1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '21 10:215 edits
    This thread is on Jesus "flowing through " people.

Divegeester pointed out that the NT does say Jesus abides in people.
    This is true. But this abiding Jesus is also a moving Jesus. The spontaneity of which this life moves within the receiver is described as a flow.

Romans 8 speaks of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus as having a law. That is a law of its life. The outworking of this innate law of the life of Christ seems like a flow. It seems like a current or flow because the law is so automatic.

It is a liberating current. It is a freedom inducing transmission and so elsewhere that moving is described as a flow.

Here is where Paul speaks of that abiding life as having a law.

"For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death." (Rom. 8;2 RcV)

King James Version would render it like this:

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

It is saying that the divine life in Christ Jesus has a spontaneous and innate characteristic. And He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with the indwelling Lord. So when the mind is set on that joined spirit (with His Spirit) within, His life "flows".

There is plenty of ground in the Bible to speak of Jesus flowing through people.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '21 16:36
    @sonship said
    There is plenty of ground in the Bible to speak of Jesus flowing through people.
    No three isn’t, in fact there is none.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '21 16:524 edits
    "Indeed a King will reign . . . a man will be . . . like streams of water in a dry place." (Isaiah 32:1,2)

We believe that King and that Man is Jesus the Son of God.
    Jesus flows as streams in a dry place. And Jesus reigns as Lord and King.

Now, if you want to claim that you have no such experience of such a Person or matter, that's different. You won't diminish the joy of some of us who experience Christ in this way. And we see ample ground for our experience in the word of God.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '21 17:151 edit
    @sonship said
    "Indeed a King will reign . . . a man will be . . . like streams of water in a dry place." (Isaiah 32:1,2)

Now, if you want to claim that you have no such experience of such a Person or matter, that's different. You won ...[text shortened]... us who experience Christ in this way. And we see ample ground for our experience in the word of God.
    Isaiah made it clear as did all the prophets that those blessings come ONLY to those who keep the commandments.

"If only you had listened to my commands! Then blessings would have flowed for you like a stream that never goes dry. Victory would have come to you like the waves that roll on the shore. (Isaiah 48:18 GNB)

IF you kept the commandments, THEN blessing would flow like a stream that never goes dry. You preach another doctrine. Blessings are not for your type.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 00:131 edit
    @Rajk999

Where in this thread or in any other post did I write -
    "Break the commandments of Christ" ?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 07:471 edit
    @sonship said

Now, if you want to claim that you have no such experience of such a Person or matter, that's different. You won ...[text shortened]... us who experience Christ in this way. And we see ample ground for our experience in the word of God.
    This scripture you are part quoting has absolutely nothing to do with “Jesus flowing through people”, which is why you only part quoted it. Your intellectual dishonestly is astonishing sonship, is it a pride thing?

The scripture is likening the outpouring of his spirit as a stream refreshes parched ground.

God’s spirit is described as being poured out but Jesus does not “flow through people”, he “abides” in people. That is what scripture says.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 12:361 edit
    @divegeester

Would you reflect back over the years. And direct me to any thread in which you wrote rather extensively about Jesus ABIDING in people?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 04:57
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Would you reflect back over the years. And direct me to any thread in which you wrote rather extensively about Jesus ABIDING in people?
    Why?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 12:331 edit
    @divegeester said
    Why?
    Why not?

Can we learn something about the abiding of Jesus Christ in people from you?

"Flowing" has its problems for you. Well where have you spoken much to the matter of Christ abiding in anyone ?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 14:551 edit
    Divegeester,

You say a flowing Jesus is not in the text of the Bible.
    You say an abiding Jesus IS in the text of the Bible.

I assume you have no such experience of any "flowing" Jesus.
    But since an "abiding" Jesus is in the Bible, would you tell us of your
    experience about Jesus abiding in you?

I can speak of either a flowing Jesus or an abiding Jesus.
    But its you that is being asked to write.
    If you have nothing, just admit that you have nothing on Jesus abiding other than you see that in the words of the Bible.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 02:58
    @sonship said
    Why not?

Can we learn something about the abiding of Jesus Christ in people from you?

"Flowing" has its problems for you. Well where have you spoken much to the matter of Christ abiding in anyone ?
    I’m not interested in sharing my personal experiences with the likes of you sonship.

Besides, your request is just a defection.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 03:01
    @sonship said
    Divegeester,

You say a flowing Jesus is not in the text of the Bible.
    You say an abiding Jesus IS in the text of the Bible.

I assume you have no such experience of any "flowing" Jesus.
    But since an "abiding" Jesus is in the Bible, would you tell us of your
    experience about Jesus abiding in you?

I can speak of either a flowing Jesus or an ...[text shortened]... mit that you have nothing on Jesus abiding other than you see that in the words of the Bible.
    The bible only teaches of Jesus abiding, never of Jesus flowing.
    Rivers of living water flow, not Jesus.

It’s just another example of you lifting something you’ve read elsewhere (such as the “Fountain of Blood&rdquo😉 and presenting it here as your own thinking only to get pulled up on it.

Both phrases are error, but I feel “Fountain of Blood” is worse.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '21 17:51
    To those still open to hear about the flowing of God as living water.

The Flow of Life and the Building of God (3) - Truth Series #36

YouTube&ab_channel=UniStudents
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '21 17:54
    @sonship said
    To those still open to hear about the flowing of God as living water.

The Flow of Life and the Building of God (3) - Truth Series #36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofF52CPmHI&ab_channel=UniStudents
    Good to see you posting things that are only found outside of the Bible.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '21 21:372 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Good to see you posting things that are only found outside of the Bible.

There are quite a few things in the bible that you cannot see.
    There is the living God revealed in the bible. But you cannot see that there is God.

So you telling me what is and is not in the bible I have to take with a grain of salt to say the least. What is most obviously there alludes you completely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree