1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:47
    What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why do they spend so much time doing it?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:50
    @plantermoo said
    What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Haven't you asked this before?

It smacks of somebody embarrassed to be out-argued in deciphering their own religious book by a non believer.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:531 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Haven't you asked this before?

It smacks of somebody embarrassed to be out-argued in deciphering their own religious book by a non believer.
    He is one of those multiple account/personality posters... joins under a different name and immediately starts posting on the same nonsense.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:54
    @rajk999 said
    He is one of those multiple account/personality posters... joins and immediately starts posting on the same nonsense.
    Indeed.

Thank goodness sir we are here to correct his errors.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:57
    @plantermoo said

You religious chaps are holding us back as a species. It's time to put away childish things.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 20:34
    Anyone want to comment on the OP?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 20:59
    @plantermoo said
    They don’t believe it to be reality.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 21:01
    @plantermoo said
    You do realise that not everyone lives in Cincinnati, USA?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 21:05
    @plantermoo said
    I answered your OP. Religion is holding us back as a species. If you were spouting belief in the Earth being flat I would challenge that as well.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 21:09
    @plantermoo said

If it were truly good news it would effortlessly withstand scrutiny.
  11. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 21:163 edits
    @plantermoo said

How about these three.

The pure hyprocisy that they might perceive - We have a 6th commandment "though shalt not kill" and Christians line up at war time to do just that?

There is the prohibition again idolatory, and every Sunday many of "the faithful" can be seen going into a building where they either themsleves bow or watch others bow before idols.

And if you are going to be "no part of this world", are politics compatible with a Christian fait in practice?

or am I being unfair, and if so why?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:17
    @plantermoo said
    People cannot simply decide to believe claims about supernatural things that they do not find credible or are not convinced by.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:201 edit
    @plantermoo said
    Topics like morality and the nature of faith, the part that belief systems play in the human condition, the effects psychology and anthropology have on human nature, and other spirituality-related issues are interesting to debate and discuss. That's why.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:261 edit
    @medullah said
    How about these three.

The pure hyprocisy that they might perceive - We have a 6th commandment "though shalt not kill" and Christians line up at war time to do just that?

There is the prohibition again idolatory, and every Sunday many of "the faithful" can be seen going into a building where they either themsleves bow or watch others bow before idols.

And if you are ...[text shortened]... , are politics compatible with a Christian fait in practice?

or am I being unfair, and if so why?
    Interesting angle.

However, my agnostic atheism is not caused by the shortcomings of any theists' observance of their religion.

Indeed, my own loss of my Christian faith had nothing much to do with whatever hyprocisy or failures one might point out in the behaviour of Christians.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:45
    @rajk999 said
    He is one of those multiple account/personality posters... joins under a different name and immediately starts posting on the same nonsense.
    25 Jul 2022

"Any player will have their account removed once confirmed as a returning banned account."

~ Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree