Suzanne’s Post, Fact, Fiction, Christian? Let’s Come Together!

Suzanne’s Post, Fact, Fiction, Christian? Let’s Come Together!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
230d

@fmf said
If a Christian deliberately aborts a fetus, do you believe they should they repent before God?
Perhaps you need to be reintroduced to the word repent and what it actually means.

F

Moves
229d

@suzianne said
Perhaps you need to be reintroduced to the word repent and what it actually means.
Feel free to use the word "repent" in a way that corresponds to what you believe it "actually means". If a Christian deliberately aborts a fetus, do you believe they should repent before God?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
223d

@fmf said
Feel free to use the word "repent" in a way that corresponds to what you believe it "actually means". If a Christian deliberately aborts a fetus, do you believe they should repent before God?
So do you, or do you not, know what the word repent actually means?

If you do, then clearly, your question is a non sequitur, no matter how badly you want to smear me with it.

F

Moves
222d
1 edit

@suzianne said
So do you, or do you not, know what the word repent actually means?

If you do, then clearly, your question is a non sequitur, no matter how badly you want to smear me with it.
There is no "non sequitur". There is no issue with the word "repent". There is no "smearing" involved. There is only you dodging the simple, straightforward, crystal-clear, yes-or-no question: "If a Christian deliberately aborts a fetus, do you believe they should repent before God?"

Moves
222d

@fmf said
There is no "non sequitur". There is no issue with the word "repent". There is no "smearing" involved. There is only you dodging the simple, straightforward, crystal-clear, yes-or-no question: "If a Christian deliberately aborts a fetus, do you believe they should repent before God?"
Can you link to a biblical passage that says aborting a fetus requires repentance?

I can certainly link to biblical passages where God doesn't seem to think the unborn are particularly sacrosanct.

Take Exodus 21:22-25 where a pregnant woman who is injured and aborts the fetus warrants financial compensation only (to her husband) suggesting the fetus is to viewed as property, not a person. Or indeed Hosea 9:10-16 where God will punish the Israelites by destroying their unborn children, who will die at birth, or perish in the womb. - "Give them wombs that miscarry."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
222d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke( Give them wombs that miscarry) sounds like a Smiths song title.

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Can you link to a biblical passage that says aborting a fetus requires repentance?

I can certainly link to biblical passages where God doesn't seem to think the unborn are particularly sacrosanct.

Take Exodus 21:22-25 where a pregnant woman who is injured and aborts the fetus warrants financial compensation only (to her husband) suggesting the fetus is to view ...[text shortened]... ir unborn children, who will die at birth, or perish in the womb. - "Give them wombs that miscarry."
If Suzianne, speaking as a Christian, wants to answer "no", then so be it. If she wants to answer "yes", then - again - so be it.

I cannot speak as a Christian and I do not think there is a "God's will" for us to transgress, regardless of what the Bible says.

As for me, I believe life begins at conception but, politically speaking, I would not want to seek to impose this very personal belief of mine onto society; I think 'viability' is an acceptable compromise.

For the umpteenth time, you have stepped in in an apparent effort to play pass interference when Suzianne is too pusillanimous and paranoid to debate and discuss a significant spirituality issue on this spirituality debate and discussion forum.

Moves
221d
1 edit

@fmf said
If Suzianne, speaking as a Christian, wants to answer "no", then so be it. If she wants to answer "yes", then - again - so be it.

I cannot speak as a Christian and I do not think there is a "God's will" for us to transgress, regardless of what the Bible says.

As for me, I believe life begins at conception but, politically speaking, I would not want to seek to impose this ...[text shortened]... ebate and discuss a significant spirituality issue on this spirituality debate and discussion forum.
My question was a valid one. You asked If a Christian deliberately aborting a fetus, should repent before God. I asked if you could link to a biblical passage that says aborting a fetus requires repentance?

Apparently you couldn't.

Hosea's "Give them wombs that miscarry," aptly shows God's stance on the issue.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My question was a valid one. You asked If a Christian deliberately aborting a fetus, should repent before God. I asked if you could link to a biblical passage that says aborting a fetus requires repentance?

Apparently you couldn't.

Hosea's "Give them wombs that miscarry," aptly shows God's stance on the issue.
God is God who sets all of the boundaries on our lives, that isn't something we do except as a means of law, not whim.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
221d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
God is God who sets all of the boundaries on our lives, that isn't something we do except as a means of law, not whim.
And do you think it is ok, given the long history of separation of church and state in our country, for a religious, misguided minority to impose their will (and make no mistake, it IS their will, not God's will) upon everyone in the nation by passing laws of men, codifying what they presume to be the will of God, even though they are wrong?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
221d
1 edit

@fmf said

As for me, I believe life begins at conception but, politically speaking, I would not want to seek to impose this ...[text shortened]... ebate and discuss a significant spirituality issue on this spirituality debate and discussion forum.
I merely do not wish to bend to your desire to foment your brand of forum combat in this forum.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
221d

@fmf said
You probably shouldn't be asking questions out loud if you're not even sure what the question means.

F

Moves
221d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ask a Christian about it. That's what I was doing.

F

Moves
221d
1 edit

@suzianne said
I merely do not wish to bend to your desire to foment your brand of forum combat in this forum.
"Combat"?

It's just a question about your belief.

F

Moves
221d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I asked if you could link to a biblical passage that says aborting a fetus requires repentance?

Apparently you couldn't.
I don't need to. I am not one the umpteen hundreds of millions of Christians who believe that aborting a fetus is a "sin". Ask them what their theological reasoning is. I am an atheist.