"Sins" that are not in the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said
@FMF
Pretty sure the Bible doesn’t mention shooting someone with a tank either. Pretty sure it’s evil and a sin though. Nice to see you think you have more understanding than God. If you want to touch yourself do it but be quiet about it.
I haven't talked about shooting someone with a tank nor about touching myself.

F

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said
I was trying to explain some of the questions you had asked. It seems as though all you want to do is put down and argue which is pointless.
What questions were they?

F

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said
I always ask myself is this of God (good to you) or the devil ( just bad to you as non believer). I don’t blame anything or one for my actions. The devil comes to steal kill and destroy and has many tools. (you have to use some insight if possible) This would be bad stuff that just happens out of nowhere to you for no reason.
I don't think blaming one supernatural being ["Satan"] for the bad things and crediting another supernatural being ["God"] for the good things is an example of being "mature" in terms of moral agency. I don't think dissenting from your belief can be characterized as being "childish", in and of itself.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said
@FMF
Pretty sure the Bible doesn’t mention shooting someone with a tank either.
You seem to be trying very hard to miss the main point of the thread.

Of course the Bible isn't going to mention things that were not yet invented at the time of its writing.

But it certainly had the ability to take moral stands on known issues of its time. That is the discussion at hand.

Do you think slavery is morally wrong?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Apr 21
1 edit

@mike69 said
@vivify

When it comes to Christianity the things you say, think and how you try to explain them make you sound like a child trying to explain life to their younger sister. This isn’t out of anger or anything but how you sound to a mature Christian.

I assure you all the answers you ask are in the Bible and more. The problem is that you read the words but you don’t unders ...[text shortened]... ame things that effect non Christians effects Christians also as far as sin goes as mentioned above.
Your post is a perfect example of church mumbo-jumbo. Nothing you say is in the bible, so people who read the bible and dont go to your church, will be lost. Maybe you have a few points to make so please make them is simple clear english. If you have bible references to support what you say then please quote the bible. Thanks.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Apr 21

@bigdoggproblem said

Do you think slavery is morally wrong?
The word 'slavery' is not in the bible, but it did exist [under different names], and had to follow clear rules and guidelines regarding the treatment of these people. There is something sadly wrong with the kind of slavery practiced by modern man, but there is nothing wrong with the system of indentureship / servants as long as their treatment accords with the teachings of the bible.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
27 Apr 21

@rajk999 said
The word 'slavery' is not in the bible, but it did exist [under different names], and had to follow clear rules and guidelines regarding the treatment of these people. There is something sadly wrong with the kind of slavery practiced by modern man, but there is nothing wrong with the system of indentureship / servants as long as their treatment accords with the teachings of the bible.
https://www.openbible.info/topics/beating_a_slave

I suppose there is nothing wrong with beating a slave within an inch of his, or her, life, so long as they live at least 2 days afterwards?

(Hope they've got a good 'chin'!)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Apr 21

@bigdoggproblem said
https://www.openbible.info/topics/beating_a_slave

I suppose there is nothing wrong with beating a slave within an inch of his, or her, life, so long as they live at least 2 days afterwards?

(Hope they've got a good 'chin'!)
Ok. Here are some bible quotes on slavery

And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money. (Exodus 21:20-21 KJV)

And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake. And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake. (Exodus 21:26-27 KJV)

Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven. (Colossians 4:1 KJV)

This is slavery in the bible.

Let me know if you want to compare that with some historical quotes of slavery, the kinds you are speaking of.

Moves
27 Apr 21

@FMF
😁you are correct. You were talking about Christians making up sins that are not in the Bible. I think you used sex trafficking as an example and in another you were discussing someone touching themselves as another example.

It was clear you didn’t mention a tank and you knew that. What was the point of that comment rather than explaining your feelings about sins not in the Bible. weak

Moves
27 Apr 21

@Rajk999
Your post is a perfect example of the things you just accused me of, you're that person.

You know nothing about my beliefs towards anything. l will tell you this I’m not that shallow (as you sound) and everything you said about me is wrong.

Did you ever consider yourself a Christian or at least open minded at some point this greatly helps in understanding the word.

The thing is not everyone has to believe and live their life by your opinions. I accept you, do what you want all I ask is you also respect my beliefs.

All I’m doing is answering your questions from my relationship with God. I’m not going to list anything, it sounds like you know the words, but without the relationship you have no way of understanding them.

I

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Apr 21
2 edits

@mike69 said
@Rajk999
Your post is a perfect example of the things you just accused me of, you're that person.

You know nothing about my beliefs towards anything. l will tell you this I’m not that shallow (as you sound) and everything you said about me is wrong.

Did you ever consider yourself a Christian or at least open minded at some point this greatly helps in understanding ...[text shortened]... s like you know the words, but without the relationship you have no way of understanding them.

I
If I were to ask 100 people who claimed to have this relationship with God [aka the Holy Spirit] , or a personal relationship with God or an intimate relationship with God, you would get 100 different answers. That means God does not know what he is doing according to you. Therefore your claim to have a relationship with God is a delusion. You have a relationship with your pastor and your church.

There is nothing about a relationship with God in the Bible. What the bible does have is:
- the instruction to keep the commandments of Christ
- to live righteously and do good works

On the basis of this and this alone, God establishes a relationship with you. It is not the other way around. You dont establish any relationship with God. God establishes a realtionship with you. ... IF and ONLY IF, you keep his commandments God / Christ makes their abode with you Not the other way around.

I can provide references from the bible if you like. I asked you for references for what you said and you failed to comply.

As usual the rest of your post is personal remarks and / or irrelevant nonsense which [as I said before] will fall on deaf ears.

F

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said
@FMF
You were talking about Christians making up sins that are not in the Bible. I think you used sex trafficking as an example and in another you were discussing someone touching themselves as another example.
I wasn't talking about "Christians making up sins that are not in the Bible". You are mistaken. For me, there are immoral acts but there are not "sins". I think you are mixing me up with someone else. I haven't accused Christians of "making up" stuff on this issue.

Moves
27 Apr 21

@Rajk999
Most of the time you have to build that positive relationship with God before you can begin to understand the meaning behind the words.

All you see are words on paper and think because you can recall part of them that you pick and choose you understand Christianity and Christians.

Open your mind, listen and at least try to maybe understand the points being made and you will find some of the answers to your questions.

I read your post and it’s flawed by your huge lack of understanding of the words in the Bible. Again you don’t know me or my relationship with Christ and when you make unfounded comments like you did about me I have no need to reply.

You still never answered any of my questions about yourself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Apr 21

@mike69 said

I read your post and it’s flawed by your huge lack of understanding of the words in the Bible.
You still never answered any of my questions about yourself.
What words of the bible exactly did I not understand? Just making that statement without supporting evidence tells me that you are just full of talk.

I see no questions in your post.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@Rajk999
As far as the actual meaning of a word as your speaking you have none. What I’m trying to explain to you is that you don’t understand the meaning of those words to a Christian especially when you put the Bible all together and not try to understand it by picking and choosing certain spots.