trying very, very, very hard to fend off and sidestep the straightforward question ~ about a claim you have repeatedly made about yourself ~ which I have asked you half a dozen times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 21
3 edits

@FMF

You can ask ten, twelve or thirteen more times if it makes you feel good.
I will dodge or ignore or however you want to put it. I am not succumbing to you thinking you can force me to boast if I care not to.

If you think I'm a ___________ witness for Christ, that's you're prerogative, isn't it? Bad, Good, Mediocre . . . whatever you need there.

"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
a stranger, and not your own lips." (Prov. 27:2)

F

Moves
20 Apr 21

@sonship said
I will dodge or ignore or however you want to put it. I am not succumbing to you thinking you can force me to boast if I care not to.

If you think I'm a ___________ witness for Christ, that's you're prerogative, isn't it? Bad, Good, Mediocre . . . whatever you need there.
If you cannot point to any evidence whatsoever, what is the basis of your claim?

F

Moves
20 Apr 21

@sonship said
"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
a stranger, and not your own lips." (Prov. 27:2)
No one is asking you to "praise" yourself.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 21

@sonship said

He was the wooden boy who happily at the end of the story was transformed into a REAL BOY. That is to the happiness of his daddy.

In the meantime Pinocchio got in with a bad crowd and almost became a DONKEY. Remember? He grew donkey ears and a donkey tail. An ...[text shortened]... We need a salvation from being united with this terrible donkey and be made real sons of the Father.
“Pinocchio” “satanified” “alien donkey” “evil jack-ass” “salvation from this terrible donkey”

Have you any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Über-Nerd

Moves
20 Apr 21

@sonship said

In the meantime Pinocchio got in with a bad crowd and almost became a DONKEY. Remember? He grew donkey ears and a donkey tail. An ...[text shortened]... We need a salvation from being united with this terrible donkey and be made real sons of the Father.
Got it. Cartoon-character pseudo-soteriology. That sums you up perfectly.

Über-Nerd

Moves
20 Apr 21

@rajk999 said
In the last 15 years or so, sonship has revealed the following about himself:
- he has met Jesus Christ
- he thinks of Witness Lee as a 'type' of Christ
- he thinks of himself as a 'type' of Paul
- he is convinced that there is no other church with the correct teachings
- he believes that doing good works and living righteously means that you do not trust Jesus Christ fo ...[text shortened]... on of Christ sacrifice on the cross.

It is not possible to reason with such a grossly deluded man
Thanks for the synopsis. I missed some of the more epic threads.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 21
2 edits

You don't think any truths can be expressed by fiction?
I think there can be profound truths somewhat touched on in stories, even Pinocchio or Moby Dick or the Wizard of Oz. (The girl in search of her mind, emotion, and will).

Psychiatrists sometimes have pointed out significant subconscious factors in man revealed in fiction.

So I thought it hurt not to consider the little wooden boy Pinocchio and how he got inhabited by a donkey life. A similar dilemma is with all man who has become constituted sinners by Adam joining himself to the opposition party against God.

Romans 7 is a critique of how sin nature has infested us all.

"Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin." (Rom. 7:24,25)

He is speaking of the death of the weakness to have perfect self control over his knowledge of good and evil.

The good he knows - he cannot fully perform.
The evil he knows - he cannot always resist.

Sin, like that donkey that Pinocchio was being transformed into, is acting like another life in its victim - deceiving, taking opportunity, working out, capturing, pulling down.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 21
1 edit

"Who will deliver me from the body of this DEATH" Paul cries out.
Elsewhere Paul calls this body "the body of our humiliation". In the final stage of salvation Christ will transfigure this body of humiliation to be conformed to His glorious body in resurrection and splendor.

'For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able to subject all things to Himself." (Phil 3:20,21)

Christ's full salvation is so practical - including man's spirit and soul and body and the environment - a total salvation.