Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
06 Jun 23

@athousandyoung said
Here are a couple videos of queers with moustaches who I like but they don't wear dresses:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/status-update-1.3997514/how-to-speak-uncomfortable-truths-to-the-canadian-status-quo-1.3997651
[youtube JJ McCollough Being Gay]tNO93XRikXw[/youtube]
[youtube Matteo Lane Homphobic Audience]2o2vL1ItF5o[/youtube]
I ain't thinkin about clicking on slime....Someone may be watching.
I'm sure you are all right, no hard feelings. Anyway, the banter has become very boring. I am going somewhere cool and will not be bantering. It sort of hit me, with a whole month to celebrate the queer world, for whom soldiers died, but one day each for July 4 and Memorial Day. Do you sort of see how I KNOW that you fellers will win?
So I will post something of interest occasionally, starting tonite, but won't have a need to comment, when its truth is slam-dunk.
Cheers, enjoy SHouse and the crowd.

w

Moves
06 Jun 23

@averagejoe1 said
If it is the subject? Then how does one converse about a subject?
It is not the subject, unless it's the reason why you're boycotting. Of course then we come to the tricky clarification of why you are boycotting target because of a word you can't define?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Jun 23
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
So some fascist pig homophobe rednecks have stopped shopping at Target because they sell pride T-shirts 🤷🏻‍♂️
I still do not believe that them fascist pig homophobe rednecks were plowing $10 billion net into Target in the first place.
Is that $10 billion lost due to the drop in sales or the stock value falling off?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Jun 23

@averagejoe1 said
I ain't thinkin about clicking on slime....Someone may be watching.
I'm sure you are all right, no hard feelings. Anyway, the banter has become very boring. I am going somewhere cool and will not be bantering. It sort of hit me, with a whole month to celebrate the queer world, for whom soldiers died, but one day each for July 4 and Memorial Day. Do you sort of ...[text shortened]... ut won't have a need to comment, when its truth is slam-dunk.
Cheers, enjoy SHouse and the crowd.
“ Someone may be watching. ” 👀
Psst it’s ok Joe you can come out of the closet son, we accept you for who you are.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Jun 23
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
Is that $10 billion lost due to the drop in sales or the stock value falling off?
Wow then because stocks rise and fall all the time, so sensational BS headline as suspected.
I knew them homophobic pigs and sows had that kind of dosh, a welfare cheque only goes so far.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Jun 23

@athousandyoung said
I'm seeing trannies and bisexuals in commercials from all kinds of companies. I guess someone in the marketing research world thinks these ads are a good investment. I just saw an ad with some black guy with fingernail polish with the lyrics "you're a pretty boy" in the background. I forget what product it was.
It’s simple demographics, the same reason that a homophobe misogynist like DeSantis will struggle in the general election even if he manages to wrest the GOP from the lying criminal rapey front runner

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Just read an article, the new loss in stock value is $13 billion. It is not in sales, then.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
07 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Just read an article, the new loss in stock value is $13 billion. It is not in sales, then.
That might suggest people selling stock in panic even if the boycott isn't having any effect.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Jun 23

@athousandyoung said
That might suggest people selling stock in panic even if the boycott isn't having any effect.
It suggests to me that some stock holders want to sell the stock badly enough that they'll take a loss on it.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
07 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
It suggests to me that some stock holders want to sell the stock badly enough that they'll take a loss on it.
Depends how much it was when they bought it.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
At the end of the day the stock will rise again and Target will have marketed themselves to a younger less illiberal customer base, might be a good time to buy some Target shares

w

Moves
07 Jun 23

@kevcvs57 said
At the end of the day the stock will rise again and Target will have marketed themselves to a younger less illiberal customer base, might be a good time to buy some Target shares
Yeah, except now the libs are mad because target pulled the merch from some of their stores to protect safety of staff.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
08 Jun 23

@kevcvs57 said
Sure. Just make sure the stock has cratered first.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Jun 23

@wildgrass said
Yeah, except now the libs are mad because target pulled the merch from some of their stores to protect safety of staff.
They should have stuck to their guns, running around in no man’s land is fiscal suicide during a culture war.
If you decide to do the right thing, take the hit and wait for the wrong headed ones to catch up.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Sure. Just make sure the stock has cratered first.
Happens all the time I’m sure there’s a phrase for it 🤔