Do your wives call you

Do your wives call you "Lord"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Mar 21

@fmf said
Your stance has always been clear and coherent. Meanwhile, I have merely asked Suzianne to be clear about how she reasons that it is not "sinful". She almost always frames my question as a "personal attack" and yet I have been totally clear that I don't think there is anything morally unsound about homosexuality, in and of itself.
Then she has a guilty conscience about the issue because she know the bible stance on the matter, and she appears to be in a relationship with a woman. Many people find themselves in that situation. Its hard.

If Christian cannot speak clearly about what is right and wrong according to the bible [because they are involved with some kind of sin], then they should simply back away from speaking about it and let God be the judge of their lifestyle. Talking openly to others and behaving like Susainne is just stupid.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 21

@fmf said
"Partner" is a word whose meaning can be easy to leave unpindownable.

I am interested in the purportedly [alternative] Christian belief that homosexuality is not "sinful". while not being interested in anyone's sexuality or living arrangements.
Here’s the exchange in which I was referring to her own prior revelation of her lover recently leaving her.

Thread 188613 page 5, 3rd post.

Where she calls me a “cretin” for assuming the person was male.

F

Moves
31 Mar 21

@divegeester said
Where she calls me a “cretin” for assuming the person was male.
She can't have called you a "cretin" because she is implacably opposed to personal attacks and insults and has been browbeating fellow posters across the forums for over a decade, even when no personal attacks and insults have been involved.

D

Moves
31 Mar 21

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Ok.

So which university was it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Mar 21

@fmf said
She can't have called you a "cretin" because she is implacably opposed to personal attacks and insults and has been browbeating fellow posters across the forums for over a decade, even when no personal attacks and insults have been involved.
She is indeed opposed to personal attacks, but only those posters whom she disapproves of, and are attacking other posters whom she does approve of.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
31 Mar 21

@rajk999 said
They are both sins according to the bible. However my personal moral values will tell me to have nothing to do with the rapist and converse normally with the homosexual couple. In terms of Sodom and Gomorrah that makes no difference.
Well, in that case, let me remark that your personal moral code makes more sense to me than that of your Bible.

That's one problem I have with the concept of 'sin' - it implies all wrongs are equally bad. In reality, some wrongs are (much) worse than others.

F

Moves
31 Mar 21

@bigdoggproblem said
That's one problem I have with the concept of 'sin' - it implies all wrongs are equally bad. In reality, some wrongs are (much) worse than others.
This reminds me of a poster called dj2becker who once insisted ~ on this forum ~ that 'getting angry with your brother' and 'murdering 6,000,000 Jews' were EQUALLY as "evil" as each other, and that both "wrongs are equally bad". He stuck with this assertion across many different discussions for about 18 months before quietly distancing himself from it with a few weaselly words in the middle of a long post.

D

Moves
31 Mar 21

F

Moves
31 Mar 21

Yes, and bears poo in the woods and the pope is a Catholic.

If you are going to copy-paste something from Wikipedia, why not a Christian theological argument that contends that homosexual sex is not "sinful".

Listing the Church of Scotland, the Church of England, the Church in Wales, the Church of Sweden, the Church of Norway, the Church of Denmark, the Church of Iceland, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, the Evangelical Church in Germany, the Methodist Church in Britain, the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, the United Protestant Church in Belgium, the Swiss Reformed Church, the United Protestant Church of France, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, Anglican Church in Canada, the Old Catholic Church, the Czechoslovak Hussite Church and the United Church of Christ in Japan as churches that have ordained openly lesbian or gay clergy, is - at best - an argument ad populam or perhaps an appeal to authority.

If you are going to cite the Church of Scotland, the Church of England, the Church in Wales, the Church of Sweden, the Church of Norway, the Church of Denmark, the Church of Iceland, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, the Evangelical Church in Germany, the Methodist Church in Britain, the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, the United Protestant Church in Belgium, the Swiss Reformed Church, the United Protestant Church of France, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, Anglican Church in Canada, the Old Catholic Church, the Czechoslovak Hussite Church and the United Church of Christ in Japan as being churches that have ordained openly lesbian or gay clergy, in order to further the discussion, you should perhaps lay out a theological argument that one or more of them use to contend that homosexual sex is not "sinful".

Just an idea.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Mar 21

Being openly sinful is not a virtue and they will be called on to account one day.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Mar 21

You forgot my church, the Episcopal Church of America.

Just yesterday, Presiding Bishop Michael Curry said this:

"Deep in my heart I believe that as a church we are called, as Jesus once said, to be “a house of prayer for all people,” where, as my slave ancestors used to sing, “there is plenty good room for all of God’s children.”

That conviction is not based on a social theory or capitulation to the ways of the culture. Rather, it is born of my belief that the outstretched arms of Jesus on the cross are the ultimate sign of the very love of God reaching out to embrace and welcome us all.

To believe that is to commit to God’s work of creating what some have called the beloved community. It is to pray not only with our lips but with our lives, as Jesus taught when he said, “thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”

But the way is not easy. The road can be rough. This path is not painless. The work of love is hard, but it is both the hard work of healing and the harbinger of hope.

This is the way of the cross, and this week called Holy is a solemn reminder that the way of the cross is the way of life, the very road to resurrection."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Mar 21

@bigdoggproblem said
Well, in that case, let me remark that your personal moral code makes more sense to me than that of your Bible.

The only thing I can say to that is I believe that God is going to be more lenient to sin of homosexuality than other kinds of sins. Simple proof of that is the teachings of Christ who mentioned the sin of greed, selfishness many times and never once homosexuality.

D

Moves
31 Mar 21

D

Moves
31 Mar 21