1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 07:15
    @sonship said
    The Lord Jesus Christ in resurrection in His state as the Spirit can come into and flow out from our innermost being.
    So now it suits you, Jesus IS the Holy Spirit??
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 07:17
    @sonship said

The very flowing of Christ within is the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ!
    What kind of utter waffle is this? You love slipping these gems into your posts don’t you.

So Jesus doesn’t actually flow through a person, it’s his “grace” which flows... is that it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:074 edits
    @divegeester
    What kind of utter waffle is this? You love slipping these gems into your posts don’t you.

So Jesus doesn’t actually flow through a person, it’s his “grace” which flows... is that it?

There is the possibility that it is outside of the realm of your experience and therefore sounds like nonsense to you.

Your scoffing could be just your reaction of it sounding all like ill-logical nonsensical talk because you have never had any subjective experience of what the Bible has said about grace.

I have been a Christian for many years. There are still things spoken in the word of God which I cannot understand. I don't scoff at them. I don't mock them as waffle.

I wait until my experience catches up with what the revelation of the Bible has said.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:13
    @sonship said
    There are still things spoken in the word of God which I cannot understand. I don't scoff at them. I don't mock them as waffle.
    Is the "word of God" being mocked as waffle? No, it's some of the words of sonship that are being mocked as waffle. But I see what you did there.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:191 edit
    @divegeester

Second Corinthians 3:17,18 says "the Lord is the Spirit".
    And it also says "the Spirit of the Lord"

I believe the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus.
    And I believe that the Holy Spirit is of the Lord.

I believe Jesus sent the Holy Spirit from the Father -
    "But when the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit . . . who proceeds from the Father . . . " (John 15:26)

And I believe the Father sent the Holy Spirit -
    "But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, . . . " (John 14:26)

And I believe "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:291 edit
    I believe -

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)
    "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Phil. 4:23)

And I also believe -
    "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you." (1 Thess. 5:28)

And I also say a believing "Amen!" to -
    "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen." (Gal. 6:18)

And there are many such passages that together show an equivalency between the Lord Jesus with the human spirit and the grace of the Lord Jesus with the human spirit. This is wonderful that we can actually enjoy Jesus Himself as the GRACE of Christ with us.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:39
    @sonship said

And there are many such passages that together show an equivalency between the Lord Jesus with the human spirit and the grace of the Lord Jesus with the human spirit. This is wonderful that we can actually enjoy Jesus Himself as the GRACE of Christ with us.
    Of what use is all of that knowledge and information about God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, when you advise people that obedience to the commandments of Christ, [which in a nutshell is brotherly love and charitable works] ,is not necessary?

I may be able to speak the languages of human beings and even of angels, but if I have no love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell. I may have the gift of inspired preaching; I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets; I may have all the faith needed to move mountains---but if I have no love, I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-2 GNB)

Your knowledge and preaching is vain and useless.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:13
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Second Corinthians 3:17,18 says "the Lord is the Spirit".
    And it also says "the Spirit of the Lord"

I believe the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus.
    And I believe that the Holy Spirit is of the Lord.

I believe Jesus sent the Holy Spirit from the Father -
    " ...[text shortened]... name, . . . " (John 14:26)

And I believe "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)
    Nowhere does the bible say that a person will “have Jesus flowing through them”.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:381 edit
    @divegeester
    Nowhere does the bible say that a person will “have Jesus flowing through them”.

Jesus "flowing through" people was the thread title of FMF's thread.

I supported the concept. The exact words "Jesus flowing through people" I would not argue are specifically found in the Bible.

But that doesn't mean there is nothing to the expression. And those with faith and experience could well say "Amen, to Jesus flowing through people".

The Spirit flows through believers (John 7:38) -
    " . . . out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water . . . But this He said concerning the Spirit . . ."

And "the Lord [Jesus] is the Spirit" 2 (cor. 3:17)

This amounts virtually to "Jesus flowing through people".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 16:08
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    And "the Lord [Jesus] is the Spirit" 2 (cor. 3:17)
    Virtually flowing?
    Virtually Jesus?
    Virtually made up phrase?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 16:10
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Jesus "flowing through" people was the thread title of FMF's thread.
    I supported the concept. The exact words "Jesus flowing through people" I would not argue are specifically found in the Bible.
    You first coined the phrase way back when.

It is not scripturally supported.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 17:34
    @divegeester

Do you also object to Christ's saying - "out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water" ? Is that too much for you to accept also?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 17:441 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Do you also object to Christ's saying - "out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water" ? Is that too much for you to accept also?
    Christians like yourself do not have a clue what Jesus means by 'living water', primarily because you preach a doctrine that is basically dead water leading to damnation. Here is Jesus's explanation:

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. ... Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:10-14 KJV)

Living water that Jesus provides, leads to everlasting life. This is no mystery but refers to the teachings of Christ which if kept leads to everlasting life in the Kingdom of God.

Your doctrine which is devoid of righteousness and good works is dead water.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 19:314 edits
    @Rajk999

The portion of John which refer to has Jesus telling the thirsty woman to confess her sins BEFORE she can drink of the fountain of living water. More then that, He actually helped her by confessing for her. Jesus confessed with and for the guilt ridden sinful thirsty woman.

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into eternal life".

That's His promise. Then she REQUESTS to drink of this "living water".

The woman said to Him, Sir, give me this water so that I will not thirst nor come here to draw. He said to her, Go, call your husband and come here.

The woman answered and said, I do not have a husband. Jesus said to her, You have well said, I do not have a husband, for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband.; this you have said truly." (John 4:14-18

The sinful woman was guilty of serial unfaithfulness and adultery. Before she could drink of the water Christ offered her as living water He helped her to CONFESS her chronic sinfulness.

This is consistent with the whole Gospel. We must confess our sinfulness and accept that we are guilty before God. Christ can HELP us face our sinful past and condition. He knows and He loves.

Anyway, to receive the flowing of the living Jesus within we first have to acknowledge that we are sinful and that is why we are so without life. Actually, the sinful person sins much just because he is SO unsatisfied and thirsty. That is the essence of this case in John 4.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 21:49
    @sonship said

Is this similar to the Bible virtually speaking about the Trinity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree