Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
If someone on here posted that the moon was made of green cheese, I wouldn’t waste my time arguing with him because I think such a proposition is so obviously false as to be ridiculous.
Why are you comparing a belief in Jesus to a belief that the moon is made of green cheese?

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@plantermoo said
What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why do they spend so much time doing it?
I’m not a Christ denier. Neither am I a kobold denier. Neither am I an elf denier. Neither am I a Zeus denier. Neither am I a tooth fairy denier. Neither am I an Easter Bunny denier. Neither am I a werewolf, vampire, and lizard people denier. Neither am I wasting any more time answering your vapid question.

EDIT: Why does it matter to you what I believe? Because the only thing that matters to me about what Christians believe is, that they no longer have the wherewithall to burn me at the stake for not believing what they believe.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
If someone on here posted that the moon was made of green cheese, I wouldn’t waste my time arguing with him because I think such a proposition is so obviously false as to be ridiculous.
I don't think that religions like yours are "ridiculous". There are plenty of interesting and serious matters arising and enormous numbers of people are affected by them. You keep asking the same question but you are not listening to the answers you are getting.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
How can anything hold you back if there is nothing to shot for? Don’t you simply do what you want?
There is plenty for us to shoot for as a species, exploration, progress, discovery. God provides false answers and the result is that you stop looking for the correct answers.

How many great minds have been led astray by your false doctrine?

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
Why does it matter to you what I believe?
It was one of his go-to questions when he was posting in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 using various different screen names. Exactly the same questions and exactly the same inability to process the answers and move on to a less pedestrian topic.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I don’t believe rainbow-colored hippopotamus to be reality. That doesn’t mean I would spend inordinate amounts of time arguing with someone who did.
If you came across a community who 'did' believe in rainbow coloured hippos and believed they had some kind of moral or spiritual superiority over you, I suspect you 'would' spend an inordinate amount of time arguing with them and dispelling their myth.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
It does, for those who understand the Bible. And not on a carnal level (because it can’t be understood on a carnal level) but on a spiritual level.
Nonsense. It doesn't even withstand scrutiny between Christians.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
It does, for those who understand the Bible. And not on a carnal level (because it can’t be understood on a carnal level) but on a spiritual level.
The "argument" you are employing here is called a "special pleading" logical fallacy. It may be a persuasive claim to you, but it is very a very weak one if you want to discuss your faith with people who don't share your beliefs in good faith.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@hakima said
True athiests and Christ deniers do not argue. By the very nature of the subject; that God and Christ do not exist, it’s pointless to argue.

We are absolutely unmotivated to argue what does not exist.
There is always a point to be made in any discussion where there is disagreement, the desire to prove we are right is clearly seen when we argue or discuss any topic. God who is the prime reality alters our thoughts about all things due to who He is, or who we think He is, even His denial colors the universe differently with everything in it just as much as His acceptance does.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There is plenty for us to shoot for as a species, exploration, progress, discovery. God provides false answers and the result is that you stop looking for the correct answers.

Nonsense, knowing there is an author to a book doesn't stop me from reading it, knowing who the author is may cause me to desire to read the book! Seeing the majestic majesty of creation is more inspiring to me than thinking nothing to see here but blind chance, and indifference.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

To be held back suggests a destination, if there isn't a road destination how can you be held back if anywhere we go is where we going, it would matter not.

“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?” The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?” “I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”

The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Seeing the majestic majesty of creation is more inspiring to me than thinking nothing to see here but blind chance, and indifference.
If you feel you must anthropomorphize the creator entity, if there is one, then that is your prerogative.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Nonsense, knowing there is an author to a book doesn't stop me from reading it, knowing who the author is may cause me to desire to read the book! Seeing the majestic majesty of creation is more inspiring to me than thinking nothing to see here but blind chance, and indifference.
Take, for example, what we now know (with some certainty) about how we evolved as a species. Your clinging to an archaic book has definitely held you back as an individual, stunted your intellectual growth.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
To be held back suggests a destination, if there isn't a road destination how can you be held back if anywhere we go is where we going, it would matter not.

“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?” The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?” “I don’t know,” Alice answered.

“Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, ...[text shortened]... d the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
A universe without God isn't without meaning and wonder.

It really isn't.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
This sounds like a rather clumsy variation on your 'there is no meaning of life for non-believers' riff.