1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 12:063 edits
    @caesar-salad
    Yeah, Jesus is more of an Abider.

He is also MOVING. There is an anointing within the believers. This is like the anointing of say Vicks Vapor ointment. There is this moving about of the Holy Spirit kind of rubbing Christ into the believer more and more. See First John 2:20-21,27).

So As He abides He is also moving. And He is as streams of water in a dry place - flowing.

"And a man . . . will be like a refuge from the wind and a covering from the tempest, like streams of water in a dry place, like the shadow of a massive rock in a wasted land." (Isaiah 32:2)

Christ is so much. He has many, many wonderful aspects including His flowing and abiding and anointing and sheltering and refreshing.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 12:33
    @sonship said
    @caesar-salad
    So As He abides He is also moving. And He is as streams of water in a dry place - flowing.
    It’s astonishing and amusing that an atheist understands the nuances of descriptive scripture relating to the dynamics of Christ better than you do.

The is no “MOVING” or specifically “flowing” mentioned in the bible.

Just have the intellectual balls to admit when you’ve made a mistake.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 12:35
    @sonship said
    The flowing Spirit is the Lord Jesus
    There is no mention of this in the bible.

You are making it up.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 12:544 edits
    "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)

This is not "made up" by me.

"But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those who believed into Him were about to receive." (John 7:39)

This also is not "made up" by me.

Under the guise of being scriptural Divegeester is pushing his unbelief in the clear teaching of the New Testament.

I already showed from Romans 8, again not made up by me, that "the Spirit of God" equals "the Spirit of Christ" which equals "Christ".

Divegeester would just say he does not believe this.

Out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of Christ. He can actually be many flows. He can be a river to your emotion. He can be another river to your mind. He can be a stream into your will and a flowing river into your memory. He can flow into your personality a trickle at a time. Day by day the flow of Jesus can strengthen and deepen as you turn more of your heart over to Jesus.

"Jesus flowing" as a phase may not be in the text. But "the Spirit of Christ" interchangeable with "Christ" IS.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 21:01
    @sonship
    TYPO.
    I meant to write "phrase" not "phase".

""Jesus flowing" as a [phrase] may not be in the text. But "the Spirit of Christ" interchangeable with "Christ" IS.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 05:29
    I would like to repeatedly call out and congratulate Caesar Salad for his succinct and bang on target comment noting that “Jesus abides”, he doesn’t “flow.”

The bible says “Christ abides”
    Nowhere does it say “Jesus flows”.

Well done Caesar Salad!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 05:301 edit
    @sonship said
    @sonship
    TYPO.
    I meant to write "phrase" not "phase".

""Jesus flowing" as a [phrase] may not be in the text. But "the Spirit of Christ" interchangeable with "Christ" IS.
    You’re wrong to claim “Jesus flows”

Admit it!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:041 edit
    @divegeester

I admit that "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)

Why you don't, the Lord knows. Perhaps you just never received the Lord.
    I don't know.

"We preach not ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord" (4:5)

I will continue to tell people about the Lord Jesus, the Spirit flowing through people.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:181 edit
    When we call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, it as lifting up the cup of salvation and drinking.

"What shall I return to Jehovah for all His benefits toward me? I will take up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of Jehovah." (Psa. 116:23,24)

Jesus not only flows through the believers.
    The name of Jesus is as "the cup of salvation" by which we can quench our thirsty spirits. "O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus, I THIRST for You Lord. Lord, I THIRST for salvation. Lord Jesus I DRINK of You. I come unto You and DRINK Lord."

Jesus is like the saving beverage of salvation Himself. We can call on His name because He is Jehovah God become a man. And the God-man is now in the Holy Spirit.

How many ways God tries to convey that He is as living, saving water?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:30
    Jesus is not only as "the cup of salvation" He is also the gift of God as eternal life. And this life can be installed in man as a fountain springing up within.

Jesus told the thirsty sinful woman in John 4 -

" . . . If you knew the gift of God and who it is who says to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."" (John 4:10)

The gift of God is eternal through Jesus Christ. Christ says that He is the life.
    "I am the way and the truth and the life." (John 14:6)

This is eternal life to know the triune God -
    "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God; and Him whom You have sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3) .

So the Triune God can be installed into the forgiven sinner as a fountain of life springing up into eternal life.

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into eternal life." (John 4:14)

God - the Father - Son - Holy Spirit would be installed in the believer as the fountain of eternal life spring up from within. From within Jesus gushed up and flows and is to "drink" and wells up within into eternal life.

What a salvation!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:52
    Lol, how long does anyone think I can keep this up?

Bets on a PM please...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:53
    @sonship said

Jesus not only flows through the believers.
    Jesus doesn’t flow through anyone, that is not supported in scripture. You are making it up and pridefully doubling down on it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:55
    @sonship said
    So the Triune God can be installed into the forgiven sinner as a fountain of life springing up into eternal life.
    “Triune” is not a word used to describe god in any translation of the bible. It is a man made adjective.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 09:56
    “Fountain of blood”

Is not a description found anywhere in the bible. It was made up by someone in Sonship’s church.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 13:583 edits
    "In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity." (Zechariah 13:1)

All things considered in the Bible this must refer to the redeeming work of Jesus Christ which is in His blood. Thus the poets down through the Christian church age have referred to a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's vein.

If Divegeester wants to claim that he knows nothing about any fountain of the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ, that is his business.

I wouldn't shrink for a minute from rejoicing in the fountain of Christ's redeeming blood for sin and impurity, of which I was caked, polluted, soiled, stained and sick.

I don't mind sing "There is a fountain filled with blood". I rejoice utterly in such a fountain that I have found. And like the song says I PLUNGE beneath its flow to lose all my guilty stain.

Let the unitarian boast that such poetry of experience betrays the revelation of the Bible. I don't think it does at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree