1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 22:28
    wow ...democrats being bought

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/exclusive-data-shows-that-half-of-2019-donations-to-actblue-came-from-untraceable-unemployed-donors
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 22:33

Removed by poster

3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 22:59
    @mott-the-hoople said
    wow ...democrats being bought

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/exclusive-data-shows-that-half-of-2019-donations-to-actblue-came-from-untraceable-unemployed-donors
    A receiver of political contributions isn't required to keep records of the givers' employer unless that giver has aggregate political contributions for the year are over $200. https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/keeping-records/recording-receipts/

The average contribution to ActBlue in 2019 was $30.50. https://blog.actblue.com/2020/01/09/2019-in-review-a-1-billion-year/

So the "analysis" is a bunch of BS. I've given small contributions to various candidates through ActBlue and never recall being asked for employer information. So when they are claiming the givers were "unemployed" what it really means is that an employer isn't listed because there is no obligation for ActBlue to do so for the majority of their contributors.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 01:38
    @no1marauder said
    A receiver of political contributions isn't required to keep records of the givers' employer unless that giver has aggregate political contributions for the year are over $200. https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and-committees/keeping-records/recording-receipts/

The average contribution to ActBlue in 2019 was $30.50. https://blog.actblue.com/2020/01/09/2019-in-revie ...[text shortened]... t listed because there is no obligation for ActBlue to do so for the majority of their contributors.
    per actblue website...

Why does ActBlue require my personal information for me to donate?

Any contribution made through ActBlue needs to be reported to the appropriate regulatory body, just like any other contribution. This means that we are required by law to collect your personal information so that campaigns and organizations can properly report your contributions. Most contributions require your name, address, occupation, and employer, but the laws in some states require your employer’s address as well. ActBlue is also required by federal law to report and itemize (that means list the donor name and information for) every single federal donation that comes through our platform to the Federal Election Commission, including donations under $200.

We also pass along your email address, as well as your phone number if you choose to provide it, to the group you gave to and no one else. Providing a phone number when donating is always optional. This contact information is vital for groups running grassroots fundraising programs and is also how we’re able to send you an email receipt for your contribution. We never sell your personal information or share it with anyone beyond the group you gave to.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 01:521 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    per actblue website...

Why does ActBlue require my personal information for me to donate?

Any contribution made through ActBlue needs to be reported to the appropriate regulatory body, just like any other contribution. This means that we are required by law to collect your personal information so that campaigns and organizations can properly report your contribu ...[text shortened]... ution. We never sell your personal information or share it with anyone beyond the group you gave to.
    ActBlue should add:

And we can't guarantee that donors won't be criticized or scorned by crybaby Republicans.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 02:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 02:57
    @handyandy said
    ActBlue should add:

And we can't guarantee that donors won't be criticized or scorned by crybaby Republicans.
    But I thought you lefties were concerned about election interference.
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 03:10
    @mott-the-hoople said
    we are more concerned with voter suppression
    trump's only path to victory
    you know it very well
    you're a smart guy
    trump cares about you
    don't ever forget that
    and if you ever need a hand
    his small pudgy fingers will make everything ok
    unless you are a woman
    maybe not ok
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 13:42
    The huge difference between "mail in voting" and absentee ballot voting is this:

You have to ask for an absentee ballot but when you do mail in voting,
    all ballots are sent out to everyone, including dead people.

Democrat *activists* will have a field day.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 13:46
    @lemondrop said
    we are more concerned with voter suppression
    trump's only path to victory
    you know it very well
    you're a smart guy
    trump cares about you
    don't ever forget that
    and if you ever need a hand
    his small pudgy fingers will make everything ok
    unless you are a woman
    maybe not ok
    hmmm...why are you not concerned with anything that could adversely affect our election?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 13:461 edit
    @no1marauder said

The average contribution to ActBlue in 2019 was $30.50. https://blog.actblue.com/2020/01/09/2019-in-revie ...[text shortened]... t listed because there is no obligation for ActBlue to do so for the majority of their contributors.
    Why are you posting this incorrect information? As usual when caught in a lie you just ignore.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 15:441 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Haha trump getting out financed much you’d better phone the Kremlin and tell them that the whitehouse don’t come cheap.
    And what about the NRA? have they developed short arms and deep pockets? Or maybe they don’t believe the right wing BS about Biden taking your guns away and have decided that they don’t have a horse in this race.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 15:49
    @kevcvs57 said
    Haha trump getting out financed much you’d better phone the Kremlin and tell them that the whitehouse don’t come cheap.
    And what about the NRA? have they developed short arms and deep pockets? Or maybe they don’t believe the right wing BS about Biden taking your guns away and have decided that they don’t have a horse in this race.
    so it is your stance that foreign countries can abuse our election system through this democrat dark money website?
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 16:30
    @mott-the-hoople said
    hmmm...why are you not concerned with anything that could adversely affect our election?
    VOTER SUPPRESSION
    SCREWING WITH THE MAIL
    A LITTLE HELP BY THE RUSSIANS
    A PRESIDENT SUGGESTING A RIGGED ELECTION
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 16:33
    @mott-the-hoople said
    so it is your stance that foreign countries can abuse our election system through this democrat dark money website?
    No and there is zero evidence that they are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree