Who started

Who started "spanky"?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
13 Mar 21
2 edits

"Take it to [insert proper forum] Spanky."

Which poster started that? It seems this phrase caught on.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 21

@vivify said
"Move it to [insert proper forum] Spanky."

That's so far back in the annals of RHP lore that I don't remember who first said it, but it has been around as long as I can remember. It did take off quickly and was copied by many right off the bat, though. It was already RHP history when I got here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 21

@vivify said
"Move it to [insert proper forum] Spanky."

Further reading in Thread 127193

F

Moves
13 Mar 21

It is probably derived from "Go spank your monkey, mate!" More graphic and immediately understandable than the cockney "You're a merchant banker, mate!" whilst still being genteel and tastefully euphemistic.

F

Moves
13 Mar 21

Don't be such a spanker!

Arise from your spanking chariot and get a job!

Wrong forum, spanky!

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
13 Mar 21
1 edit

@fmf said
It is probably derived from "Go spank your monkey, mate!" More graphic and immediately understandable than the cockney "You're a merchant banker, mate!" whilst still being genteel and tastefully euphemistic.
Spanking the Monkey
Spanking the Monkey is another term for masturbating, otherwise known as beating your meat, slapping the ham, tugging the tiger, jerkin the gerkin, or stroking the sausage.

urbandictionary.com

I had no idea πŸ™‚

F

Moves
13 Mar 21

@drewnogal said
Spanking the Monkey is another term for masturbating, otherwise known as beating your meat, slapping the ham, tugging the tiger, jerkin the gerkin, or stroking the sausage.
Oh, dear. I find the word "masturbating" to be altogether too biological. "Stroking the sausage", in the other hand [or fist], seems more poetic.

SRB

Moves
13 Mar 21

@drewnogal said
Spanking the Monkey

urbandictionary.com

I had no idea πŸ™‚
The lyrics to 'I Got The Six' by ZZ Top give a big clue. I seem to remember that getting played at the time on stations that seemed to rule out a lot of things so seemingly its an expression that hides in plain sight.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 21

@drewnogal said
Spanking the Monkey

urbandictionary.com

I had no idea πŸ™‚
I love it when you talk dirty

Moves
13 Mar 21

@drewnogal said
Spanking the Monkey

urbandictionary.com

I had no idea πŸ™‚
😠 That's my lunch ruined.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 21

@divegeester said
Further reading in Thread 127193
That thread was a "who's who" of that time period.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 21
1 edit

@drewnogal said
Spanking the Monkey

urbandictionary.com

I had no idea πŸ™‚
Lol!

The finishing "I had no idea" totally makes that post.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 21

@relentless-red said
The lyrics to 'I Got The Six' by ZZ Top give a big clue. I seem to remember that getting played at the time on stations that seemed to rule out a lot of things so seemingly its an expression that hides in plain sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlx_Kq8qe0
Best ZZTop album ever.

Alekhine's Gun

πŸ€” Bolton

Moves
13 Mar 21

@FMF
Or indeed a North England term of phrase: "Time duyu call this?!!, "You been havin an 'Ham Shank'?" Ham - as in meat, Shank (collocal) kill off, eat etcπŸ€”πŸ‘πŸš¬

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Mar 21

As this is a chess site I prefer 'bashing the Bishop'.