The Atheists will Guide

The Atheists will Guide

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

Hilarious!

Moves
13 Apr 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
His responses will all still be here tomorrow after you will have deleted several of yours in a fit of posters regret.
Dive, you are the posterboy for regrettableness.

P.S. -- I only address you in this patronizing way because I think there might still be some hope for you before you croak.

Moves
13 Apr 21

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Dive, you are the posterboy for regrettableness.

P.S. -- I only address you in this patronizing way because I think there might still be some hope for you before you croak.
Your behaviour this last few hours has got me thinking again about who you were before you arrived as Caesar Salad.

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Your behaviour this last few hours has got me thinking again about who you were before you arrived as Caesar Salad.
Not Taliesen, if that's what you were thinking.

You deplorable manchild you. I once thought of sending you a crate of ripe melons so you could practice your cutting and thrusting.

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Also, the Essenes would advise not to be so easily swirled around.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Also, the Essenes would advise not to be so easily swirled around.
It’s a pity you’re not more interesting when you get into one these little tizzies.

There’s not much mileage in an inebriated fairy sniffing at someone’s crotch for several hours.

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
It’s a pity you’re not more interesting when you get into one these little tizzies.

There’s not much mileage in an inebriated fairy sniffing at someone’s crotch for several hours.
Funny thing for you to say, considering whose crotch you seem to be muzzling.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said

But this thread is not about my testimonial. Ghost, FMF, and avalanchethecat are going to guide us as to how atheism explains this sinning nature.

They will use their own vocabulary most likely.
We are animals with basic instincts, such as greed and envy.

Don't you know this?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
Ghost the atheist - Do you approve of FMF's explanation?
Don't speak to me while I'm sleeping.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Funny thing for you to say, considering whose crotch you seem to be muzzling.
No, it’s a funny thing to say about you and your behaviour this last night.

Your weak as piss attempt to project is noted however.

F

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
No, it’s a funny thing to say about you and your behaviour this last night.

Your weak as piss attempt to project is noted however.
One man's "weak as piss attempt" is another man's endeavour to get Suzianne's approval.

Moves
13 Apr 21

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Apr 21

@sonship said
Ghost, FMF, and avalanchethecat are three atheists on the Forum.

I invite them here to explain why all men and women too often CANNOT carry out the good that they know to do or CANNOT stop the evil that they know they should not do.

Get ready for their wisdom.
Go fellas.

Why do human beings commit things against their conscience and fail to resist what their conscience does not approve of?

FMF, why don't you take the lead to guide the readers why?
I'm pretty sure I already answered you on this, but that's ok, I'll go again and even pile on some more detail if it'll make you happy.

Our conscious mind is a bit of a clever trick; there are certainly more drivers than we are aware of in our head, some very base, sometimes powerful, sometimes all but asleep. Occasionally - or frequently even - our 'conscious control' fails us - or rather I might say some driver of which we are not directly or presently aware steers us - but in order to preserve the illusion it performs some clevery trickery and produces motives to explain our otherwise inexplicable actions. Sometimes, in retrospect, those motives seem so weak that we may see right through them. Other times we soldier on under the illusion that some or other unconscious drive actually represents our consciously chosen path. Many of us never even examine the paths upon which we walk, and may reasonably be considered unwitting hostage to impulses which when challenged directly, might be nothing more than phantoms. Likewise, much of what we consider to be our conscious self is almost certainly foisted upon us by facets of our selves which upon examination prove to be sturdy and well-founded. Habitual acceptance lends weight to these things, whatever their source or power.

I'm not absolutely sure this is the way it is, but to my mind this comes closest of the models I've explored. I hope you may consider this for some moments before you dismiss it as too simple, too complicated or too different from the habit to which you've become accustomed. There are very many good reasons to suppose that something of this nature is going on inside the meat in your head, despite your strong desire to see otherwise.

Moves
13 Apr 21

@divegeester said
Son of the West, when someone like you seeks something more interesting, the correct way is to become less interesting.

Perhaps sometime in the next few decades you will see the truth of this yourself.