To Those Who Don't Want Jesus

To Those Who Don't Want Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
You've seen me write things for years.
When did you ever see me write that I desired to "convert someone to Christianity?"
You have been proselytizing here for years and you now say you've not been trying to convert people to Christianity?

Moves
13 Apr 21

@fmf said
You have been proselytizing here for years and you now say you've not been trying to convert people to Christianity?
Not in my case. He's been trying to teach me how to play Canasta and finger guitar chords.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
When did you ever see me write that I desired to "convert someone to Christianity?"
Or do you think of "Christianity" as being controlled by "Satan" ~ you've said something along those lines several times ~ and what you have been trying to do, instead, is convert people to the teachings of Witness Lee and all the extra-Biblical stuff that entails?

Moves
13 Apr 21

@fmf said
Or do you think of "Christianity" as being controlled by "Satan" ~ you've said something along those lines several times ~ and what you have been trying to do, instead, is convert people to the teachings of Witness Lee and all the extra-Biblical stuff that entails?
So what if he did? What's it to you? Don't you have your own life to live?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 21

@FMF

What "guidance" is it you think you are giving aside from urging people to adopt the same beliefs in supernatural things as you have?

Maybe it is not that I believe something "extra". Maybe its that you do not believe enough.

You may make "supernatural" a bad word.
Maybe the status quo of a world alienated from the life of God is below normal.

I long for normality, not novelty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 21

There are books in the Bible which do not contain much in the way of miraculous things.

Ezra, Nehemiah, and some of the books about the return of the Israelites to the good land from Babylonian captivity are noticeably light or silent on the miraculous.

That the Bible is one endless collection of supernatural miraculous things is a caricature of some. God spoke in many ways.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 21
1 edit

@fmf said
And you've been here for years being humble.

Like you have no motive to put your ideas out on anyone else because you are tolerant, liberal, accommodating, the "live and let live" guy.

Either that or maybe you just don't have anything worth telling anybody.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
And you've been here for years being humble. Like you have no motive to put your ideas out on anyone else because you are tolerant, liberal, accommodating, the "live and let live" guy.Either that or maybe you just don't have anything worth telling anybody.
It's just a debate and discussion message board, sonship. If you don't find any beliefs other than your own to be interesting and only find your own to be worth anyone telling anybody, then that's OK.

It makes it strange, though, that you would choose a non-Christian chat room like this to proseltyze rather than do what you do ~ but on a blog instead.

You now seem to be saying that in 6 years as jaywill and more than 8 years as sonship you haven't been trying to convert anyone to Christianity.

It's odd, to say the least.

Moves
13 Apr 21
2 edits

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Not in my case. He's been trying to teach me how to play Canasta and finger guitar chords.
You’re in a particularly weird and snippy mood tonight Kevin Eleven. Something not right at home?

Moves
13 Apr 21

Hahaha. Easier to alert than to respond. 😉

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
You’re in a particularly weird and snippy mood tonight Kevin Eleven. Something not right at home?
I come from beyond and so do you, vacation boy, and you know it. 😉

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
You may make "supernatural" a bad word.
I don't think I do. As I have always maintained: if your speculation and conjecture about supernatural things lead to the adoption of religious beliefs that give you solace, structure and purpose in life ~ and help you come to terms with things like the inevitability of death ~ then that's not a "bad" thing at all.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Hahaha. Easier to alert than to respond.
The alert will most likely be by the auto-mod which will have responded to the words "petty prick".

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
I come from beyond and so do you, vacation boy, and you know it. 😉
Looking at the pattern of your posting over the last few hours I’d hazard a guess that you are intoxicated after an evening intended to be more fun than it turned out to be.