1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 17:14
    Is the Spirit the life giving Spirit ?

Hint: "It is the Spirit that gives life . . . " ( John 6:63)
    " . . . for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." ( 2 Cor. 3:6b)

Stick to the text now. The Spirit GIVES LIFE.

Need another?
    "And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also GIVE LIFE to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you." (Romans 8:11)

Stick to the text now. The One who raised Christ from the dead will GIVE LIFE through His Spirit (who indwells you). He must indwell you.

So if you do not wish to put two and two together, many of the Christians DO put two and two together. Jesus as the life giving Spirit is the Triune God dispensed into man and giving divine life to people.

So we indeed stick to the text also which tells us that Christ - the last Adam became a divine and eternal life giving Spirit. "[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

So "But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive . . ." (John 7:39a) is about Jesus in His form as the life giving Spirit.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit" writes Paul in 2 Cor. 3:17. So we do stick to the text of the New Testament. We also have revelation, unveiling. And we have experience.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 17:311 edit
    @sonship said

Need another?
    [b]"And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ ...[text shortened]... stick to the text of the New Testament. We also have revelation, unveiling. And we have experience.
    Why did you cut of Jesus's explanation of what he means by " it s the Spirit that gives life", in John 6?

The disciples were confused about that passage and He told them what He meant :

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. (John 6:63 KJV)

The WORDS OF JESUS are spirit and life.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 18:01
    @sonship said

Need another?
    [b]"And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ ...[text shortened]... stick to the text of the New Testament. We also have revelation, unveiling. And we have experience.
    This “Jesus flowing through you” is another one of your “fountain of blood” debacles, where you are just going to double down and brazen it out.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 20:06
    @divegeester said
    This “Jesus flowing through you” is another one of your “fountain of blood” debacles, where you are just going to double down and brazen it out.
    There's no "debacle" at all.
    The "debacle" is a unitarian's wishful daydream.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 20:183 edits
    I fully understand Divegeester's complaint about the song lyrics and expression "a fountain filled with blood".

It has been both bunked and de-bunked. Going over the same debate with the same person is not necessary.

Since Divegeester is a STICKLER for the EXACT text words of the Bible he will now produce the text saying "burnt alive". Watch him try to produce the precise biblical text writing "being burnt alive".

Dive wrote:
    Suppose your particular version of God existed and had unequivocally shown you that all non-believers in him would be tortured in hell for eternity by being burnt alive.

My bolding there.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 20:29
    Stick to the TEXT Divegeester.

Where is the passage about forever "being burnt alive" ?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 21:20
    @sonship said
    Since Divegeester is a STICKLER for the EXACT text words of the Bible he will now produce the text saying "burnt alive". Watch him try to produce the precise biblical text writing "being burnt alive".
    While we wait isn't this an example of God burning people alive:

"And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD." (Leviticus 10).
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 21:49
    @sonship said
    There's no "debacle" at all.
    Your “fountain of blood” error was a debacle for you, yes. Dozens and dozens of posts where you doubled down on your cults teaching. You were and are ostensibly in error.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 21:531 edit
    @sonship said
    I fully understand Divegeester's complaint about the song lyrics and expression "a fountain filled with blood".

It has been both bunked and de-bunked. Going over the same debate with the same person is not necessary.

Since Divegeester is a STICKLER for the EXACT text words of the Bible he will now produce the text saying "burnt alive". Watch him try t ...[text shortened]... im would be tortured in hell for eternity by being burnt alive. [/quote]
    My bolding there.
    Firstly the “fountain of blood” does not appear in the Bible. Neither is it contextually coherent as the Bible talks about blood being “sprinkled”, not a “fountain”.

Secondly there is no “Jesus flowing through you” in the Bible. It is error. The Bible states that “Living waters flow through” believers, not “Jesus”.

Thirdly, being “burnt alive for eternity” is exactly what happens in your interpretation of the Bible. If you can show me, in your doctrine on the subject, how a non Christian is neither burnt, nor alive while it’s happening, or that it doesn’t occur everlastingly.. then please feel free to do so.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:025 edits
    You didn't produce the text as requested - "burnt alive".
    Your "stick to the text" is a selective demand depending on who is talking.

The other thing about fountain filled with blood and sprinkling of the blood I have gone over with you before.
    Run with your belief. I feel quite comfortable with the way I understand it.

No need to repeat the same debate with the same guy.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:06
    @sonship said
    You didn't produce the text as requested - "burnt alive".
    Your "stick to the text" is a selective demand depending on who is talking.

The other thing about fountain filled with blood and sprinkling of the blood I have gone over with you before.
    Run with your belief. I feel quite comfortable with the way I understand it.

No need to repeat the same debate with the same guy.
    Sonship, YOU are the one claiming that the Bible teaches that”Jesus flows though people”, it’s not in the Bible, seriously.

Your version of revelation teaches that non Christians will be burnt alive for eternity. That is what it teaches, right?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 22:13
    I’ll acknowledge this sonship, maybe it’s just semantics.

But you have a habit of picking up non biblical phrases from your church leaders and presenting them as headers for teaching.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 23:271 edit
    When the prophet Isaiah said in Isaiah 32:2 that "a man will be . . . like streams of water in a dry place" I think he was speaking about something subjective, indwelling, intimate, and experiential.

He was speaking of something within the human heart, within the spiritual part of a person's being.

Fast forward to the words of Jesus, to believe in Him would result in having rivers of living water flowing out of one's belly (innermost being). John the writer says Jesus was speaking concerning the Spirit - the Third of the triune God.

Who then is the Spirit flowing out of the believer's being? Who then is the man who is like streams of water in a dry place? It is the Lord Jesus Christ.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 23:281 edit
    If we ask Paul WHO he had in mind when he wrote "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17) the answer would be "the Lord Jesus Christ".

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Cor. 1:2)

" . . . in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1:14)

"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord ..."( 4:5).

Concerning the Spirit is concerning the Lord Jesus Christ AS the Spirit.

The Lord Jesus Christ in resurrection in His state as the Spirit can come into and flow out from our innermost being.

Paul's final word in that epistle is "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (13:14)

The very flowing of Christ within is the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 07:13
    @sonship said
    Who then is the Spirit flowing out of the believer's being? Who then is the man who is like streams of water in a dry place? It is the Lord Jesus Christ.
    But Jesus isn’t the Holy Spirit is he. They are the second and third people in your triune godhead.

If you are arguing that the spirit is the “living water” then you cannot at the same time argue that it is Jesus because, according to your doctrine, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are distinct beings. But you have not yet successfully even positioned the Holy Spirit as being the living waters!

The bible and in fact your trinity doctrine does not support the claim “Jesus is flowing through a man”.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree