1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 04:05
    The notion that someone can be culpable - and therefore deserve punishment - for not believing claims that others make about supernatural beings and phenomena is morally incoherent.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 06:262 edits
    A. My god loves you and died for you.

B. I don’t believe in supernatural beings.

A. My god will burn you alive for eternity if you don’t believe in him.

B. That doesn’t seem very fair seeing as your god is nowhere to be seen or heard.

A. I’m telling you that he exists and that it’s perfect justice.

B. Now I really don’t believe in your supernatural being; you’re making it worse.

A. God loves you.

B. What you’ve told me about your god doesn’t sound like love to me.

A. The truth is the truth wether we like it or not.

B. How do I even know what you just said is the truth.

A. Because it’s scripture.

B. What about other “scripture” in other religions which don’t describe a loving god who will burn me alive forever if I don’t believe in him?

A. Only the Bible is truth.

B. How do you know?

A. God has shown me.

B. This chap over here says god has shown him something different to what your God has shown you and it doesn’t involve being burnt alive forever.

A. Did his god died for you?

B. I have no idea, but he certainly isn’t going to burn me alive forever if I don’t believe he exists.

A. Well, we each make our choices and if you choose not to believe in my god he will burn you alive forever.

B. But I don’t “choose” to not believe in him, I just can’t choose to believe in something which sounds unbelievable and morally incoherent.

A. Who are we to judge what is morally right or wrong?

B. I’m me. And I find it impossible to believe your version of god.

A. Then you will die in your sins and be burnt alive for eternity.

B. Okay. Thanks for sharing your belief system, goodbye.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 06:42
    https://becomingchristians.com/2017/08/21/5-surprising-biblical-proofs-that-god-will-not-burn-people-forever-in-hell/
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 06:49
    @plantermoo said
    https://becomingchristians.com/2017/08/21/5-surprising-biblical-proofs-that-god-will-not-burn-people-forever-in-hell/
    Any thoughts on the OP?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 06:52
    @plantermoo said
    Kellyjay, sonship, Josephw (well we’re not sure about Jospehw as he tends to flip-flop when pressed), dozens of other “Christians” on this site over the years and millions around the world, believe in and propagate the doctrine of eternal suffering.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 07:37
    @fmf said
    Any thoughts on the OP?
    Yeah, can we just forget about this "burning alive for eternity" business?

You don't believe it, others don't believe it, I don't believe it; can't we just get past it like it wasn't a thing? Why do you let it get your panties in a twist?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 08:14
    @suzianne said
    If you want to start a thread on annihilationism, feel free to do so.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 08:22
    @suzianne said
    You don't believe it, others don't believe it, I don't believe it; can't we just get past it like it wasn't a thing? Why do you let it get your panties in a twist?
    Why do you let it get your panties in a twist?

I don’t. So, do you have any comment on the supposed culpability that is attached to a lack of belief?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 09:35
    @suzianne said
    You don't believe it, others don't believe it, I don't believe it; can't we just get past it like it wasn't a thing?
    It’s a deeply established and current mainstream doctrine of the Christian church which brings the values and nature of god into disrepute.

Why should it be discussed?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 09:39
    @plantermoo said
    I wonder what KellyJay has to say about the 5 proofs contained in this article.

Nothing probably.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 12:14
    @divegeester said
    It’s a deeply established and current mainstream doctrine of the Christian church which brings the values and nature of god into disrepute.

Why should it be discussed?
    Why don’t you promote or start a thread on annihilationism then?

Your obsession with writing that God “burns people alive for eternity” over and over and over again leads one to believe you’re not interested in discussion on the subject but in driving people away from God and the salvation found in Christ.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 12:29
    @plantermoo said
    Your obsession with writing that God “burns people alive for eternity” over and over and over again leads one to believe you’re not interested in discussion on the subject but in driving people away from God and the salvation found in Christ.
    The belief that the Christian God “burns people alive for eternity” is mainstream and widespread and deeply internalized throughout Christianity and has been for centuries in almost every corner of the globe.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 12:39
    @fmf said
    The belief that the Christian God “burns people alive for eternity” is mainstream and widespread and deeply internalized throughout Christianity and has been for centuries in almost every corner of the globe.
    That doesn’t answer my question as to why divegeester doesn’t promote or start a thread on annihilationism instead of obsessively and repetitively writing that God “burns people alive for eternity.” He’s clearly, imo, trying to drive people away from God and the salvation found in Christ.

And Christianity is based on the Bible not what people believe.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 12:40
    @plantermoo said
    Why don’t you promote or start a thread on annihilationism then?
    I’m not interested in it.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 12:411 edit
    @plantermoo said
    Your obsession with writing that God “burns people alive for eternity” over and over and over again
    How do you know what I’ve talked about over and over again, you’ve only been here a week…

Right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree