Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21
4 edits

@KellyJay

The one intermediate is Jesus, God Himself, why He chooses to use people is a mystery to me too.

God's eternal purpose is to mingle with people.
That is why He created the universe WITH that in His heart beforehand.

"Even as He chose us in Him BEFORE . . . the foundation of the world . . . predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (See Eph. 1:4,5)

The strong implication is that before God created the universe - that is laid "the foundation of the world" He had something in His heart as a a good pleasure He desired. That is to have sons of God.

Based on this good pleasure He marked out a destiny beforehand. And then He created all things, laying the foundation of the world.

This is all about God flowing through, mingling with, being in union with, working together with sons. God sought a harmonious blending with man. The principle of incarnation calls for Him using people to speak His message through.

You know the ultimate expression of this is Jesus Christ the God-man, incarnated, perfect, dying and resurrected to bring all the rest of us who are so predestinated through to sonship.

Because of this - His good pleasure, His eternal purpose and will, all things were created.

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for You have created all things, and because of Your will they were, and were created." (Rev. 4:11)

On the way to sonship God spoke through human vessels who He inspired to write His word.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Dec 21

@sonship said
@KellyJay

The one intermediate is Jesus, God Himself, why He chooses to use people is a mystery to me too.

God's eternal purpose is to mingle with people.
That is why He created the universe WITH that in His heart beforehand.

"Even as He chose us in Him BEFORE . . . the foundation of the world . . . predestinating us unto sonship through Je ...[text shortened]...

On the way to sonship God spoke through human vessels who He inspired to write His word.
'Mingle' and 'God-ized' are not scriptural. The Bible doesn't support the notion that God's eternal purpose is to make you a God.

Your 'strong implications' are just wishful thinking and blasphemous.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Why do so manny of the Christians in this forum find it so difficult to give direct honest answers to direct honest questions?
I don't know. Maybe they're scared.

What do you think?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 21

@josephw said

What do you think?
I think that like you and your other account @secondson, they are casually dishonest and lacking in principle.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
I think that like you and your other account @secondson, they are casually dishonest and lacking in principle.
This is a boring thread, with lots of redundant and boring posts like the one you just made.

Don't you ever tire of saying the same things day in and day out?

I think I'll move to another thread and see if there's anything new being said there.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Dec 21

@josephw said
This is a boring thread, with lots of redundant and boring posts like the one you just made.

Don't you ever tire of saying the same things day in and day out?

I think I'll move to another thread and see if there's anything new being said there.
If you encounter secondson, don't challenge him to a game of chess.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sweet!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Are you against a man playing with himself?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
You and I debated a topic on this public forum for pages and pages.
A debate typically has two people agreeing to disagree on a specific topic all you did was question something I said. I am sure if you wanted to debate me on some topic we can, otherwise you can define debates however you choose and claim victory.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
A debate typically has two people agreeing to disagree on a specific topic all you did was question something I said. I am sure if you wanted to debate me on some topic we can, otherwise you can define debates however you choose and claim victory.
Questioning what others say is the lifeblood of conversations, debates and discussions. You have retreated into a peculiar cul-de-sac.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Well, yes, I daresay that's what the bible tells you.
Yes if we don’t have a source than everything comes from us.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Yes if we don’t have a source than everything comes from us.
That would be a better source.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
That would be a better source.
I don’t think so our truths typically are all on shifting sand, they stand until we have to change them.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
I don’t think so our truths typically are all on shifting sand, they stand until we have to change them.
Yes that's preferable. If our 'truths' couldn't change, we'd still have slavery and women would still be chattels.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Yes that's preferable. If our 'truths' couldn't change, we'd still have slavery and women would still be chattels.
I agree many things need to change with us, and right now, I think the pendulum is moving in the wrong direction, with lawlessness breaking out in so many cities in the states. Out truths change, truth does not; I don't think I was clear. I believe truths to be absolute; they are not like opinions which we can have to get forced to change; they are not like hypotheses which we can have and have to change. If something is true, it is true at all times, everywhere, for everyone. To hold to something authentic, we will find that the more we look at it, the more we confirm its status.