1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 12:001 edit
    @caissad4

A fool is one who chooses to remain ignorant.
    Your own views of the Christian hell puts you at odds with many fools here. True ?

His strawman arguments give a facade of that to you.

They were designed to make that Gospel somehow more reasonable and attractive. It makes no difference to you. A kinder gentler eternal Judge you just have just as much contempt for.

What did eliminating Christ's words of warning of eternal judgment do for your view of the Son of God? Not much at all.

So I don't see Divegeester's attempt to attract sinners to salvation with his arguments has done anything to soften your heart.

Don't now flatter him because you hold any presenter of the Son of God as just as foolish as the next. At least some of us
    are telling you the truth.

Jesus came to save and warned us that we have no idea how far God's ability to judge reaches. His reach to avenge sin goes beyond the grave. No other has so far a reach from which we will not escape.

So we should consider His offer to justify, redeem, forgive, and save from eternal judgment more seriously.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 15:06
    @sonship said
    I think somewhere down in the root system of transgender, perhaps with its major proponents more than with others, is a anti-God arrogance.

It says "Not even God can tell me what I am. He said He made them male and female. But we will overthrow His intention and make ourselves whatever we wish to be."

I think somewhere in the origins of this movement is this kind of ...[text shortened]... termine what sex we are."

I think some of this is going on down at the base of this activism.
    OMG

Transgender = anti-God arrogance. - You should put that crap on a t-shirt.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 15:13
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

OMG

So the atheist admits his God - "Oh my God!"

Now, you obviously ignored my qualification that somewhere down in the root system of this philosophy did I ascribe such anti-theist motives.

You read it. But you didn't see it.
    You didn't want to see it.

Okay, atheist, tells more about your God - "OMG".
    Is it just too cool before men to be an atheist in spite of what you really know in your heart ?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 15:18
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

OMG

So the atheist admits his God - "Oh my God!"

Now, you obviously ignored my qualification that somewhere down in the root system of this philosophy did I ascribe such anti-theist motives.

You read it. But you didn't see it.
    You didn't want to see it.

Okay, atheist, tells more about your God - "OMG".
    Is it just too cool before men to be an atheist in spite of what you really know in your heart ?
    OMG - Oh my goodness.

(God doesn't exist. I know this in my heart).
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 15:50
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Okay then. Tell me about your goodness.

Who said you have goodness?
    Isn't that just atoms colliding with each other randomly?
    Isn't that just molecules fizzing around with no purpose, randomly producing some freak occurrence of something every million years or so?

What goodness is yours ? OMG ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 15:52
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

(God doesn't exist. I know this in my heart).

I know man born blind who knows in his heart the color BLUE doesn't exist.

Maybe your heart is defective and in need of spiritual SIGHT being given to it. Maybe you know in your heart there is no God because God cannot enter into your heart which needs some healing.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 17:40
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Okay then. Tell me about your goodness.

Who said you have goodness?
    Isn't that just atoms colliding with each other randomly?
    Isn't that just molecules fizzing around with no purpose, randomly producing some freak occurrence of something every million years or so?

What goodness is yours ? OMG ?
    Morality is the amazing construction of an advanced species which has enabled its survival through cooperation and shared values.

I consider myself a moral person (as defined by the society I have grown up in). I do not go around killing or robbing people. I do however care about people and indeed every day of my life try to improve the lives and mental health of others. I am a good person. Not perfect, but good. - I do not need a supreme being to confirm this goodness, nor is this goodness rendered meaningless due to the absence of such a supreme being. Humans themselves define what is good and bad.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 18:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jun '19 20:06
    @philokalia said
    Of course, this is anecdotal, but it is an important anecdote for me.
    Why?

What do you care how other people choose to live their lives?
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 10:27
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Why?

What do you care how other people choose to live their lives?
    Because it demonstrates that people grow and change dramatically over their life, and decisions that could have been made back at the very beginning of this would've had disastrous consequences.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 10:28
    @moonbus said
    You and sonship are both missing something elementary here. A person's gender, unlike his age or height or weight or degree of baldness or the having or not having of a particular organ or gland, is not simply and wholly determined by what he is, and which could be true of a dead body, but is essentially co-determined by who he is and this necessarily in ...[text shortened]... cuss the matter further. However, at this point in this thread, I haven't the patience to rehash it.
    I tend to like to read books in my free time -- not read threads.

But I will think about it.

I respect your decision to not go further in the debate -- we all deserve to have a break, and when respectable posters are willing to say that they are not going to get sucked into a very time consuming discussion, it should always be respected.

So, do take your break from it! This isn't sarcasm -- for my own reasons, I want this to be a trend on the forum.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 11:14
    @philokalia said
    I have heard you are a Christian, right?

Christ stated that marriage is between a man and a woman, and we are told that sex is just for our marriages, correct?

Moreover, Paul reiterated this more extensively in the Gospels, and this is a continuation of the way it was in the Old Testament as well, correct..?

Indeed, the Bible teaches us a number of morals like [i ...[text shortened]... , forgive me. Then we just have no common ground and I have to make another post in regards to this.
    We are also told not to judge our neighbor, and yet, a majority of Christians do exactly that, every day of the week, and still expect their prayers to be heard on Sunday.

Yet I see no widespread denunciation of this. Go figure.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 23:41
    @suzianne said
    We are also told not to judge our neighbor, and yet, a majority of Christians do exactly that, every day of the week, and still expect their prayers to be heard on Sunday.

Yet I see no widespread denunciation of this. Go figure.
    "Judge not, that ye be not be judged! How alluring this neo-Christian distorted explanation seems: "I will not stop you from sinning, and in return, don't you stop me from sinning!" This is the horrifying, perverted, criminal refraction of this sacred text, presented to us in our times!"
    - Archbishop Averky, Christian in the Modern World

The original concept of judge not lest ye be judged has to do with not leaping to conclusions about how the other person is beyond the sin that they are doing and believing steadfastly that they can repent and be saved. It also means not wishing to enumerate their sins or dwell ont hem.

It does not mean say nothing at all about the sins of others.

NOW, what you originally stated was this:

Why is it your business deciding the sexual ethics for someone else? Unless you've been there, you can't.

That makes your opinion that they are somehow 'deficient', just pure bigotry.

What I originally stated was:

I have heard you are a Christian, right?

Christ stated that marriage is between a man and a woman, and we are told that sex is just for our marriages, correct?

Moreover, Paul reiterated this more extensively in the Gospels, and this is a continuation of the way it was in the Old Testament as well, correct..?

Indeed, the Bible teaches us a number of morals like love your neighbor as how you love yourself that are meant to be universal principles, right?

So I do not understand why you are saying that I am judging someone else, or that I am not minding my own business because I am simply reiterating the Christian teachings on this topic.

... What do you think the Bible IS? A series of suggestions with nothing absolute in them...?

Obviously...

God believes there is a universally applicable ethical code, doesn't he?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:43
    @Philokalia

Obviously...

I think the universally applicable code (if that is what we term the law) was meant more to EXPOSE man. That is to uncover the distance between fallen man and the righteous and holy God.

"Here, keep this law" was more God's way of exposing man's inability to live right to pave the way for redemption, justification, and living by the indwelling of the Spirit of the Righteous One - Christ.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 22:141 edit
    @philokalia said
    "Judge not, that ye be not be judged! How alluring this neo-Christian distorted explanation seems: "I will not stop you from sinning, and in return, don't you stop me from sinning!" This is the horrifying, perverted, criminal refraction of this sacred text, presented to us in our times!"
    - Archbishop Averky, Christian in the Modern World

The original concept of ...[text shortened]...

Obviously...

Yes, and I maintain that you, through the human filter of your own opinion of yourself, over others, do not properly understand that code, nor do you even attempt to apply it to your own life.

To you, its only worth is as a tool for you to denigrate others and raise yourself above them. This is not why Christ came to Earth.

Too many Christians use Christ in this fashion, instead of allowing themselves to be used by Christ in order to fulfill God's will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree