Suzanne’s Post, Fact, Fiction, Christian? Let’s Come Together!

Suzanne’s Post, Fact, Fiction, Christian? Let’s Come Together!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, she is repeatedly being ask a question she has already answered.

Unless you think a Christian would view repentance as necessary for something they don't think is a sin before God?....Do you?

FMF apparently remains undecided.
I haven’t seen where seen has unequivocally answered the question. What I have seen is her dodging the question for weeks. And what I see know is yet more of your performative white-knighting, over nothing. Your posturing just makes Suzianne look weak as a women and in need of a cap-wearing man’s help.

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
FMF apparently remains undecided.
"Undecided" about what?

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why do things need to be unequivocally spelled out to you? Are you a child? Do you lack the ability to decipher a answer? Are you incapable of joining the dots?
This is low-grade ad hominem stuff.

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If Suzianne believes it is not a sin before God for a woman to 'exercise her natural right to the sovereignty over her own body, her physical and mental self,' why on earth would she think the women needed to repent?
She finally said this only as recently as page 6.

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, she is repeatedly being ask a question she has already answered.
On what page did she answer it? What makes you say she has been asked it "repeatedly" since then?

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Despite this FMF still blindly carries on asking the same inane question about whether or not repentance is required.
On what pages did I "blindly carry on asking the same inane question"? What pages are you referring to? What posts?

F

Moves
221d

@divegeester said
I haven’t seen where seen has unequivocally answered the question. What I have seen is her dodging the question for weeks.
Another question she dodged endlessly earlier this year when the topic came up was "When do you believe life begins?"

F

Moves
221d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And Suzianne clearly answered the question, with her response that the notion of a woman exercising her natural right to the sovereignty over her own body, her physical and mental self, has somehow committed a sin before God is sad and disappointing.
It's interesting how you have edited it. This is the actual, undoctored quote:

"Apparently, you feel that a woman exercising her natural right to the sovereignty over her own body, her physical and mental self, has somehow committed a sin before God. This is sad and disappointing."

As an essentially political answer and, speaking as an atheist, of course, I agree.

But you carefully edited out the sheer nonsense about how she claims it is me who sees it as a "sin".

As you well know, it is umpteen hundreds of millions of her fellow Christians and entire denominations who see it as a "sin". That is the basis of the question, and it clearly isn't an "inane" one.

The reason this question came to the fore again is because earlier this year she cited the anti-abortion stance of millions and millions of conservative Christians in her country as an example of how they allegedly cannot possibly be followers of Christ.

It raises an interesting question.

Can opposition to abortion really be characterized as unchristian on account of it supposedly being misogynistic?

Unfortunately, I'd say there's zero chance Suzianne would argue her corner on such a topic.

It'd be great to be proved wrong.

Moves
220d
1 edit

@fmf said
She finally said this only as recently as page 6.
So you accept she has answered the question and that you will now quit asking it?

(You asked the question again even after her post on page 6).

Moves
220d

@divegeester said
I haven’t seen where seen has unequivocally answered the question. What I have seen is her dodging the question for weeks. And what I see know is yet more of your performative white-knighting, over nothing. Your posturing just makes Suzianne look weak as a women and in need of a cap-wearing man’s help.
Why is anybody required to 'unequivocally' answer questions to yours and FMF's satisfaction? Her post makes her position blatantly clear.

Moves
220d

@fmf said

As an essentially political answer and, speaking as an atheist, of course, I agree.
So what on Earth are you blathering on about?

Even when you agree with Suzianne you have to try and find some negative angle.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
220d
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Strange how the trawler you both follow either has Suzianne's or Kelly's name on it.

And Suzianne clearly answered the question, with her response that the notion of a woman exercising her natural right to the sovereignty over her own body, her physical and mental self, has somehow committed a sin before God is sad and disappointing. - Despite this FMF still blindl ...[text shortened]... required.

Do you think repentance is required for something you don't consider a sin before God?
"Do you think repentance is required for something you don't consider a sin before God?"

Do you think the human heart could justify something God considers sin and therefore sin against God by that sin? From there be content they are justified in their own eyes, their good is good enough?

Moves
220d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
"Do you think repentance is required for something you don't consider a sin before God?"

Do you think the human heart could justify something God considers sin and therefore sin against God by that sin? From there be content they are justified in their own eyes, their good is good enough?
Please link to a biblical passage that says abortion is a sin against God. Or do you speak on behalf of God as to what He does and doesn't consider a sin?

I have already posted biblical references where God doesn't seem to view the life of the unborn as sacrosanct. (Far from it). - It is not enough for you to find a generic biblical passage about all life being precious or killing being wrong, bearing in mind the liberal approach to killing in the OT. (Wars, acts of God etc). - And aren't you also in favour of capital punishment? (Or am I remembering that wrong? )

F

Moves
220d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You asked the question again even after her post on page 6.
I was answering her question about my motivation.

F

Moves
220d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So what on Earth are you blathering on about?

Even when you agree with Suzianne you have to try and find some negative angle.
This content-free banter of yours only makes some semblence of sense IF you edit out, and ignore, the entire rest of the post it is taken from. i.e. its context. Oh, and yes. Lo and behold that is exactly what you have done.