"Sins" that are not in the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Mar 21

@vivify said
Does this mean that not honoring your parents is a sin?
Not only a "sin" but also punishable by death at a certain time in Hebrew history.

rain

Moves
25 Mar 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Not only a "sin" but also punishable by death at a certain time in Hebrew history.
Yes; but do Christians still consider this a sin?

Or what about not following the Sabbath; do Christians today consider this a sin?

Moves
25 Mar 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
This is not so pretty clear at all. I dont think the way many churches interpret this passage is correct. Take for example:

David and Bathsheba. She must have been one spectacular woman, for a God fearing man [a man after Gods own heart], and with hundreds of wives and concubines at his beck and call, to go lusting after her and to commit murder and adultery to boot. Ther ...[text shortened]... n then Gods plan for procreation to fill the earth with people like the sand of the sea, would fail.
I think it’s pretty clear what Jesus was referring to when he said it was adultery for a man to be lusting after a woman in heart.

It’s not just casually finding a woman attractive, it is a deep, personal, internalised ... and possibly vinegar-stroked lust.

F

Moves
25 Mar 21

@divegeester said
I think it’s pretty clear what Jesus was referring to when he said it was adultery for a man to be lusting after a woman in heart.

It’s not just casually finding a woman attractive, it is a deep, personal, internalised ... and possibly vinegar-stroked lust.
a deep, personal, internalised ... and possibly vinegar-stroked lust

What did Jesus know of this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 21

@vivify said
This post received a thumbs-down. To whoever did so, care to explain why?
There is a certain woman, [which everyone know about] that goes around thumbing down all posts by people she hates, regardless of the content.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 21

@suzianne said
You have read the Bible, right?

Some parts more than once, right?

My religion doesn't worship the Bible as you apparently do.

Ahh, but here I am, trying to explan "pharisaical sins" to a Pharisee. So just never mind. I doubt you'll ever get it.
Nobody worships the bible. Accusing another Christian of doing that is just a line used by brainless dummies who lack reading and comprehension skills. The bible, is Gods communication with man, and you dont get to fabricate your own doctrines.. If you cannot read then take Pauls advice and go home and ask your husband for help. Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 21

@fmf said
Gambling.

I can see how this could be morally unsound if others were affected negatively by a person deriving entertainment from gambling, e.g. misuse of resources, more important things neglected etc.; and I can see how that kind of thing might be framed as "sinning" too, perhaps.

I don't see, however, how gambling ~ in and of itself ~ is either immoral or "sin".
Churches that claim it is a sin is mistaken. Gambling done in excess is stupid, but not immoral and not a sin.

rain

Moves
25 Mar 21

@rajk999 said
There is a certain woman, [which everyone know about] that goes around thumbing down all posts by people she hates, regardless of the content.
Duchess?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 21

@vivify said
Duchess?
No. Try again. She hates Dive, FMF as well.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 21

@rajk999 said
Nobody worships the bible. Accusing another Christian of doing that is just a line used by brainless dummies who lack reading and comprehension skills. The bible, is Gods communication with man, and you dont get to fabricate your own doctrines.. If you cannot read then take Pauls advice and go home and ask your husband for help. Thanks
You do, every time you claim something is not in the Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 21

@rajk999 said
Churches that claim it is a sin is mistaken. Gambling done in excess is stupid, but not immoral and not a sin.
Let me guess.

Because you do it.

Again, pharisaical.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 21

@rajk999 said
Throwing the first stone, eh?

Gutsy. Would you do this standing in front of Jesus? His detractors at the time couldn't. What makes you any better?

F

Moves
27 Mar 21

@suzianne said
Throwing the first stone, eh?

Gutsy. Would you do this standing in front of Jesus? His detractors at the time couldn't. What makes you any better?
Do you actually believe that the way you post and the way Rajk999 posts will have a bearing on how you fare when you are "standing in front of Jesus"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 21

@fmf said
Do you actually believe that the way you post and the way Rajk999 posts will have a bearing on how you fare when you are "standing in front of Jesus"?
Why do you use the word "actually"?

F

Moves
27 Mar 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
Why do you use the word "actually"?
Because you sound like you DO believe that, and it sounds like forum banter of the silliest kind. Asking ~ while inserting the word "actually" ~ gives you the chance to climb down and say "Of course not!"