1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Feb '21 23:371 edit
    @sonship said
    Where else can we find something about Jesus flowing in people ?

This verse is very close. Paul says the rock from which the children of Israel drank from was a "spiritual drink". And the "spiritual drink" in symbolism came from the rock in symbolism which WAS CHRIST !

Right here.

[b]"And all ate the same spiritual food,

And all drank the ...[text shortened]... .

In symbolism in actual history - they drink from Christ. And they drank of the Spirit of God.
    You keep quoting passages and ignoring the critical prat of what it means to drink of the cup / rock of Christ. This symbolism means something other than what you claim it is.

In 1 Cor 10 if you read the whole chapter you will see that the Jews received Christ or the Holy Spirit if you want, but many of them after receiving / drinking Christ they continued with a life of sin and evil and God destroyed them.

You continue to ignore what the bible says about what it means to have Holy Spirit. This failure demonstrates that your faith is a sham and is dead.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 07:241 edit
    There is nothing in the rest of the chapter of 1 Cor. 10 which makes the truth about Christ being the reality of the rock from which the water flowed.

The entire chapter does not HAVE to deal ONLY with what is mentioned in verses 3 and 4 about the spiritual food pointing to Christ or the spiritual drink pointing to the Spirit of Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 07:301 edit
    Rajk999 in his unbelief may wave frantic hands about the other verses from 5 through 33. These are important teaching in themselves. He slanders Christians who do not use those verses to teach AGAINST Christ being the reality of the OT "spiritual food" and the Spirit being the drinkable water from the "spiritual rock".

You cant count on Rajk999 always to dumb down entire portions of the Bible to suppress the truths of Christ being the divine life flowing into man.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 07:551 edit
    "For I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea.

"[U]nder the cloud" is symbolism about the Holy Spirit.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea." (v.2)

Baptized in the Red Sea pointed to dying and being raised with Christ in the New Testament.

As they Israelites were baptized unto Moses the New Testament believers are baptized unto the Son of God. Moses was a pointer to Christ.

"And all ate the same spiritual food" (v4)

This refers mainly to the manna that they ate for forty years. John's Gospel has Jesus clearly teach that the manna God gave them pointed allegorically to Christ who is "the bread which came down out of heaven" Christ Himself.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 07:56
    "And all drank the same spiritual drink ..." (v4a)

This points to the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, Jesus "the life giving Spirit" that He transfigured Himself into to bring God into man. "[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)

" . . . for they drank of a spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ." (v.4b)

There is hardly need for interpretation since Paul plainly tells us "the rock was Christ".

Though much of the rest of the chapter concerns other matters including discipline to believers, nothing there nullifies the OT symbolism of water from the smitten rock pointing to God Spirit pouring forth from the cleft Rock of Ages - Jesus.

Verse 5 starts out "with most of them God was not well pleased, for they were strewn along in the wilderness." Nothing in the following warnings discourages man from REALIZING that Christ is the smitten Rock from which men drink the Spirit of life.

Does any of the following discussion teach that the children of Israel SHOULD NOT have been baptized, should not have crossed the Red Sea, or should NOT have drank the spiritual drink from the spiritual rock? No.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:091 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    We do stick to what is written. It may not be written all in one place.
    Who’s “we”?

Are you speaking on behalf of a consortium?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:121 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You on the other hand want to cut up and separate the whole truth.
    What you don't believe you want to it is cut out and cut off and separated from the entire revelation of the Bible.
    You frequently post material from your church cult using text phrases which are not in the Bible.

The “fountain of blood” is one example and “Jesus flowing through a man” is another.

You should stick to what is written and rely less on words, concepts and messaging which you may have picked up elsewhere.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:13
    @sonship said
    @divegeester "It is not longer I that live but Christ Who lives in me. . . " (see Gal. 2:20)

That could well amount to Jesus flowing in someone.
    No it couldn’t, that is not what it says.

Stick to the text.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:15
    @sonship said
    Stick to what’s written, not what you want to be there.

You must mean things like -

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)
    Well at least you would be sticking to the written text even if you are taking a metaphor literally.

If you don’t start with the correct text then you have little chance of stating on message with the truth, especially the way you bend and convolute passages to fit with your cult’s narrative.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:16
    @sonship said
    Why don't you like me sticking to those passages in 2 Cor. 3:17 and John 7:39?

Together they amount to Jesus the Spirit able to flow through men as living water.
    When you say “amount”, what you’re actually saying is “what I amount them to”.

Stick to the text.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 08:211 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999
    That is what the community usually pushes back on.
    The handful of people here, “the community” as you have amusingly started calling us, are either atheists who find your version of Christianity to be abhorrent, or they are Christians who don’t find you personally to be a credible exponent of biblical messaging.

For me personally, as a member of this “community” of 6 or 7 of us, I perceive you to be a proud, thin-skinned cultist who either enjoys the sound of his own pontifications and/or is trying to impress a member of his cult church who is monitoring his posts.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 14:23
    @divegeester
    The handful of people here, “the community” as you have amusingly started calling us, are either atheists who find your version of Christianity to be abhorrent,

And that hand full or even two hands full have that right.
    If some didn't think something like that I would suspect that I am not doing well to speak of these things.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 14:241 edit
    Now, while the handful frown in disapproval, there is something more here.

It is so interesting to compare John 7 and Revelation 22.

Individually, Christ said He as living water would flow out of the believers' innermost being. Eventually this culminates in a city with a throne of that living water flowing out.

This is significant. God's administrates from His throne. He administrates in the church by having the Spirit of Christ flowing through the inner being of ALL in His city. The innermost man is the center of man. And the throne is the center of the holy city.

God wants to reign by supplying life to His redeemed people. It is certainly that the innermost being of all the saved will be the place of the Triune God's throne in the center of the city New Jerusalem.

So we need to get started as soon as possible to get use to Jesus flowing Himself in and through our hearts. In eternity He will govern that paradise population by flowing Jesus through all the people in that eternal city.

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street.

And on this side and on that side if the river was the tree of life,, producing twelve fruits, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1,2)

This is wonderful to some of us, the ones who believe in the Lamb of God, Jesus.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 16:401 edit
    @sonship said
    Individually, Christ said He as living water would flow out of the believers' innermost being.
    Where did he say this?

Nowhere did Christ say “I am living water and I will flow out of believers” NOWHERE.

Stick to the text.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 17:12
    @sonship said

This is wonderful to some of us, the ones who believe in the Lamb of God, Jesus.
    This is wonderful to some, wonderful to the righteous, the keepers of commandments, the preachers of righteousness. Unfortunately for you, you are not one of these. You have failed to spend your time encouraging pthers to keep the commandments of Christ and therefore you are not worthy of enjoying what God has in store for true disciples and the sheep of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree