What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
If there was a “mistake” you made, it was editing the hypocritical you made such that it was auto-deleted, so you could dodge FMF’s call out of your hypocrisy.

I saw it clearly, FMF saw it clearly, others not following the thread closely (like KellyJay) will not have seen it.

Was it was worth discussing in depth yes it most certainly was.
I admitted right in the comment that I have sometimes used poor language.

Thanks for reminding me a bit as to what the content is.

I'll put it in bold:

I also have used inappropriate language on the internet before.

Is there more to discuss than that?

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
We left off where you had been making pages of pseudo-philosophical posts in reply to the basic question “what is the point of hell?”.

You seemed to have been trying to adopt a position where you want to accept the literal interpretations of biblical scripture about eternal suffering but at the same time refuse to accept the consequences of such acceptance and so you w ...[text shortened]... Christian who hold the literal interpretation.

In short you were being intellectually dishonest.
I was not attempting to hold some academic viewpoint.

I was presenting the Orthodox viewpoint as I know it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jul 19
2 edits

@philokalia said
I admitted right in the comment that I have sometimes used poor language.
Thanks for reminding me a bit as to what the content is.
I'll put it in bold:
I also have used inappropriate language on the internet before.
Is there more to discuss than that?
So now you can remember what the content of your self-deleted post was?

The point, as you very well know and are trying hard to deflect from, is not your use of poor language, no one is complaining about that. What you find yourself uncomfortably under the spotlight for is your barefaced lying about removing that post, by editing it and inserting a auto-mod prohibited word.

Your motive was to avoid the scrutiny of your hypocrisy as called out by FMF a few posts later.

You’re not going to get off the fibbing-hook by making feigned apologies for using poor language.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jul 19

@philokalia said
I was not attempting to hold some academic viewpoint.

I was presenting the Orthodox viewpoint as I know it.
Ok let’s take it fro the top shall we.

Philokalia, what do you think is the point of Jesus/God burning non Christians alive for eternity?

Let’s see how we go this time around.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Ok let’s take it fro the top shall we.

Philokalia, what do you think is the point of Jesus/God burning non Christians alive for eternity?

Let’s see how we go this time around.
God doesn't want anything evil to contaminate the eternal Kingdom of God like it has this universe, so those that would by touching it, all go someplace designed for evil.

Revelation 21:27
But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
God doesn't want anything evil to contaminate the eternal Kingdom of God like it has this universe, so those that would by touching it, all go someplace designed for evil.

But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
People who have lived good decent lives doing good works but without knowing about Jesus Christ are evil? The evil ones are you church people who promote this sick depraved doctrine of eternal torture for non Christians and eternal life for yourself.

These are who Jesus calls evil and who will go into everlasting punishment:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
naked, and ye clothed me not:
sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
..... And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal.
(Matthew 25:42-46 KJV)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said

Okay, but what is the point of “eternal” suffering?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Because God is eternal, and their God wants to see people suffer for eternity
Their God's followers similarly enjoy seeing these people suffer for eternity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19
2 edits

@divegeester said
God's Mercy and Wrath, both are eternal we choose.

Hebrews 3:12
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

Hebrews 10:29
How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10
For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
God's Mercy and Wrath, both are eternal we choose.

Hebrews 3:12
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

Hebrews 10:29
How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he w ...[text shortened]... n, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
What is the point of burning non Christians alive for eternity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
I don't know who is saying only non Christians are burning alive for all eternity?

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
I don't know who is saying only non Christians are burning alive for all eternity?
You way you slip the word "only" into your counter question is the way you dodge the obvious and reasonable thrust of the question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
What’s the point of burning non Christians (plus undisclosed others) for eternity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
What’s the point of burning non Christians (plus undisclosed others) for eternity?
You have asked me this before and gotten an answer, who are the undisclosed?
There are only two groups of people here period, and it is not who calls themselves Christian and all others. Those right with God through Jesus Christ and those not right with God through Jesus Christ. God is going to show His mercy on one group and His wrath with the others. The point is God is going to show His mercy on one group and His wrath with the other.

It isn't that difficult to understand, and it isn't a metaphor either. Goodness, Justice, Holiness are going to be fulfilled as is Love, Grace, and Mercy. Not because they are at odds with one another but that they all go hand in hand. Once we became evil and wicked apart from God, He has been working towards our redemption and in Christ we are redeemed. Those that reject that will not face a forgiving Savior as God desires, but they get Justice instead, fairness, what they deserve for their crimes against a Holy God.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
There is plenty of reason to believe that non Christians can and will enter the kingdom of God. I've stated that earlier in this thread, even.

In fact, I've been careful to speak about damnation as something that results from the conscious rejection of God (rejecting communion with him and rejecting repentance).