Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 14:24
    @duchess64 said
    White privilege is used most effectively by people who deny using it or deny that it exists.
    It seemed to work for Elizabeth just fine.

She got her law degree from Harvard and is now a Congress"person".

Notice how I edited the "Man" out of Congress. It's PC.

Not only that, everyone knows there is not one ounce of testosterone in the halls of Congress.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 14:25
    @mott-the-hoople said
    says the vulgar dope head.
    Dope head? I always picture harder drugs than that.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 14:53
    @whodey said
    It seemed to work for Elizabeth just fine.

She got her law degree from Harvard and is now a Congress"person".

Notice how I edited the "Man" out of Congress. It's PC.

Not only that, everyone knows there is not one ounce of testosterone in the halls of Congress.
    Actually, she got her law degree from Rutgers and is a Senator.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 15:13
    @no1marauder said
    Actually, she got her law degree from Rutgers and is a Senator.
    Oh, so she just checked the box trying to get into Harvard?

I wonder if she checked the box to get into Rutgers.

In fact, when she got the gig teaching at Harvard, was any of that based upon the notion that she was an Indian and given preferential treatment because of it?

No matter, either way she is a sick and twisted fraud who uses race only to promote herself caring little about those supposed down and out minorities that may have benefited from taking her spot.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 15:44
    @whodey said
    Oh, so she just checked the box trying to get into Harvard?

I wonder if she checked the box to get into Rutgers.

In fact, when she got the gig teaching at Harvard, was any of that based upon the notion that she was an Indian and given preferential treatment because of it?

No matter, either way she is a sick and twisted fraud who uses race only to promote herself caring little about those supposed down and out minorities that may have benefited from taking her spot.
    Apparently she wasn't.:

In the most exhaustive review undertaken of Elizabeth Warren’s professional history, the Globe found clear evidence, in documents and interviews, that her claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools. At every step of her remarkable rise in the legal profession, the people responsible for hiring her saw her as a white woman.

The Globe examined hundreds of documents, many of them never before available, and reached out to all 52 of the law professors who are still living and were eligible to be in that Pound Hall room at Harvard Law School. Some are Warren’s allies. Others are not. Thirty-one agreed to talk to the Globe — including the law professor who was, at the time, in charge of recruiting minority faculty. Most said they were unaware of her claims to Native American heritage and all but one of the 31 said those claims were not discussed as part of her hire. One professor told the Globe he is unsure whether her heritage came up, but is certain that, if it did, it had no bearing on his vote on Warren’s appointment.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/09/01/did-claiming-native-american-heritage-actually-help-elizabeth-warren-get-ahead-but-complicated/wUZZcrKKEOUv5Spnb7IO0K/story.html

Apparently, Donald Trump owes the charity of her choice a $1 million:

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article220036610.html

Of course, her DNA test did show some, though not much, Native American ancestry.

Still, she shouldn't have checked boxes claiming primary Native American heritage. I seem to recall saying she should have withdrawn from the Senate race against Scott Brown when this "scandal" came to light.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 17:42
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    I'd rather be friends with Shav than EVER to be considered a friend of you, you who can't even get to 1200.....
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 17:492 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Apparently she wasn't.:

In the most exhaustive review undertaken of Elizabeth Warren’s professional history, the Globe found clear evidence, in documents and interviews, that her claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools ...[text shortened]... he should have withdrawn from the Senate race against Scott Brown when this "scandal" came to light.
    So you are saying that Warren did not lie about her being Indian? I heard her apologize to Indian people for claiming to be Indian.

If not, then why has she apologized?

But since she admits she misled the college, why did she do it if not to get chosen for whatever she was applying for?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 18:40
    @whodey
    Wonder how much you would be protesting if she was repub?