What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
I have no interest in connecting with you further than via this anonymous discussion board, you may interpret that however you wish.
Alright, then you might want to stop calling me a coward if you are unwilling to discuss this live.

I feel like myself and others endlessly have the same questions repeated and the meaningful answers are ignored. I wanted to cut through that.

Now, it's fine that you don't want to do it. But the offer remains open, and I will bring it up again if you keep pestering me to answer the same repeated question claiming that I absolutely have never answered it when I have dealt with it in this very thread.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
I cannot help but think you have no idea the cost to Jesus for us, you have no idea our crimes against a Holy God to know what it is that was done for us.
“Crimes against God”

What possible “crime”, action, deed, thought, words anything at all, ANYTHING... Can justify a person being supernaturally kept alive and burnt in agony for eternity?

I’m afraid that I find your version of God to be a monster.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Alright, then you might want to stop calling me a coward if you are unwilling to discuss this live.
Where did I say this...?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
“Crimes against God”

What possible “crime”, action, deed, thought, words anything at all, ANYTHING... Can justify a person being supernaturally kept alive and burnt in agony for eternity?

I’m afraid that I find your version of God to be a monster.
Actually it is the other way around, you think a Holy Good God is at fault for judging crimes by evil and wicked people.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Now, it's fine that you don't want to do it. But the offer remains open, and I will bring it up again if you keep pestering me to answer the same repeated question claiming that I absolutely have never answered it when I have dealt with it in this very thread.
You are threatening to bring up your invitation to some sort of online video debate as a means of deterring me from asking you pointed on topic questions...is that really what you are saying?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Actually it is the other way around, you think a Holy Good God is at fault for judging crimes by evil and wicked people.
No I don’t think that at all and it is certainly not “the other way round” of what pointed out to you in my previous post.

What “crimes” against God could a person possibly commit which warrants the punishment of begin supernaturally kept alive and burnt for eternity?

Why don’t you just pause and think that over, imagine the reality of that and the concept of justice.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Would you like to have this discussion over Skype or another discussion platform, record the content of our spoken exchange, and put it up on YouTube for people hear to judge?

We could cover a lot of ground very quickly and it shouldn't be too hard to arrange for something like that. You can even make a throwaway Skype account so as to protect your privacy.
You backed the creepiest poster this community has ever seen as he posted paedophilic jokes aimed at divegeester day after day, multiple times a day, and even continuing for several months after divegeester had stopped engaging him, with you claiming it was funny and good for the forum, and claiming the paedophile content "mirrored" the content of divegeester's posts, and now you want to chat with divegeester on Skype? You have no idea how you come across here, do you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
No I don’t think that at all and it is certainly not “the other way round” of what pointed out to you in my previous post.

What “crimes” against God could a person possibly commit which warrants the punishment of begin supernaturally kept alive and burnt for eternity?

Why don’t you just pause and think that over, imagine the reality of that and the concept of justice.
God is justice, and good, and pure, and holy, and so on. Crimes against the divine are not like jay walking. All of our evil and wickedness are assaults on the Holy One, each attack against another is an attack on their maker, each insult against another is an assault against their maker. Whatever we do to the least of these we do to Him, and a life time of doing evil against God is going to get you damned.

You think God should just over look this? You think God should just forget, pretend like the sinner whose crimes against Him that stands before God condemned should pay with a little pain, then disappear? I think your grasp of goodness, justice, holiness are lacking, but your desire for a lack of accountability is in full swing.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
God is justice, and good, and pure, and holy, and so on.
Maybe there needs to be a clearer revelation of this God figure you think is real so that people can exercise informed free will in accepting or rejecting the teaching of your religion.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
God is justice, and good, and pure, and holy, and so on.
Why do keep reciting this over and over again as though these attributes somehow justify or excuse the apocalyptic genocidal holocaust of the eternal torture of billions of souls.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Crimes against the divine are not like jay walking.
What “crimes” against an immortal, eternal, all powerful supreme being can possibly warrant being tortured for eternity?

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Why do keep reciting this over and over again as though these attributes somehow justify or excuse the apocalyptic genocidal holocaust of the eternal torture of billions of souls.
'It is because it is'.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
What “crimes” against an immoral, eternal, all powerful supreme being can possibly warrant being tortured for eternity?
'It is warranted because it is warranted'.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You think God should just over look this?
Perhaps there just might be a few integers of justice squeezed in between: “overlooking” a person’s sin of rejecting God ... and burning them alive for eternity for it.

What do you reckon?