Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I think a person who is about to die realizes they are about to confront and personally experience an afterlife they’re uncertain about and I think that causes a great deal of anxiety and fear.

I think a person watching a loved one die realizes there is nothing they can do to protect or change or in any way mitigate the afterlife (if any) their loved one is about to experie ...[text shortened]... ey are about to die and personally experience an afterlife creates some anxiety and maybe even fear.
Sounds like a lot of thinking and imagination going on there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
If she did or didn't, it is an experience we can face, and you it seems you want to bludgeon him with it, please stop and think about that. FMF and I go way back, I've insulted him badly, and he has done the same to me, it happens, but if we don't stop step back and look at what we are doing, look at what we are saying, we can be blind to common things we all face. It should ...[text shortened]... e world about the Jesus that did die for us when we were unloveable, and we did unforgivable things.
Who’s bludgeoning and who’s rejoicing, Kelly Jay? Not me.

You previously claimed praying to God, reading the Holy Bible and watching sermons was a “checklist,” which I think revealed far more about you than you realize.

FMF posted his story in a public forum and by inference solicited opinions. And he made the story about himself.

If he only expected people to say, “How brave of you to remain an atheist after going through that!” then he should have stated upfront that he only wanted his friends to reply.

As for me, I would never publicize watching a loved one die and would *never* make that experience about myself and solicit kudos based on it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I think a person who is about to die realizes they are about to confront and personally experience an afterlife they’re uncertain about and I think that causes a great deal of anxiety and fear.

I think a person watching a loved one die realizes there is nothing they can do to protect or change or in any way mitigate the afterlife (if any) their loved one is about to experie ...[text shortened]... ey are about to die and personally experience an afterlife creates some anxiety and maybe even fear.
As I said, either you've not experienced both - and I believe this to be the case - or you are deficient in some essential human trait.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven removed their quoted post
Same here. I never disputed his reportage - just the conclusions he drew from it.

Sorry for what you went through but it’s unfortunately part of getting older.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
Sounds like a lot of thinking and imagination going on there.
I think what I wrote is common sense, though I realize it may not seem that way to an atheist or agnostic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
As I said, either you've not experienced both - and I believe this to be the case - or you are deficient in some essential human trait.
Repeating yourself doesn’t make what you wrote true. But you’re not exactly known for posting true statements, are you 😉

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Same here. I never disputed his reportage - just the conclusions he drew from it.
As for me, instead of drawing or accepting conclusions influenced or provided by a long history of manipulative meme propagation, I prefer to adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

Moves
03 Jan 22

@PB1022

May I ask you if you pretend to be Christian for the sake of undermining Christianity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Who’s bludgeoning and who’s rejoicing, Kelly Jay? Not me.

You previously claimed praying to God, reading the Holy Bible and watching sermons was a “checklist,” which I think revealed far more about you than you realize.

FMF posted his story in a public forum and by inference solicited opinions. And he made the story about himself.

If he only expected people to say, “H ...[text shortened]... g a loved one die and would *never* make that experience about myself and solicit kudos based on it.
If you are using this to bash him because of his stance, you use it as a weapon. I'm not happy about having this conversation with you about this, not even a little bit. If you go back to that checklist conversation, I even apologized to you but if you want to bring that up as something to throw in my face, too, so be it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Repeating yourself doesn’t make what you wrote true. But you’re not exactly known for posting true statements, are you 😉
This thread has revealed a great deal more about you than I suspect you would be comfortable with if you realised. Your constant accusations of dishonesty towards almost everybody with whom you engage are similarly informative.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
As for me, instead of drawing or accepting conclusions influenced or provided by a long history of manipulative meme propagation, I prefer to adopt a wait-and-see attitude.
No idea what “manipulative meme propagation” refers to, but the OP was clear in his conclusion in his very first post.

Having watched a loved one potentially die, he was the same as an atheist in a foxhole.

That was his conclusion stated upfront and that’s what I disagreed with.

But unless new information is presented, I don’t see the need to continue posting in here so I’ll leave off. I’ve stated my opinion and the reason for it and see no purpose in saying the same thing over and over again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If you are using this to bash him because of his stance, you use it as a weapon. I'm not happy about having this conversation with you about this, not even a little bit. If you go back to that checklist conversation, I even apologized to you but if you want to bring that up as something to throw in my face, too, so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoKO_31R38
I’m not “bashing” him, I’m stating my opinion about a story he posted and solicited (by inference) reactions to.

And I didn’t click on your YouTube video but may later.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
This thread has revealed a great deal more about you than I suspect you would be comfortable with if you realised. Your constant accusations of dishonesty towards almost everybody with whom you engage are similarly informative.
Ok, champ. Have a happy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@PB1022

May I ask you if you pretend to be Christian for the sake of undermining Christianity?
May I ask if you’re this obnoxious to people in real life or only when you’re hiding in anonymity and the safety of your home?

Moves
03 Jan 22