What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
So now you can remember what the content of your self-deleted post was?

The point, as you very well know and are trying hard to deflect from, is not your use of poor language, no one is complaining about that. What you find yourself uncomfortably under the spotlight for is your barefaced lying about removing that post, by editing it and inserting a auto-mod prohibited ...[text shortened]...

You’re not going to get off the fibbing-hook by making feigned apologies for using poor language.
Lol, so you literally came up with some method for me to remove my post without using the "remove" feature because I am allegedly so sensitive about admitting hypocrisy?

What a conspiracy.

S. Korea

Moves
21 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Okay, but what is the point of “eternal” suffering?
Eternal suffering doesn't move to a goal, but it is the fruit of the choices that people made, and thus is their just ends.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You have asked me this before and gotten an answer, who are the undisclosed?
There are only two groups of people here period, and it is not who calls themselves Christian and all others. Those right with God through Jesus Christ and those not right with God through Jesus Christ. God is going to show His mercy on one group and His wrath with the others. The point is God is g ...[text shortened]... ires, but they get Justice instead, fairness, what they deserve for their crimes against a Holy God.
Your post does not address the question KellyJay. All you are doing is providing a reworking of what will happen to non Christians. The “undisclosed others” is just a reply to your previous post where you were dodging also the question.

The question is not WHAT will happen, it is not even asking for a regurgitation of how upset God is with sin and how holy he is and how evil non Christians are before they are saved.

The question is what is the point of burning the unsaved alive for eternity? What purpose does this monstrous act of everlasting torture serve?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
There is plenty of reason to believe that non Christians can and will enter the kingdom of God. I've stated that earlier in this thread, even.

In fact, I've been careful to speak about damnation as something that results from the conscious rejection of God (rejecting communion with him and rejecting repentance).
What is the point of burning alive for eternity all those people who are assigned after death to be burnt alive for eternity?

Stop dodging the question.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
What is the point of burning alive for eternity all those people who are assigned after death to be burnt alive for eternity?

Stop dodging the question.
LOL, I do not know why you repeat the question when I have very clearly stated it.

But I think you are having an issue with communicating over text.

Would you like to have this discussion over Skype or another discussion platform, record the content of our spoken exchange, and put it up on YouTube for people hear to judge?

We could cover a lot of ground very quickly and it shouldn't be too hard to arrange for something like that. You can even make a throwaway Skype account so as to protect your privacy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
LOL, I do not know why you repeat the question when I have very clearly stated it.
Prefixing your reply with a capitalised “LOL” makes you appear furtive like Galveston75 who does it frequently.

You haven’t “clearly stated” anything and you certainly haven’t addressed my question since the OP. Your previous post to the one I am now replying to is an excellent example of you hemming and hawing.

What is the point of burning alive for eternity those people who are death are assigned to be so?

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

You did not reply to my invitation to this do in spoken word. I think it would be a lot easier and your insistent repetition of questions, even though answers are given, wouldn't really work there.

Will you join me? We can work something out and just do a vid. You don't; have to show your face or anything. We can just hash it out as opposed to having you say over & over & over again the same question in text, ignoring the answers that have been given.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

Gosh.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@Philokalia said

You did not reply to my invitation to this do in spoken word. I think it would be a lot easier and your insistent repetition of questions, even though answers are given, wouldn't really work there.

Will you join me? We can work something out and just do a vid. You don't; have to show your face or anything. We can just hash it out as opposed to having you say over & over & over again the same question in text, ignoring the answers that have been given.

You have gone down this exact route before when you have been undone in a thread, caught lying and generally embarrassed yourself. As I remember this silliness only served to underline your misadventure and you subsequently disappeared for a notable period.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
@Philokalia said

[quote]You did not reply to my invitation to this do in spoken word. I think it would be a lot easier and your insistent repetition of questions, even though answers are given, wouldn't really work there.

Will you join me? We can work something out and just do a vid. You don't; have to show your face or anything. We can just hash it out as opposed ...[text shortened]... ss only served to underline your misadventure and you subsequently disappeared for a notable period.
I actually am not familiar with what you are referencing because the emotions that you speculate that I have are not the actual emotions that I have while doing things.

