1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 02:17
    @rajk999 said
    You need to pray and ask God for understanding and read over the writings of Paul, who says exactly what Im saying. Your problem is that you people cherry pick a couple verses and beat it like a dead horse and swallow the nonsense church doctrines.

Paul explains the whole process of the Christian life in great detail. Please take your time and read it.

Here is the whol ...[text shortened]... o not preach what Paul said. If they did the churches would be empty as well as their bank accounts.
    Where is the reference to scripture?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 02:30
    @dj2becker said
    Where is the reference to scripture?
    Where is yours
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 04:02
    @rajk999 said
    Where is yours
    It’s common sense, those that are saved can loose their salvation, in which case they are no longer saved but lost! You can’t be saved and lost at the same time. Come on Rajk use some common sense for once.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:411 edit
    @dj2becker said
    It’s common sense, those that are saved can loose their salvation, in which case they are no longer saved but lost! You can’t be saved and lost at the same time. Come on Rajk use some common sense for once.
    Christ saves and has saved many believers and those who profess their faith. They are SAVED by faith. But according to Paul they must live a certain lifestyle as prescribed by Christ. I never said that they are saved and lost at the same time.

The saved dont become unsaved. The saved become lost. That is correct. It would be more accurate to say that they WERE SAVED and are now lost. The point is not all the saved will enter the Kingdom of God. I cannot see how you can ignore this basic teaching of Paul and the Apostles.

Faith YES. Faith saves. The Grace of God is to save as many as possible, not because of works but because God loves the world and sent his Son to die for the sins of mankind. That is the saving grace of God. That is not the end. That just opens the door to eternal life. Before the death of Christ that door was closed. Thereafter there is WORK to be done, before the faithful or anyone can enter the Kingdom of God.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 09:55
    @rajk999 said
    Christ saves and has saved many believers and those who profess their faith. They are SAVED by faith. But according to Paul they must live a certain lifestyle as prescribed by Christ. I never said that they are saved and lost at the same time.

The saved dont become unsaved. The saved become lost. That is correct.

It would be more accurate to say that they WERE SAVED and ...[text shortened]... ed. Thereafter there is WORK to be done, before the faithful or anyone can enter the Kingdom of God.
    It seems you have a communication problem. What I think you mean to say is that the LOST do not inherit eternal life. You are contracting yourself. The lost aren’t still saved they are lost.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:041 edit
    @dj2becker said
    It seems you have a communication problem. What I think you mean to say is that the LOST do not inherit eternal life. You are contracting yourself. The lost aren’t still saved they are lost.
    So the question now becomes - do you agree with Paul when he addresses Christian Saints in Christ, the born again with the Holy Spirit, when he tells them that they will not inherit the Kingdom of God if they continue to live in sin.

Paul is addressing the SAVED SAINTS. THESE ARE NOT THE LOST.

Nowhere did Paul say that they are LOST. Paul calls them Saints.
    Of course after Christ returns THEY WILL BE LOST.
    They are still ONCE SAVED
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:132 edits
    @rajk999 said
    So the question now becomes - do you agree with Paul when he addresses Christian Saints in Christ, the born again with the Holy Spirit, when he tells them that they will not inherit the Kingdom of God if they continue to live in sin.

Paul is addressing the SAVED SAINTS. THESE ARE NOT THE LOST.

Nowhere did Paul say that they are LOST. Paul calls them Saints.
    Of course after Christ returns THEY WILL BE LOST.
    They are still ONCE SAVED
    Paul addresses the saved Christian saints at Ephesus:

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

I can find similar passages in Galatians and Corinthians

These are CHILDREN OF GOD
    These are CHRISTIAN SAINTS
    These are NOT THE LOST.

If they live in sin they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Similar passages exist throughout Pauls writings
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:17
    @rajk999 said
    Paul addresses the saved Christian saints at Ephesus:

[i]Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; ...[text shortened]... in sin they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Similar passages exist throughout Pauls writings
    No one here is disputing we are to follow the Lord and His teaching.
    We are to live our lives in Christ.
    Anything outside of Christ it doesn't matter what you do.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 20:05
    @rajk999 said

The saved dont become unsaved. The saved become lost. That is correct. It would be more accurate to say that[b] they WERE SAVED an ...[text shortened]... ed. Thereafter there is WORK to be done, before the faithful or anyone can enter the Kingdom of God.
    Can you live any lifestyle outside of Christ?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 20:11
    @kellyjay said
    Can you live any lifestyle outside of Christ?
    Ask and answered.
    Please refer to previous posts
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:04
    @rajk999 said
    Ask and answered.
    Please refer to previous posts
    I'm asking you a specific question, you give one of the most vague responses anyone could possibly give. Refer to previous posts, really which previous posts, on what pages, in this OP or another one? Why bother saying anything if you cannot or will not answer?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:05

Removed by poster

13. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:11
    @kellyjay said
    I'm asking you a specific question, you give one of the most vague responses anyone could possibly give. Refer to previous posts, really which previous posts, on what pages, in this OP or another one? Why bother saying anything if you cannot or will not answer?
    You are either on drugs or you have alzheimers. You need help
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:33
    @rajk999 said
    You are either on drugs or you have alzheimers. You need help
    Your pattern, again when confronted with a question you don't want, or cannot answer you attack the questioner. Nothing new here.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree