1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:082 edits
    @Duchess64
    On a side-note, I have wondered if Putin stands behind anti-gay measures partly to placate the Muslim members of the federation as well as majority-Muslim countries on the Russian border (and also those farther away, for diplomatic and business reasons; not much comfort to the gay people getting beat up in Russia). Or maybe most of the Russians are just retrograde jackasses like some of the nationalists in eastern Europe.

Speaking as someone who grew up gay in America in the times that I did, I wonder if the influx of Hispanics and Muslims here will lead to some reversion to a more repressive atmosphere for non-heterocarnal/full-spectrum people, for political reasons. Those damn politicians do like to play us off each other on the way to 51%.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:225 edits
    @rajk999 said
    You need to pray and ask God for understanding and read over the writings of Paul, who says exactly what Im saying. Your problem is that you people cherry pick a couple verses and beat it like a dead horse and swallow the nonsense church doctrines.

Paul explains the whole process of the Christian life in great detail. Please take your time and read it.
    May I ask if you have had the change of mind (metanoia) that Paul mentions, i.e., the exchange of one's local sarxy mind -- which results from a confluence of material, genetic, and cultural influences -- for the Greater Mind, or even just a little mixing of both?

Let's keep in mind, especially in light of the Hubble images, that we are not just talking about the God of the Jews, or the God of humans, but the God of all the Cosmos and of all the varieties of beings it contains. So I think we need to keep looking past our human, sarxy, parochial (local) assumptions and not get too fixated on Holy Scriptures of Earth.

Maybe a better way to look at Paul's writings is as trip reports of his time and place, according to his best understanding at the time.

Holy Scripture might be more of a map and a guide -- but you have to put the map aside to actually see the view. Holy Scripture might be more of a trellis, but the trellis is not the rose, nor the Garden in which it grows.

Best wishes,
    CS
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:31
    @caesar-salad said
    May I ask if you have had the change of mind (metanoia) that Paul mentions, i.e., the exchange of one's local sarxy mind -- which results from a confluence of material, genetic, and cultural influences -- for the Greater Mind, or even just a little mixing of both?

Let's keep in mind, especially in light of the Hubble images, that we are not just talking about the God ...[text shortened]... of a trellis, but the trellis is not the rose, nor the Garden in which it grows.

Best wishes,
    CS
    Holy Scriptures of earth?
    You aware of others from elsewhere?
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:381 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Holy Scriptures of earth?
    You aware of others from elsewhere?
    Given my view of God and how He might grow his Garden and its various sprouts, including stars and planets and their lifeforms, I think it is more likely than not.

Wouldn't it be great to meet other species from afar and compare notes on spiritual matters?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:01
    @caesar-salad said
    Given my view of God and how He might grow his garden and its various sprouts, including stars and planets and their lifeforms, I think it is more likely than not.

Wouldn't it be great to meet other species from afar and compare notes on spiritual matters?
    Actually I think God is to incredible to be so small to be a local god of some planet or of a piece of the universe no matter how large or small. I believe that the universe can not contain God, not only that, He is all powerful and all knowing. So not a single particular no matter how small or large, God knows all about each piece totally. So where it all was, is, and will be is known by God.

So God who created the universe did so for a reason to do something. What would a God like that want to make? If He has no limitations, yet He doing something. So what He is doing and why, we are given hints in scripture!
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:201 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Act locally, think globally (after the feedback comes in). 😉 Maybe that's good news. Maybe Brunei does have to play a balancing game between traditions and practicalities and realizes there may be a price to pay.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 04:54
    @rajk999 said
    So the question now becomes - do you agree with Paul when he addresses Christian Saints in Christ, the born again with the Holy Spirit, when he tells them that they will not inherit the Kingdom of God if they continue to live in sin.

Paul is addressing the SAVED SAINTS. THESE ARE NOT THE LOST.

Nowhere did Paul say that they are LOST. Paul calls them Saints.
    Of course after Christ returns THEY WILL BE LOST.
    They are still ONCE SAVED
    This is where your doctrine is flawed.

Galatians 5:16
    Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..

Those that live in sin do not have the Holy Spirit. Those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not saved.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 07:15
    The One behind the scenes speaks in a grander and more comprehensive language than any of ours on Earth.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:091 edit
    @dj2becker said
    This is where your doctrine is flawed.

Galatians 5:16
    Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..

Those that live in sin do not have the Holy Spirit. Those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not saved.
    Paul here addresses the Christian Saints at the church of Galatia, so they would all be baptised Christians. Anyway, these matters are stated many times in the writings of Jesus and the Apostles. So if it is that one is unclear or subject to misinterpretation then the others will assist with proper understanding. Here are a couple to help you along:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    (2 Peter 2:20 KJV)

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    (Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

These passages explain what happens to Christian Saints, who have the Holy Spirit, who have gone astray and continued with a life of sin.

You can accept the teachings of the Apostles or you can return to your church vomit.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 Peter 2:21-22 KJV)

I suspect the church vomit is your choice because you know of these passages and you know the truth, but you still rather promote the false doctrine of the church. You therefore have no excuse.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 12:18
    @rajk999 said
    Paul here addresses the Christian Saints at the church of Galatia, so they would all be baptised Christians. Anyway, these matters are stated many times in the writings of Jesus and the Apostles. So if it is that one is unclear or subject to misinterpretation then the others will assist with proper understanding. Here are a couple to help you along:

[i]For it is impossibl ...[text shortened]... truth, but you still rather promote the false doctrine of the church. You therefore have no excuse.
    You can’t seem to fathom that that those who were once saved and fall away are no longer saved but lost? Is that it?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 12:31
    @dj2becker said
    You can’t seem to fathom that that those who were once saved and fall away are no longer saved but lost? Is that it?
    My mind is blocked to your church nonsense. I see no such statement in the bible. You keep ignoring the bible and keep telling me what your pastor says.

There is no such thing as once saved, unsaved, unborn.

Paul addresses SAVED, CHRISTIAN SAINTS WHO HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
    He tells that they will not inherit the kingdom of God if they continue to sin.

Christ did SAVE these people. They are saved.
    They continued to sin and they will be cast out.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:05
    @rajk999 said
    My mind is blocked to your church nonsense. I see no such statement in the bible. You keep ignoring the bible and keep telling me what your pastor says.

There is no such thing as once saved, unsaved, unborn.

Paul addresses SAVED, CHRISTIAN SAINTS WHO HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
    He tells that they will not inherit the kingdom of God if they continue to sin.

Christ did SAVE these people. They are saved.
    They continued to sin and they will be cast out.
    So you’re telling me a ‘saved person’ that ‘falls away’ and looses their salvation is still saved? Sorry that makes no sense. You’re just stubbornly clutching at straws. Do you believe in OSAS?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:151 edit
    @dj2becker said
    So you’re telling me a ‘saved person’ that ‘falls away’ and looses their salvation is still saved? Sorry that makes no sense. You’re just stubbornly clutching at straws. Do you believe in OSAS?
    Im not interested in getting into a discussion about what is not in the bible. The bible states the following clearly:

Paul and the Apostles - That saved born-again Christian Saints, who fall away, continue with a life of sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. They will be destroyed.

Jesus Christ - In Revelation said to the 7 churches only those who overcome, will enter the Kingdom of God.

You can continue with your semantics about who was saved, who was never saved, who is unsaved, who was unborn etc etc. Im not interested ... that is the preoccupation of the church.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 14:53
    @rajk999 said
    Im not interested in getting into a discussion about what is not in the bible. The bible states the following clearly:

Paul and the Apostles - That saved born-again Christian Saints, who fall away, continue with a life of sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. They will be destroyed.

Jesus Christ - In Revelation said to the 7 churches only those who overcome, will e ...[text shortened]... is unsaved, who was unborn etc etc. Im not interested ... that is the preoccupation of the church.
    Now that you’re cornered you’re suddenly not interested in discussing something that you have been discussing for the last 5 odd pages? Lol.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 15:11
    @dj2becker said
    Now that you’re cornered you’re suddenly not interested in discussing something that you have been discussing for the last 5 odd pages? Lol.
    There is no point in a bible reader discussing matters with a church mouse. You continue to regurgitate church doctrine and I continue to tell you what the bible says. We have nothing in common.

Again Paul says nothing about evil sinful Christians being unsaved, not saved. That is your church foolishness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree