Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Target Boycotted, loses $10B in 10 days

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
350d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target. You on the other hand are all cool with that, and men, competing with women, so you will go to target and buy yourself a little smock to put around your privates. That is the way you are, but that is not the way I am. So now ...[text shortened]... r hundreds of years, they are all of a sudden met with characters that they are sick of me included.
But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target.

This isn't plain language Joe. Target is a store, not a culture. It does not represent an ideology. It sells hundreds of different types of t-shirts. It employs 440,000 hardworking US citizens.

If you walk into a bookstore selling a book you don't want to buy about a culture that makes you sick, are you boycotting the whole store? Or maybe just don't buy that particular book?

You're mad about one t-shirt? If that's not your inner snowflake talking, I don't know what to tell you.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
350d
4 edits

@wildgrass said
But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target.

This isn't plain language Joe. Target is a store, not a culture. It does not represent an ideology. It sells hundreds of different types of t-shirts. It employs 440,000 hardworking US citizens.

If you walk ...[text shortened]... re mad about one t-shirt? If that's not your inner snowflake talking, I don't know what to tell you.
I don’t go to Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby in part because of their right wing ideologies

Top Dog in Berkeley has radical Libertarian ideology (and fantastic hot dogs)

I would not be surprised if Out of the Closet had left wing ideology

If the whole Target store was decorated with Pride stuff it would be obnoxious just like it would be if it was covered with “pray the gay away” decorations.

I haven’t seen what triggered these protests but I can easily see marketing business people who are obsessed with constant eternal growth and always changing stuff in pursuit of that elusive goal maybe might have gone overboard with their promotion and decorations. That’s not the same as simply selling shirts with Pride themed logos.

w

Moves
350d
3 edits

@athousandyoung said
I don’t go to Chik-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby in part because of their right wing ideologies

Top Dog in Berkeley has radical Libertarian ideology (and fantastic hot dogs)

I would not be surprised if Out of the Closet had left wing ideology

If the whole Target store was decorated with Pride stuff it would be obnoxious just like it would be if it was covered with “pr ...[text shortened]... ir promotion and decorations. That’s not the same as simply selling shirts with Pride themed logos.
Welp. Right now it's full of "number one dad" foam hands and ball caps. What a diabolical political agenda eh?

Or maybe father's days coming up and they're trying to sell some t shirts. Comparing that to hobby lobby's radical overt political agenda is a huge stretch of imagination.

No ones seen what triggered the rught. It's probably fake. But Target does not care about pride. They're selling t shirts.

Edit : yikes I'm still reeling as to how you'd compare hobby lobby to this. Hobby lobby had store displays asking customers to vote for trump. They withhold contraceptive insurance for employees. They were caught illegally smuggling biblical artifacts out of Iraq.

You're.comaring that to target selling pride t shirts?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
350d

@wildgrass said
Welp. Right now it's full of "number one dad" foam hands and ball caps. What a diabolical political agenda eh?

Or maybe father's days coming up and they're trying to sell some t shirts. Comparing that to hobby lobby's radical overt political agenda is a huge stretch of imagination.

No ones seen what triggered the rught. It's probably fake. But Target does not care abo ...[text shortened]... smuggling biblical artifacts out of Iraq.

You're.comaring that to target selling pride t shirts?
It's not for you to set that line. Making those comparisons may work for you but not for the other 6 billion humans. The boycott is by individuals, they each have their reason, some may even believe you when you say it's about one t-shirt.

Lake Como

Moves
350d

@wildgrass said

If you walk ...[text shortened]... re mad about one t-shirt? If that's not your inner snowflake talking, I don't know what to tell you.
Analogies are not your forte’.
You libs are hilarious on issues such as this, people a whole lot more in-the-know disagree with your uneducated ( oh, you and Suzianne 🤣🤣🤣). (Wow, Suzianne) comments. How bout just your line that Target is a store, not a culture. Pitiful.

Lake Como

Moves
350d

@wajoma said
It's not for you to set that line. Making those comparisons may work for you but not for the other 6 billion humans. The boycott is by individuals, they each have their reason, some may even believe you when you say it's about one t-shirt.
Yes WGrass you (and Suzianne🤣🤣!!) are way off on this one. One of you actually said Target is a store, not a culture.🤑
You have really said nothing concrete, but rather just wandered into some really weird opinions. Watch it with your buddy Sue, she will drag into a racial element.

w

Moves
350d

@wajoma said
You confuse. I don't know what it's about.

Joe started this thread and he can't explain it. Try asking him.

w

Moves
350d
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Yes WGrass you (and Suzianne🤣🤣!!) are way off on this one. One of you actually said Target is a store, not a culture.🤑
You have really said nothing concrete, but rather just wandered into some really weird opinions. Watch it with your buddy Sue, she will drag into a racial element.
Way off? You said the store was a culture. I've asked multiple times for you to explain and you have declined.

You've left others to speculate.

Lake Como

Moves
350d

@wildgrass said
Way off? I've asked multiple times for you to explain and you have declined.

Many people are not in favor of woke and all that it encompasses. So we wake up one day and see what Target has done to make them customers, marketing things that are not in keeping with, shall we say, the morals of clean-living Americans. Is that enough for you contrarians?
And please don’t segue off about my use of the phrase clean-living. There are many ways I could say it. You know, I know, everybody knows, what I mean.

Lake Como

Moves
350d

@wildgrass said
Way off? You said the store was a culture. I've asked multiple times for you to explain and you have declined.

Please admit that I did not say a store is a culture.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
350d

@wildgrass said
You confuse. I don't know what it's about.

Joe started this thread and he can't explain it. Try asking him.
wildgrass:

"Lol t shirts Joe. You're boycotting over t shirts that a company stocked because people wanted to buy them. Pathetic."

w

Moves
350d
1 edit

@wajoma said
wildgrass:

"Lol t shirts Joe. You're boycotting over t shirts that a company stocked because people wanted to buy them. Pathetic."
Boo. You miss the whole conversation. I'm asking for clarity.

w

Moves
350d

@averagejoe1 said
Please admit that I did not say a store is a culture.
"But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target"

Lake Como

Moves
347d

@wildgrass said
"But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target"
"But you see, people, like those cultures, who are all queer and raising tremendous concerns, targeting our children et, al, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach".
So you wanted me to go into great detail to do your clarification. You are not new on the art of Foruming. What's your story?
"So, because of them, I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target." Surely you get it now, and you will apologize profusely for libeling my good name on the Forum. Can you imagine now what Sonhouse must think of me?
On this matter, I cannot imagine a smart guy like you backing up Woke. I spect you do not have children. Please don't answer that!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
347d

@AverageJoe1

I still don't get it, Joe -
Why is it that Target is the center of attention for what they sell when many other retailers do likewise??

Anybody??