1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:01
    @fmf said
    The context is your peculiar criticism of Beethoven and the way you have chosen to link him, in a bizarre way, to "the starving millions".
    I haven't criticized Beethoven. That's just you making crap up.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:02
    @secondson said
    No you're not. Most of what you say is off topic and a mischaracterization of what was said.
    You are mistaken. The topic is Beethoven and you have introduced the sub-topic of "the starving millions".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:04
    @secondson said
    Did you not say this about him?

Supercilious. Like most of what I hear coming out of men's mouths. A lot of sound with little substance. A word mask that hides a man delirious with himself because he has a disproportionate sense of the importance of his own thoughts, ideas and the noise he makes.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:06
    @secondson said
    I am not "making up" what you said about Beethoven on page 1.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:08
    @secondson said
    The longer I live the less impressed I am with the accomplishments of men and the lauding of the same.
    When it comes to music, art and literature, would you describe yourself as a philistine?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:10
    @fmf said
    I asked you specifically about Beethoven's possible contribution to feeding the world and you said :

"Don't be deceived by the put on show by the rich and affluent."

So, it raises the question: do you believe Beethoven's music is part of some grand deception connected to NOT "feeding the world"?
    Was it Beethoven's contribution? Or was it the capitalization of Beethoven's music by the rich and affluent?

No such question about Beethoven's music was raised by me. And I never said anything about "some grand deception".

That's just your nonsensical contribution to the chaos you create in this forum everyday.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:11
    @secondson said
    Did you not read what I said?
    Yes, you suggested that if everyone did as much as you do, there would be no starving people in the world.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:12
    @fmf said
    I am not "making up" what you said about Beethoven on page 1.
    You said I criticized Beethoven. I didn't. Are you delusional?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:14
    @secondson said
    That's just your nonsensical contribution to the chaos you create in this forum everyday.
    Nope. It's a fair question.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:23
    @fmf said
    Did you not say this about him?

Supercilious. Like most of what I hear coming out of men's mouths. A lot of sound with little substance. A word mask that hides a man delirious with himself because he has a disproportionate sense of the importance of his own thoughts, ideas and the noise he makes.
    Here's proof you're making crap up.

You asked, "What do you think of Ludwig van Beethoven's adage?"

The answer I gave was about the adage, not about Beethoven.

I don't care how you spin it, you're generating a lie.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:27
    @secondson said
    Here's proof you're making crap up.

You asked, "What do you think of Ludwig van Beethoven's adage?"

The answer I gave was about the adage, not about Beethoven.

I don't care how you spin it, you're generating a lie.
    But you said: A word mask that hides a man delirious with himself because he has a disproportionate sense of the importance of his own thoughts, ideas and the noise he makes.

Beethoven was a man "...delirious with himself because he has a disproportionate sense of the importance of his own thoughts, ideas and the noise he makes"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:35
    @secondson said
    And I never said anything about "some grand deception".
    You said: "Don't be deceived by the put on show by the rich and affluent."

Sounds rather grand to me as deceptions go.

"The rich and affluent".

Not some tiny little deception then.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:38
    @secondson said
    You said I criticized Beethoven. I didn't. Are you delusional?
    You criticized him on page 1. You described him as a man who is "...delirious with himself because he has a disproportionate sense of the importance of his own thoughts, ideas and the noise he makes." I don't see how quoting you criticizing him in this way makes me "delusional".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:40
    @secondson said
    No such question about Beethoven's music was raised by me.
    I asked you about his music and you said: "The longer I live the less impressed I am with the accomplishments of men and the lauding of the same."
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 16:44
    @secondson said
    Was it Beethoven's contribution? Or was it the capitalization of Beethoven's music by the rich and affluent?
    The music was Beethoven's, yes. His music generated wealth while he was alive and since he died. Won't the taxes earned on all the economic activity and employment his music gave rise to, have had some impact on "feeding the world"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree