Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If you encounter secondson, don't challenge him to a game of chess.
I would, but I heard he's in prison.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Are you against a man playing with himself?
Drove you crazy didn't it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Why do so manny of the Christians in this forum find it so difficult to give direct honest answers to direct honest questions?
Let us know when you have an honest question.

Moves
30 Dec 21

@josephw said
Let us know when you have an honest question.
I’ve asked you many over the years which you’ve dodged, in a similar what that your reply here is a dodge of the assertion I’m making.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
You can not be wrong if everything you do need only to be approved by you. Not much different then your views on truth by definition you decide what is acceptable or not, anything outside of you must meet your standards, or it’s ignored or meaningless.
No that's not true at all. One doesn't just 'make up' one's own morality.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
No that's not true at all. One doesn't just 'make up' one's own morality.
Really someone else gives it to you?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Really someone else gives it to you?
Perhaps, or perhaps one develops it with experience and understanding of the consequences of one's actions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Perhaps, or perhaps one develops it with experience and understanding of the consequences of one's actions.
If you are figuring it out as you go, are you not the owner? Then hasn’t everything I said true?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Dec 21
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If you are figuring it out as you go, are you not the owner? Then hasn’t everything I said true?
Er... honestly, I don't know, I'm struggling to parse everything you've said. I suspect not though - didn't you say that you based your morality on scripture? Didn't you say that you can't be wrong if you're the owner?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Er... honestly, I don't know, I'm struggling to parse everything you've said. I suspect not though - didn't you say that you based your morality on scripture? Didn't you say that you can't be wrong if you're the owner?
I can’t be wrong as far as I’m concerned if I make it up as I go, and am sole source of all truth.

Even that doesn’t let me off the hook with scripture because I acknowledge the standard I know I can’t live up to on my own.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
I can’t be wrong as far as I’m concerned if I make it up as I go, and am sole source of all truth.

Even that doesn’t let me off the hook with scripture because I acknowledge the standard I know I can’t live up to on my own.
You don't 'make it up' though. You learn it. From where do you get this idea that if there's no god, then everyone is free to choose their own morality? It's a nonsensical false dichotomy. We all, or at least, the sane ones among us, develop a conscience as we grow and mature.

Scripture is entirely unnecessary, although I can offer pointers I'll grant you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Dec 21

@divegeester said
I’ve asked you many over the years which you’ve dodged, in a similar what that your reply here is a dodge of the assertion I’m making.
Like the way you just dodged asking an honest question?

Like one without an ulterior motive.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Is the assertion you're making by asking why Christians can't answer an honest question an honest assertion?

Or are you merely trying to say the Christians posting in this forum are just liars?

Get my assertion?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
You don't 'make it up' though. You learn it. From where do you get this idea that if there's no god, then everyone is free to choose their own morality? It's a nonsensical false dichotomy. We all, or at least, the sane ones among us, develop a conscience as we grow and mature.

Scripture is entirely unnecessary, although I can offer pointers I'll grant you.
We are the same species what is true is going to be true for both of us. I am not a better or worse human being because of scripture that is simply something outside of me that I look at to get my bearings my plumb line or level. So with it I have a clue which end is up, I am still figuring it out no differently than you.

Without any means of telling how to judge, how to look at things it’s like our feet are planted in empty space versus solid ground.

If nothing is overreaching covering all of us as far as values go then refining isn’t a term I would use to describe our lives and morality.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
We are the same species
I agree up to this point.