"Sins" that are not in the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
28 Apr 21

@rajk999 said
Ok. Here are some bible quotes on slavery

[i]And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money. (Exodus 21:20-21 KJV)

And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him ...[text shortened]... w if you want to compare that with some historical quotes of slavery, the kinds you are speaking of.
So, you have no comment on whether it is morally correct to beat a slave within an inch of their life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21

@bigdoggproblem said
So, you have no comment on whether it is morally correct to beat a slave within an inch of their life?
Before I can answer such a question I need to know exactly what the slave did to deserve such a beating or is it that you do not believe people should be punished for wrongdoing?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21
1 edit

@mike69 said
@Rajk999
As far as the actual meaning of a word as your speaking you have none. What I’m trying to explain to you is that you don’t understand the meaning of those words to a Christian especially when you put the Bible all together and not try to understand it by picking and choosing certain spots.
Is English your second language ?? Nothing you write makes sense. Maybe you should resist the temptation to write stuff until you get some English Writing and Grammer courses.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@Rajk999

Like I said you don’t understand.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21
1 edit

@mike69 said
@Rajk999

Like I said you don’t understand.
My failure to understand means you have failed to explain yourself. I'm pretty sure you have understood every word I wrote, and that is because I write clearly.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@mike69
You look at the Bible through the eyes of a non believer for understanding.

I’m saying you have to look at the Bible through the eyes of a Christian if you want that understanding.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@Rajk999
Yes I understood your words but they don't make sense to me as a life standard because I don’t think and believe as you. I can’t find the meaning in your words that you do as you don’t mine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21
1 edit

@mike69 said
@mike69
You look at the Bible through the eyes of a non believer for understanding.

I’m saying you have to look at the Bible through the eyes of a Christian if you want that understanding.
Ok thats an improvement. Well done. I understand that. Now lets take this a step further. For anyone to take you seriously you need to back up such statements with examples or proof.

Lets hear the proof.

F

Moves
28 Apr 21

This mike69 is an anti-Christian parody account surely?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
28 Apr 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Before I can answer such a question I need to know exactly what the slave did to deserve such a beating or is it that you do not believe people should be punished for wrongdoing?
Good question!

Strangely, the Bible verse seems indifferent as to whether the slave has actually done something wrong, or not. The only insight we get is '[the slave] is [the master's] money'.

It sounds like the Bible thinks I may beat my slave if he causes me financial harm of pretty much any kind.

I think physical assault is an extremely excessive punishment, for what may be nothing more than a less productive day of work by the slave.

I think the very idea of one person owning another person is egregiously, morally wrong.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@FMF
Explain

Moves
28 Apr 21

@Rajk999
Why would I have to prove myself to you or anyone. Read and judge my words to your understanding, it means very little to me.

Why don’t we talk about you? What brought you to your current belief system if anything in your eyes. In this case you have a very one dimensional thought process that restricts your ability to fully understand a subject you think you know everything about.

In truth All your concerned with is finding things in the Bible you think prove that Gods words are flawed and dishonest along with Christians. You have an unnecessary need to feel and be a few things your not. We are flawed not the Word. The important thing here is the growth and application of the Bible not your personnel agendas.

Moves
28 Apr 21

@Rajk999
Do you think I take you seriously. I find your viewpoints very flawed and your a joke, all you do is insult.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21

@fmf said
This mike69 is an anti-Christian parody account surely?
Where did he suddenly appear from?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Apr 21

@mike69 said
@Rajk999
Do you think I take you seriously. I find your viewpoints very flawed and your a joke, all you do is insult.
Like I said, saying my viewpoints are flawed does not cut it around here. Lets see some supporting evidence for this claim.