I can tell you that I specifically did not post anywhere on this website during Lent 2019. Perhaps it'll be the same during Lent 2020.

I do recall there was another period in 2018 where I did not post for a while. I think it was because of general disinterest.

So, are you saying that I am a coward who runs away from things...

And, you won't be discussing the topic live with me? You'd rather be able to infinitely deflect via text?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19
3 edits

@divegeester said
Your post does not address the question KellyJay. All you are doing is providing a reworking of what will happen to non Christians. The “undisclosed others” is just a reply to your previous post where you were dodging also the question.

The question is not WHAT will happen, it is not even asking for a regurgitation of how upset God is with sin and how holy he is and ho ...[text shortened]... e unsaved alive for eternity?[/b] What purpose does this monstrous act of everlasting torture serve?
Rebelling against God in God's Kingdom is a big deal, rejecting God's purpose, His laws, His salvation is a big deal, a damnable one. I'm not sure why you think more is required, you reject dishonesty here do you not? Your sense of right and wrong has you calling people out all of the time, you are relentless against many. You think God wanting to keep His eternal Kingdom pure, holy, just, and loving away from all of the perversion of man isn't enough? There has not been a dodge, just a lack of grasping the issue on your part.

God who is truly good to perfection isn't going to allow crimes go unpunished, He isn't going to allow a denial of His purpose go without consequences and when He has His name smeared it is going to paid back in full. When Jesus' sacrifice is thought of as worthless by those who actually require it, they will stand before the Christ without excuse and will be damn for enraging the Spirit of grace. Not because they didn't have a chance to get right, but that they choose to reject what God had intended, ruining themselves for the very purpose and meaning God had intended for them. If something is ruined, it is thrown out, or in this case, cast out into outer darkness.

You have a moral frame work where you judge what is good and bad, and God does too, and His is perfection so nothing done, said, thought of, acted upon, not done, not said, not acted upon will be on full display nothing hidden. The grace of Jesus' blood is going to cover our sins, or the wrath of God which is over us right now will pour out in full on the us, for all of the evil and wickedness we have done.

He did not have to give us an out for salvation, it is His grace and mercy that has made away, one that is free for us, we cannot earn it and if we reject this great sacrifice it is totally on us for all of eternity for counting it meaningless in our lives.

I cannot help but think you have no idea the cost to Jesus for us, you have no idea our crimes against a Holy God to know what it is that was done for us. The scriptures tell us even with Jesus' blood, we were just scarcely saved and if that is so, where is that going to leave the sinners and ungodly?

1 Peter 4:18
And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
And, you won't be discussing the topic live with me? You'd rather be able to infinitely deflect via text?
I have no interest in connecting with you further than via this anonymous discussion board, you may interpret that however you wish.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Rebelling against God in God's Kingdom is a big deal, rejecting God's purpose, His laws, His salvation is a big deal, a damnable one. I'm not sure why you think more is required, you reject dishonesty here do you not? Your sense of right and wrong has you calling people out all of the time, you are relentless against many. You think God wanting to keep His eternal Kingdom pu ...[text shortened]... eter 4:18
And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
Why do you keep writing posts of increasing length explaining your particular interpretation of why you believe in eternal suffering? I’m not asking you to do that, I know exactly, precisely why you believe it’s, how it works, the scriptures involved.

I am repeatedly asking those Christians who believe in it to explain the point of it.

What is the point of burning alive for eternity a group of people who has been assigned to Hell?

What specific purpose does it serve?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Why do you keep writing posts of increasing length explaining your particular interpretation of why you believe in eternal suffering? I’m not asking you to do that, I know exactly, precisely why you believe it’s, how it works, the scriptures involved.

I am repeatedly asking those Christians who believe in it to explain the point of it.

What is the point of burn ...[text shortened]... ernity a group of people who has been assigned to Hell?

What specific purpose does it serve?
Because they deserve it.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Because they deserve it.
They deserve it for not believing the same Jesus story as you believe?