Happy or truth

Happy or truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@vivify said
That's an interesting question.

If you are madly in love with your spouse or significant other and have a very happy life with that person...would you want to know if that person is cheating on you?

I recently watched an interview with a comedian whose mother told him the man who raised him was not actually his father. The comedian said this was not something he neede ...[text shortened]... question (knowing the truth or remaining happy) depends on how much what is at stake matters to you.
This question was given to my wife, and we talked about it; COVID seemed to be her, "I want to know."

Moves
19 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Are we on a happiness quest or a truth quest?
Would we want to know the truth if it wasn't what we think it should be?
If I'm content the way I am, and truth would be upsetting, would I prefer being ignorant?
Thoughts
Your premise is simply another one of your false dichotomies positioned such that it is actually asking:

“Do you want happiness or the truth as I see it, my truth.”

I have happiness and the truth.
Thanks for checking 🙂

Moves
19 Mar 22

Why is it that some Christians simply cannot cope with the idea that some of their beliefs about their own religion might be wrong?

And subsequently, like KellyJay who is unable to convince another Christian such as myself that the Bible is entirely literally and his interpretation is bang on and that the Bible should NEVER be cherry picked … just implodes into these dichotomies of “happiness or truth” when the moral spiritual and religious choices are far more complex.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@divegeester said
Why is it that some Christians simply cannot cope with the idea that some of their beliefs about their own religion might be wrong?

And subsequently, like KellyJay who is unable to convince another Christian such as myself that the Bible is entirely literally and his interpretation is bang on and that the Bible should NEVER be cherry picked … just implodes into these d ...[text shortened]... otomies of “happiness or truth” when the moral spiritual and religious choices are far more complex.
Why can some not answer a question without going personal? It seems they can only talk about other people, not topics. Nothing in the OP was Christianity, the Bible, or my beliefs about anything.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
19 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Would we want to know the truth if it wasn't what we think it should be?
If I'm content the way I am, and truth would be upsetting, would I prefer being ignorant?
Thoughts

JMHO - A bit of both. The percentages of those 2 things are different for everyone.

Moves
19 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Why can some not answer a question without going personal?
And you are quite happy being “personal” when you are attacking me.

Moves
19 Mar 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Nothing in the OP was Christianity, the Bible, or my beliefs about anything.
Are you claiming that your OP has nothing to with either “Christianity, the Bible, or your beliefs about anything”?

If you can answer this honestly then I will review my replies to your in this thread.

Thanks .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@divegeester said
And you are quite happy being “personal” when you are attacking me.
I don’t attack you, but I do highlight the inconsistency of your treatment of scripture.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@divegeester said
Are you claiming that your OP has nothing to with either “Christianity, the Bible, or your beliefs about anything”?

If you can answer this honestly then I will review my replies to your in this thread.

Thanks .
Did you see either word “Christianity or Bible” in the post? Others had no issues dealing with the OP as written.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
19 Mar 22

@kellyjay said
Did you see either word “Christianity or Bible” in the post? Others had no issues dealing with the OP as written.
People look at the world through the prisms of their own experiences and belief systems; this splits whatever they see into fixed channels with a certain tint. some people respond without any religious over- or under-tone; others cannot not see it as having a religious over/under-tone.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@moonbus said
People look at the world through the prisms of their own experiences and belief systems; this splits whatever they see into fixed channels with a certain tint. some people respond without any religious over- or under-tone; others cannot not see it as having a religious over/under-tone.
Worldviews how we think reality is, is how we all view all things through that.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
19 Mar 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Worldviews how we think reality is, is how we all view all things through that.
If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.

William Blake,

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@moonbus said
If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.

William Blake,
Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.

King Solomon

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 22

@KellyJay

I know a good brother who put songs to the book of Ecclesiastes.

Here is one on there God making everything beautiful in its time and put eternity into man's heart.

https://soundcloud.com/chords-of-a-man

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 22

@sonship said
@KellyJay

I know a good brother who put songs to the book of Ecclesiastes.

Here is one on there God making everything beautiful in its time and put eternity into man's heart.

https://soundcloud.com/chords-of-a-man
I just finished Ecclesiastes in my morning devotions. Enjoy the Psalms and Ecclesiastes when they swing around again. Since I do Proverbs daily without end, I do Psalms again, extending it out a little more whenever I get to proverbs. 🙂