1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:04
    @secondson said
    Don't be deceived by the put on show by the rich and affluent. Everyone knows we'll never feed the world. But we could if...
    You believe Beethoven's music is part of some grand deception connected to NOT "feeding the world"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:04
    @secondson said
    Geez! What does being a Philistine have to do with art, music and literature?
    "A philistine person is a man or a woman of smugly narrow mind, and of conventional morality whose materialistic views and tastes indicate a lack of and an indifference to cultural and æsthetic values"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistinism
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:08
    @fmf said
    I am not asking for details. But clearly you are not denying that you might believe your footprint vis a vis alleviating the predicament faced by the poor and starving might be a bigger one than Beethoven's, if one were to "run the numbers", which you asked me to do.
    You're all over the place. Now you're being absurd.

#1. I suggested you run the numbers relative to my meaning within the context where I said it. I did not "ask" anything.

#2. I never said, or gave any indication that I believed my "footprint" was bigger than anyone's.

That just you introducing into the discussion your pile of BS, like you always do, which throws into question your honesty and integrity.

You're creating a boldface lie.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    @secondson said
    This is what I mean by my post above. You go overboard by introducing into the narrative of any given discussion your psycho-babbling and hyperbolical insertions of language not inclusive with a coherent train of thought consistent with the content and context of the topic of discussion.
    This is a post by a person how has just looked up and realised they are at the bottom of a hole with a large spade and no ladder.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    @divegeester said
    "A philistine person is a man or a woman of smugly narrow mind, and of conventional morality whose materialistic views and tastes indicate a lack of and an indifference to cultural and æsthetic values"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistinism
    Google:
    phil·is·tine
    /ˈfiləˌstēn/
    noun
    a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts, or who has no understanding of them.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:09
    @secondson said
    You're creating a boldface lie.
    I don't think I am.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:111 edit
    @secondson said
    Don't be silly. No single individual, no matter how wealthy in goods, talents and resources he may be, can feed millions and millions of starving people.

I do what I can, and if every individual in the world did equally, I think there wouldn't be one person that starves to death.

Run the numbers.
    When you "run the numbers", do you find Beethoven came up short?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:13
    @secondson said
    I never said, or gave any indication that I believed my "footprint" was bigger than anyone's.
    Did you not suggest that if everyone did as much as you do, there would be no starving people?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:16
    @secondson said
    I suggested you run the numbers relative to my meaning within the context where I said it. I did not "ask" anything.
    The context is your peculiar criticism of Beethoven and the way you have chosen to link him, in a bizarre way, to "the starving millions".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:18
    @secondson said
    You're all over the place.
    This is patently untrue. I am right in front of you, tackling your posts head on.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:47
    @fmf said
    You believe Beethoven's music is part of some grand deception connected to NOT "feeding the world"?
    That's an idiotic question to ask, and has nothing to do with anything that's been said.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:52
    @divegeester said
    This is a post by a person how has just looked up and realised they are at the bottom of a hole with a large spade and no ladder.
    And yours is a post of a self deluded forum strutting peacock.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 15:59
    @fmf said
    This is patently untrue. I am right in front of you, tackling your posts head on.
    No you're not. Most of what you say is off topic and a mischaracterization of what was said.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:00
    @secondson said
    That's an idiotic question to ask, and has nothing to do with anything that's been said.
    I asked you specifically about Beethoven's possible contribution to feeding the world and you said :

"Don't be deceived by the put on show by the rich and affluent."

So, it raises the question: do you believe Beethoven's music is part of some grand deception connected to NOT "feeding the world"?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:00
    @fmf said
    Did you not suggest that if everyone did as much as you do, there would be no starving people?
    Did you not read what I said?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree