Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
Not I.
KellyJay would have nothing much to fill his posts with ~ when talking to non-believers ~ without his platoon of dog-eared strawmen.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23
4 edits

@kellyjay said
You know how it should have been done instead of how it is, what a wise person you think you are.
I observe how it is. The universe is old. Very very old. Billions and billions of years old. There has been plenty of time for a mere 100 or so elements to be shuffled together often enough to form life, at least once that we know of, somewhere in this vast universe composed of uncountable billions of galaxies. This Earth is but a speck of dust in the midst of a cosmic explosion. Nothing special about it at all, except that we think so.

You are the one imagining things and Beings which 'should' be. You are the one imagining that all this cosmic explosion and killing-just-to-eat was designed for a Grand Purpose which revolves around the eternal salvation of your little wisp of ego.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23

@fmf said
platoon of dog-eared strawmen.
😆

Take that to mixed metaphors, Spanky !

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
It is for KellyJay, and that's what he can't get past.
It’s amazing to behold regardless of what you think caused it and maintains it, no one argues that I believe! It is either a masterpiece of design, or chance and necessity, without explanation of a starting point.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@divegeester said
Why are you comparing a belief in Jesus to a belief that the moon is made of green cheese?
I’m looking at the existence of God and belief that Jesus Christ is the Messiah from an atheist’s perspective. I suspect an atheist would find the comparison apt.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
I’m not a Christ denier. Neither am I a kobold denier. Neither am I an elf denier. Neither am I a Zeus denier. Neither am I a tooth fairy denier. Neither am I an Easter Bunny denier. Neither am I a werewolf, vampire, and lizard people denier. Neither am I wasting any more time answering your vapid question.

EDIT: Why does it matter to you what I believe? Because the ...[text shortened]... at they no longer have the wherewithall to burn me at the stake for not believing what they believe.
You deny all those things whether you choose to admit it or not.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There is plenty for us to shoot for as a species, exploration, progress, discovery. God provides false answers and the result is that you stop looking for the correct answers.

How many great minds have been led astray by your false doctrine?
Zero?

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If you came across a community who 'did' believe in rainbow coloured hippos and believed they had some kind of moral or spiritual superiority over you, I suspect you 'would' spend an inordinate amount of time arguing with them and dispelling their myth.
As far as I know, atheists are naturalists and don’t believe in spirituality. And they’re moral relativists also (i.e. don’t believe in absolute morality.)

So I think your point here is misguided.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Take, for example, what we now know (with some certainty) about how we evolved as a species. Your clinging to an archaic book has definitely held you back as an individual, stunted your intellectual growth.
Do you seriously believe all life on earth can be traced back to a single-celled organism floating in the ocean?

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Every path leads somewhere, but if there is no particular path that is needed how could any path be any more right or any more wrong than another? Being led down a wrong path suggests there is a right to be on, which is what you are implying, I imply it too, but I have a destination in mind for cause, you have a cause without a destination in mind.
Some of the best journeys have no certain destination.

The future is unwritten Kelly, the universe full of things we don't understand, may never understand. Deal with it.

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
As far as I know, atheists are naturalists and don’t believe in spirituality. And they’re moral relativists also (i.e. don’t believe in absolute morality.)

So I think your point here is misguided.
You know nothing Jon Snow.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why do they spend so much time doing it?
human eyes can only see a very narrow range of light
everything else is obscured
the only way humans know that there are things that cannot be seen with the eyes, is by measuring the way observable things interact with the unobservable

for instance, gravity
we all know it's there, it's measurable, but it cannot be seen with the eyes
only the effects can be seen
so humans grudgingly accept gravity, even tho it varies from time to time (check yer bathroom scale, is it accurate?)

all that is known about God is what is told to humans by many different books, tales, assertions, witness, and blind faith
psssssh

what humans want is not what God gives willingly
and,
if God is so dang perfect in every way, what the heck?
God needs to show up on stage and slap the snot outta well dressed preachers and prove to folks that omniscience is real
but God does not do this
and the only thing believers have to show is a book
that isn't very well written
and contradicts itself regularly

what humans CAN see is adherents of the various books not acting in accordance with their verbal spouting and posturing

why believe?
FEAR?

lol
folks who do not believe want folks who do believe to offer proof

not a story about a flood
psssssh
not a story about resurrection
prove it

the motivation you want folks to demonstrate to you is pretty much what folks want YOU to demonstrate to them

yer assertions fail, until you offer a way to bring God out from behind the curtain
and take a bow

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@moonbus said
I’m not a Christ denier. Neither am I a kobold denier. Neither am I an elf denier. Neither am I a Zeus denier. Neither am I a tooth fairy denier. Neither am I an Easter Bunny denier. Neither am I a werewolf, vampire, and lizard people denier. Neither am I wasting any more time answering your vapid question.

EDIT: Why does it matter to you what I believe? Because the ...[text shortened]... at they no longer have the wherewithall to burn me at the stake for not believing what they believe.
lol
so many times i want to hug you,
pat you on the head,
feed you soup,
and wave you like a flag

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rookie54 said
human eyes can only see a very narrow range of light
everything else is obscured
the only way humans know that there are things that cannot be seen with the eyes, is by measuring the way observable things interact with the unobservable

for instance, gravity
we all know it's there, it's measurable, but it cannot be seen with the eyes
only the effects can be seen ...[text shortened]...
yer assertions fail, until you offer a way to bring God out from behind the curtain
and take a bow
There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ for those who haven’t made up their mind and who are open-minded and genuinely interested in investigating it.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ for those who haven’t made up their mind and who are open-minded and genuinely interested in investigating it.
15 Reasons Why The Resurrection Really Did Happen?