Happy or truth

Happy or truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Well, you know my answer. I see it as a false dichotomy. Perhaps I ought not to attempt to get any more specific than that as you seem to want to rule out any personal testimony!
Why would I want to rule out personal testimony? Any truth, any happiness, would encompass anything, from the generic to the personal.

F

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Why would I want to rule out personal testimony?
Well, it seems you are stonewalling with regard to giving any potentially OP-clarifying examples of "truths" that you think are antithetical to "happiness", and you have reacted testily to me probing you for your own perspective, so it follows that you are - de facto - ruling out personal testimony, right?

F

Moves
23 Mar 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Any truth, any happiness, would encompass anything, from the generic to the personal.
[1] Can you give some examples of personal "truths" that you believe are antithetical to "happiness"?

F

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Any truth, any happiness, would encompass anything, from the generic to the personal.
[2] Can you give some examples of generic "truths" that you believe are antithetical to "happiness"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 22

@fmf said
Well, it seems you are stonewalling with regard to giving any potentially OP-clarifying examples of "truths" that you think are antithetical to "happiness", and you have reacted testily to me probing you for your own perspective, so it follows that you are - de facto - ruling out personal testimony, right?
I'm telling you to pick whatever you want to use; how is that stone walling? You can ponder anything you think of as truth and anything you think is true.

F

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
I'm telling you to pick whatever you want to use; how is that stonewalling?
I have already answered your question, more than once. You seem to be dissatisfied with it. So I've asked you for examples of "truths" that you believe are antithetical to "happiness" that - therefore - might make one quest different from the other quest. You are steadfastly refusing to say. That's why I used the word "stonewalling".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 22

@fmf said
I have already answered your question, more than once. You seem to be dissatisfied with it. So I've asked you for examples of "truths" that you believe are antithetical to "happiness" that - therefore - might make one quest different from the other quest. You are steadfastly refusing to say. That's why I used the word "stonewalling".
If you answered the question, what have I been dissatisfied with, and how have I expressed dissatisfaction over your answer to the question?

F

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
If you answered the question, what have I been dissatisfied with, and how have I expressed dissatisfaction over your answer to the question?
I interpret your seemingly complete refusal to discuss your own OP in the context of the responses it has elicited to be an expression/demonstration of your dissatisfaction at finding yourself in the corner into which you have backed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 22

@fmf said
I interpret your seemingly complete refusal to discuss your own OP in the context of the responses it has elicited to be an expression/demonstration of your dissatisfaction at finding yourself in the corner into which you have backed.
I've not been backed into the corner, I asked the question those who cared answered, and a couple wanted to talk about me.

F

Moves
23 Mar 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I've not been backed into the corner, I asked the question those who cared answered, and a couple wanted to talk about me.
Do you have any examples of "truths" that you believe are antithetical to "happiness" that could make the truth quest different from the happiness quest?

F

Moves
23 Mar 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Are we on a happiness quest or a truth quest?
I don't think it's an either-or situation. Happiness and truth are not antithetical. What about you? Do you see yourself as being on a happiness quest or a truth quest?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
It only shows that you cannot speak to anything only about people; in the OP, there wasn't a doctrine presented, dogma, religious, or scientific truth, just the question of truth, and you couldn't grasp that! That went right over your head and more than likely still is. You have to have a motive to assault, something about someone to speak about, a simple topic, not you.
Never mind all that jazzhanded obfuscation KellyJay, why not explain what your OP is about seeing as you are claiming it is not about your religion, your beliefs, or about you personally in any way?

K
within reason

Moves
23 Mar 22
1 edit

I'm puzzled by this debate, as I see nothing wrong with the opening statement. There are truths I'm not happy with, but in my experience it has been better to acknowledge rather than ignore them.
The most recent example of this are my chess games here. I started off winning most of the games but have run into a wall. The truth is I play too fast, have been reacting rather than thinking and playing now feels like work rather than fun. Acknowledging these truths doesn't make me happy in the short run. But it makes it possible for make changes enabling me to play better and enjoy the game again...knock on wood.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Mar 22

@kilroy70 said
I'm puzzled by this debate, as I see nothing wrong with the opening statement. There are truths I'm not happy with, but in my experience it has been better to acknowledge rather than ignore them.
The most recent example of this are my chess games here. I started off winning most of the games but have run into a wall. The truth is I play too fast, have been reacting rather t ...[text shortened]... es it possible for make changes enabling me to play better and enjoy the game again...knock on wood.
Conforming to the truth (I also play too fast) is always better than not (I never seem to learn). 🙂

F

Moves
23 Mar 22
1 edit

@kilroy70 said
There are truths I'm not happy with, but in my experience it has been better to acknowledge rather than ignore them.
In what way does this constitute a dichotomy between two different life "quests"?