Jesus

Jesus "flowing through" people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@Rajk999

Nonsense. Witless Lee misses the point completely.

Did the prophet Isaiah also miss the point completely ?

A King, a man will be as "streams of water in a dry place" (Isaiah 32:2)

Do you and "the community" here decree that NO SUCH MAN ever was like this (to you at least) ?

This man has come. He is the Son of God. He is indeed the reality of those streams of life giving water in a dry place to many of us who received Him.

Did Jesus also completely miss the point in John 7:38.

"He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

John the writer didn't miss the point. He was real close to these events. He wrote:

"But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (v. 39)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

The prophet Isaiah predicted a righteous King who would be like streams of water in the desert. And Jesus said those who believe in Him would have rivers of living water flowing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21

Jesus didn't say He didn't say the evidence of this would be they would always pat atheists on the head as atheists mocked, jeered, blasphemed God and tried to walk all over followers of Jesus.

Jesus didn't say the evidence of flowing rivers of living water would be that they would never speak contrarily to atheists. Jesus didn't say the evidence would be they would always smile in agreement with those who brag that they study "God figures" as unbelieving cynics of the New Testament.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
@FMF
Whatever "the community" says of course.
It is whatever "the community" has determined to be the consensus of "the community" with regards to what "the community" has decided is the truth, i.e. it's not in the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

@SecondSon

I am not sure. There is repeated weight given by FMF on this community.
I seem always to be at odds with it.

Anyway, this is a good thread so far.

Is the Spirit the Jesus said will flow through His believers Jesus Himself ?

Well, Yes. "[T]he last Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

So Jesus put Himself in a form in which He could as life giving Spirit come into our innermost being and flow out of our innermost being, if we invite Jesus into our hearts.

Am I right?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
Jesus didn't say He didn't say the evidence of this would be they would always pat atheists on the head as atheists mocked, jeered, blasphemed God and tried to walk all over followers of Jesus.

Jesus didn't say the evidence of flowing rivers of living water would be that they would never speak contrarily to atheists. Jesus didn't say the evidence would be they would a ...[text shortened]... eement with those who brag that they study "God figures" as unbelieving cynics of the New Testament.
Grinning, bragging, mocking, blaspheming, jeering and unbelieving cynics.

Such are blind guides leading the blind.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 21

I have much more to write about Jesus being in a state that He can flow through man as the life giving Spirit.

But first I want to preempt any misunderstanding.

Though Paul wrote that Christ BECAME a life giving Spirit in First Corinthians 15:45 the Spirit as the Third of the Triune God was from eternity.

We see the Spirit brooding upon the face of the waters in Genesis 1:2.

And "the Spirit" is called "the eternal Spirit" in Hebrews 9:14.

Still we have something on earth that never was - a man who is God become a man, born of a virgin, God incarnate. And the Bible says this man "became a life giving Spirit".

The Trinity is mysterious. The Spirit is the eternal Spirit. And the last Adam, Christ, became a life giving Spirit.

And there is only one divine and uncreated eternal Spirit Who is God Himself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship said
I have much more to write about Jesus being in a state that He can flow through man as the life giving Spirit.

But first I want to preempt any misunderstanding.

Though Paul wrote that Christ BECAME a life giving Spirit in First Corinthians 15:45 the Spirit as the Third of the Triune God was from eternity.

We see the Spirit brooding upon the face of th ...[text shortened]... iving Spirit[/b].

And there is only one divine and uncreated eternal Spirit Who is God Himself.
Spot on biblical truth sonship.

"The community" will hang you for daring to say such things.

I predict a barrage of ad hominem attacks.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
I have much more to write about Jesus being in a state that He can flow through man as the life giving Spirit
Oh dear.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Oh dear.
This is all FMF's fault ... lol 😀

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@sonship said
@SecondSon

I am not sure. There is repeated weight given by FMF on this community.
I seem always to be at odds with it.

Anyway, this is a good thread so far.

Is the Spirit the Jesus said will flow through His believers Jesus Himself ?

Well, Yes. "[T]he last Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

So Jesus put Himself i ...[text shortened]... most being and flow out of our innermost being, if we invite Jesus into our hearts.

Am I right?
That is exactly what the scriptures teach.

"The community", of course, will see it as a breach of the gates that guard the fortress of their consensus doctrine that Jesus is dead.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@secondson said
That is exactly what the scriptures teach.

"The community", of course, will see it as a breach of the gates that guard the fortress of their consensus doctrine that Jesus is dead.
Actually that is what your church preaches and that is their wilfully false interpretation of the scriptures. The church has conveniently ignored the teachings of Christ regarding this matter of the Holy Spirit, who has it, how to receive it and how to ensure that the Spirit of God is 'flowing through' them.

Instead of heeding the teachings of Christ [as in John 15] about what one must do in order to abide in Him, churches now promote the doctrine of professing faith alone with their mouth, and then do nothing as the only way to have Jesus 'flowing through them'. Its a false doctrine and the road to damnation.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Actually that is what your church preaches and that is their wilfully false interpretation of the scriptures. The church has conveniently ignored the teachings of Christ regarding this matter of the Holy Spirit, who has it, how to receive it and how to ensure that the Spirit of God is 'flowing through' them.

Instead of heeding the teachings of Christ [as in John 15] about ...[text shortened]... the only way to have Jesus 'flowing through them'. Its a false doctrine and the road to damnation.
That coming from a heretic that believes God is living on a planet somewhere in the universe, and thinks that's what the Bible teaches.

You're a full blown liar.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 21
4 edits

@Rajk999

Christians therefore who claim to have the Holy Spirit and/or proclaim that Jesus is flowing through them, are sadly mistaken if also with the same mouth they condemn the keeping of the commandments of Christ and derogatorily refer to it as works salvation and legalistic Pharisaical doctrine.

Jesus as the Spirit flowing in man is the teaching of Jesus. It is not the sole claim of any individual person. Christ is the one you have to blame for this teaching. (John 7:37-39)

"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried ..."

Not sonship stood and cried but Jesus did.

"If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

Altogether now! Who do we hold responsible for the teaching of Jesus as living water flowing out of the belly (KJV) or innermost being (RcV)? Jesus. And He refers to "as the Scripture has said".

Once more before you forget. WHO DO WE BLAME FOR THIS TEACHING ??

Jesus is responsible for it in John 7:37-39. And Jesus said He was confirming what Scripture had said. That was of course the Scriptures that they had at that time.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@Rajk999

Christians therefore who claim to have the Holy Spirit and/or proclaim that Jesus is flowing through them, are sadly mistaken if also with the same mouth they condemn the keeping of the commandments of Christ and derogatorily refer to it as works salvation and legalistic Pharisaical doctrine.

Jesus as the Spirit flowing in man is the teaching ...[text shortened]... as confirming what Scripture had said. That was of course the Scriptures that they had at that time.
Thanks for making my point clearer. Jesus and the Apostles went to great lengths to identify two types of Christians

1. The Wise - those professing LIVING FAITH, the keepers of commandments, the righteous, the genuinely faithful, the Good Samaritans, the obedient, the ones who will enter the Kingdom of God.

2. The Foolish - those professing to believe with their mouith ie DEAD FAITH, the ones who disobey commandments, the unrighteous, the mouthworshippers, the Levites and Priests, the disobedient, the ones who will be cast out of the Kingdom of God.

Everybody knows which type you are.