Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
None that I'm aware of, outside of no one makes it out of this life, alive.
That everyone dies is arguably the quintessential dog bites man story.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
You have stated you don’t know the whole story concerning our lives and the universe we find ourselves in. You seem to have zero concern about the mystery and if you are wrong about the beginning, it could put yourself in a place unexpected and precarious.
To your way of thinking, KellyJay, how should avalanchethecat demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"? You claim he has "zero concern"; what do you mean by that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
To your way of thinking, KellyJay, how should avalanchethecat demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"? You claim he has "zero concern"; what do you mean by that?
I expect nothing from avalanchethecat to demonstrate anything; he has nothing to prove. I'm merely pointing out that reality is the whole, and as such, when we look around and ponder this and that, what isn't clear, what is behind the veil as it were, the mystery, is much larger than all that we think we know.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
Only as recently as page 54, you said, with regard to your observations about the universe: "Connecting what we see with scripture cannot be done, just on what we see in the natural universe" but here you are, a few pages later, suggesting that ancient Hebrew mythology and its Christian offshoot tell "the whole story".
Your mind works in strange ways.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Your mind works in strange ways.
Dodge noted.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
I expect nothing from avalanchethecat to demonstrate anything; he has nothing to prove. I'm merely pointing out that reality is the whole, and as such, when we look around and ponder this and that, what isn't clear, what is behind the veil as it were, the mystery, is much larger than all that we think we know.
Another dodge. I did not ask you what you "expect" avalanchethecat to do.

I asked this: how should avalanchethecat demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"?

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
You have stated you don’t know the whole story concerning our lives and the universe we find ourselves in. You seem to have zero concern about the mystery and if you are wrong about the beginning, it could put yourself in a place unexpected and precarious.
You said the above to avalanchethecat.

If he joined your religion, would he, by doing that, demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
Another dodge. I did not ask you what you "expect" avalanchethecat to do.

I asked this: how should avalanchethecat demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"?
You want to talk about another poster and my thoughts about him, I decline, consider that another dodge, you can note it and everything.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
You said the above to avalanchethecat.

If he joined your religion, would he, by doing that, demonstrate what you call "concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in"?
You really are reaching

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
You want to talk about another poster and my thoughts about him, I decline, consider that another dodge, you can note it and everything.
I am asking you about what you said to him in public on this thread. I am asking you what "zero concern" about the universe means ~ to your way of thinking ~ when you make an assertion like that in a discussion like this on a topic like this.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
You really are reaching
The more bang on target a comment or question is in response to something you have said, the more likely you are to evade it. The degree to which you so often don't want to take responsibility for what you post is baffling. Far from "reaching", I am trying to get you to define exactly what you mean by "zero... concern about the mystery" of "our lives and the universe we find ourselves in".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
I am asking you about what you said to him in public on this thread. I am asking you what "zero concern" about the universe means ~ to your way of thinking ~ when you make an assertion like that in a discussion like this on a topic like this.
I suggest you go back and read the thread from the beginning, and maybe you can figure it out; if not, consider it just another mystery.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
I suggest you go back and read the thread from the beginning, and maybe you can figure it out; if not, consider it just another mystery.
Don't run away.

You used the term "zero concern".

Don't run away from the fact you used it and now can't define it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
Don't run away.

You used the term "zero concern".

Don't run away from the fact you used it and now can't define it.
I believe that is self-evident, with zero concerns, simply another way to say no concerns about what one doesn't know. Do you think there was some hidden meaning or something beyond that?

F

Moves
29 Dec 21
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I believe that is self-evident, with zero concerns, simply another way to say no concerns about what one doesn't know.
But he hasn't said he has zero concerns about the mysteries of the universe. Indeed, he seems more curious and informed about the mysteries of the universe than you are. It is you who has characterized him as having "zero concerns".