What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Believe whatever you want.

Thinking I included a banned word (when it usually just doesn't get posted when it is used) and then reported myself to have it removed for some... Unknown goal is absurd.
Is this topic really important to you?

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

No idea what happened with the post.

I also don't care to spend another minute on it.

If this is how you want to spend your time, though, be my guest.

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Forum integrity and posting honesty is possibly the single most important topic here.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Right.

I thought I should try to just be honest and stick to my guns and all that and then I guess I felt a bit indignant and now I've wasted my time.

It has been bad form of me to play along.

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
No idea what happened with the post.

I also don't care to spend another minute on it.

If this is how you want to spend your time, though, be my guest.
It is how I want to spend my time; catching little weasels like you lying is one of special joys of being a regular here.

Moves
21 Jul 19
2 edits

@philokalia said
Right.

I thought I should try to just be honest and stick to my guns and all that and then I guess I felt a bit indignant and now I've wasted my time.

It has been bad form of me to play along.
Shall I PM one of the moderators whom I know quite well and ask him to check the removed posts log and see if yours is in there...edited?

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
It may be. He is a "fornicator", by his own admission. A hypocrite, for sure. I think a liar too. He endorsed one of the creepiest "Christians" this forum has ever seen for his sexual slurs and his paedophile humour. And there is plenty of evidence that could lead someone to believe he is a racist. Meanwhile, he is a sanctimonious religionist. It might well seem important to him to wriggle a bit on this topic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Forum integrity and posting honesty is possibly the single most important topic here.
I agree, shame is that not every accusation is valid, so simple misunderstandings can be turned into hateful tirades. Not a lot of grace given, none should be excepted.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I agree, shame is that not every accusation is valid, so simple misunderstandings can be turned into hateful tirades. Not a lot of grace given, none should be excepted.
You lied publicly for two years that I had mocked you with regard to your deceased child in order to justify your lengthy sullen huff, when in fact you had simply got in a tangle and contradicted yourself in a debate about society's right to intervene when religious extremism threatens the lives of children.

No "misunderstanding" there, just your repeated accusation. Those who respect you more than they respect me may well be under the impression your accusation was true, and you never swallowed your pride and corrected the record. Borderline hateful on your part, at least to my way of thinking. Not a lot of "grace" given by you, I note.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

Would anyone like to go back to the topic here and discuss it? No idea where we left off. It seemed like it was basically done and nobody really wanted to discuss more on the ethics behind hell.

This has been completely derailed by accusations about deleting posts -- I really made a mistake of entertaining it.

The only sort of interaction you should have with people who spend years & years on the forum invested in personal drama is the topic of discussion.

I always fail in this, but I have to again resolve to just not touch arguments with all of this extraneous stuff on it. It distracts from the debates and it fuels the mutual hostility that wrecks the forum.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
This has been completely derailed by accusations about deleting posts -- I really made a mistake of entertaining it.
But you can approve of and endorse a poster for derailing 10 or 20 or 30 threads at a time day in day out when it suits you.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Would anyone like to go back to the topic here and discuss it?
I think you've tried your best to make the moral dimension of your beliefs coherent to someone with different beliefs from you. I don't think you need to persist with it. Certainly, don't do so on my account.

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
[What FMF said]

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
If there was a “mistake” you made, it was editing the hypocritical you made such that it was auto-deleted, so you could dodge FMF’s call out of your hypocrisy.

I saw it clearly, FMF saw it clearly, others not following the thread closely (like KellyJay) will not have seen it.

Was it was worth discussing in depth yes it most certainly was.

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Would anyone like to go back to the topic here and discuss it? No idea where we left off. It seemed like it was basically done and nobody really wanted to discuss more on the ethics behind hell.
We left off where you had been making pages of pseudo-philosophical posts in reply to the basic question “what is the point of hell?”.

You seemed to have been trying to adopt a position where you want to accept the literal interpretations of biblical scripture about eternal suffering but at the same time refuse to accept the consequences of such acceptance and so you were trying, quite ineffectively, to walk between the moral raindrops and hold an academic view of hell when in fact you are a Christian who hold the literal interpretation.

In short you were being intellectually dishonest.