Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
348d

@kevcvs57 said
They should have stuck to their guns, running around in no man’s land is fiscal suicide during a culture war.
If you decide to do the right thing, take the hit and wait for the wrong headed ones to catch up.
There weren't any guns or a political agenda worthy of a boycott or whatever carp the libs are counter boycotting. Target was quite literally just selling t shirts for pride month, and then when people starting verbally abusing their employees they took the displays down.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
348d

@wildgrass said
There weren't any guns or a political agenda worthy of a boycott or whatever carp the libs are counter boycotting. Target was quite literally just selling t shirts for pride month, and then when people starting verbally abusing their employees they took the displays down.
Not sure I understand your answer.
“Stick to your guns”
is metaphorical it means stay with your original decision and don’t be swayed by the opinions or actions of others.
They should have just stuck with their original rational business decision to market the T-shirts for profit.
Share price is not directly related to retail sales and at the right price other investors will take up the slack if the business model is sound

w

Moves
348d
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
Not sure I understand your answer.
“Stick to your guns”
is metaphorical it means stay with your original decision and don’t be swayed by the opinions or actions of others.
They should have just stuck with their original rational business decision to market the T-shirts for profit.
Share price is not directly related to retail sales and at the right price other investors will take up the slack if the business model is sound
. It's more a saying related to staking a position and engaging in a fight, and I'm pretty sure that's not at all what target was doing here. Target was not making a political statement regarding LGBTQLMNOP culture.

If by 'decision' you mean 'decision to sell tshirts' then I agree. The math changed a bit for target when their employees started receiving threats.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
348d

@wildgrass said
. It's more a saying related to staking a position and engaging in a fight, and I'm pretty sure that's not at all what target was doing here. Target was not making a political statement regarding LGBTQLMNOP culture.

If by 'decision' you mean 'decision to sell tshirts' then I agree. The math changed a bit for target when their employees started receiving threats.
Yeah that’s exactly what I was saying
“They should have just stuck with their original rational business decision to market the T-shirts for profit. ”
I thought it was odd that we disagreed on this one.
There is only one side fighting this imaginary culture war IMO

w

Moves
347d

@kevcvs57 said
Yeah that’s exactly what I was saying
“They should have just stuck with their original rational business decision to market the T-shirts for profit. ”
I thought it was odd that we disagreed on this one.
There is only one side fighting this imaginary culture war IMO
Great. If you want a real debate you'll need to explain why you hate rideshare apps.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
339d

@athousandyoung said
I just saw an ad with some black guy with fingernail polish with the lyrics "you're a pretty boy" in the background. I forget what product it was.
Pizza Hut