Eleven Reasons for  Assurance of Salvation

Eleven Reasons for Assurance of Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's perfectly okay to reference the work of others, as long as you have acknowledged that you have done so.

I hope you have taken that on board.
Only if sonship is quoting directly from another's work.

Otherwise it's perfectly legitimate for one to rephrase ideas learned from a source while expounding on a text with which they are related.

I really wish some of you guys could/would speak to the points made to which those ideas are speaking of instead of spending so much time finding fault with the poster over dubious arguments of authorship. After all, none of what's posted in this forum is up for publication.

Some should relax their stringencies and make some gracious allowances and considerations and reserve their comments for the points made relative to the topic of discussion.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@secondson said
He was!

Eleven times, and the main bulk of the thread.

Such plagiarism is not 'perfectly legitimate' and was rightly challenged.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19

@SecondSon

Secondson, just let them whine.

The accusations are harmless.

Otherwise it's perfectly legitimate for one to rephrase ideas learned from a source while expounding on a text with which they are related.

When I was a young Christian I had a prayer that God answered. I said "Lord put me with some Christians that can take care of me." It was a wise prayer that I never regretted.

So I copy and re-speak a lot.

Brother Witness Lee once spoke this about speaking the same thing.

Some criticize the brothers by saying that they are nothing but tape recordings of Witness Lee. This is not true. I hope that in the coming years many of the young people will speak of Christ for the building up of the Body. I have no intention of being the only one to minister. On the contrary, I expect the Lord to raise up many more to carry on the unique ministry. We all have a part in this ministry, which is one ministry with different functions, different angles, and different aspects. You have your part, and I have mine. When we have all the functions and aspects, we have the ministry of the Body.

SPEAKING THE SAME THING FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES From
Truth Lessons by Witness Lee

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=22CECA4EC9

I really wish some of you guys could/would speak to the points made to which those ideas are speaking of instead of spending so much time finding fault with the poster over dubious arguments of authorship. After all, none of what's posted in this forum is up for publication.

Some should relax their stringencies and make some gracious allowances and considerations and reserve their comments for the points made relative to the topic of discussion.

Good point
But some have little else to do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

More on speaking the same thing from W. Lee.

SPEAKING THE SAME THING FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES
Some have said that the Lord's recovery is a one-man show, that here there is room only for the ministry of Witness Lee, not for the ministry of anyone else. This is absolutely false. This is not my intention nor is it my practice. In the Lord's recovery I do not like to see one brother ministering all the time. For example, during the summer training in 1964 and 1965 I invited a certain brother to share with me in the ministry. Eventually, he gave up the recovery; but we did not give him up. We have also invited other brothers to participate in the ministry. Our intention is to have a good number of brothers ministering. However, all who share in the ministry need to minister the same thing.

When I say that we all should minister the same thing, I mean that we should speak the same thing according to the way of the New Testament. The four Gospels speak the same thing, but they speak the same thing from different angles. We cannot deny that there are differences between Matthew and Mark or between Luke and John. Matthew wrote from the angle of the kingship; Mark, from the angle of service; Luke, from the angle of redemption through the proper humanity; and John, from the angle of Christ's deity. In the Gospels we have four biographies of one person; one person is viewed from different angles. I hope that many will be raised up to speak the same thing from different angles. This one thing is the recovery of Christ as life and everything to us for the building up of the local churches.

From Truth Lessons, by Witness Lee

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=22CECA4EC9

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@SecondSon

When I was a young Christian I had a prayer that God a ...[text shortened]... made relative to the topic of discussion.
[/quote]

Good point
Plagiarism is not posting things from a 'different angle.'

Plagiarism is just plagiarism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Do you know what the word Deuteronomy means? It is the name of a whole book in the Old Testament - the book of Deuteronomy.

It means "RE-SPEAKING" or to "Speak again".

Human rules and laws about about speaking what others spoke have their place. I do not despise them. I am a composer and know something about protecting your creativity.

In the divine realm, re-speaking, speaking again, has ITS place before God.

My conscience is clear.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Do you know what the word Deuteronomy means? It is the name of a whole book in the Old Testament - the book of Deuteronomy.

It means "RE-SPEAKING" or to "Speak again".

Human rules about about speaking what others spoke has its place.
In the divine realm, re-speaking, speaking again, has ITS place before God.

My conscience is clear.
Perhaps the thread should have been titled:

Eleven Plagiarised Reasons for Assurance of Salvation

F

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@SecondSon

When I was a young Christian I had a prayer that God a ...[text shortened]... made relative to the topic of discussion.
[/quote]

Good point
Vanity. Self-aggrandizement. A lack of integrity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps it should have been titled.

"Poor Ghost-of-a-Duke with NOTHING ELSE to say." or

'No Assurance of Salvation? Whine about something else! "

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19

Time to go on to other possible reasons why eternal life is assured those in Christ.

Not listed in the above eleven reasons is this -

When God gives the Holy Spirit (which is Himself) to the believers, He gives Him FOREVER. Christ says, regardless of their ups and downs. the sent Holy Spirit as Another Comforter will be with them FOREVER.

He is not withdrawn.
He does not vacate.
He may be grieved at times.
He does not pack up and leave in anger.

He will be with the one who receives Christ - from then on into eternity.

Let's add it to the eleven reasons.

Credit - John's Gospel

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that HE MAY BE WITH YOU FOREVER.

That is the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him;

but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you." (John 14:16-17)

When you received the Lord Jesus into your heart you may boldly pray -

" Lord Jesus, send to me the Holy Spirit ... that is to be with me FOREVER Lord. Send the Spirit into my being to remain with me for ETERNITY. Thankyou Lord Jesus. Thankyou Father."

Here we have the assurance of eternal life through the perpetual and eternal presence of the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps it should have been titled.

"Poor Ghost-of-a-Duke with NOTHING ELSE to say." or

'No Assurance of Salvation? Whine about something else! "
Most people learn not to plagiarize in high school.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

What you consider should be a shame to me, I consider a glory. That I could speak the same thing from such servants of God.

Thanks for the sense of glory.

F

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

What you consider should be a shame to me, I consider a glory. That I could speak the same thing from such servants of God.

When you are so beholden to "such servants of God", why not cite them as your sources?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You find glory in plagiarism.

Strange fellow.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

1. Assurance based on the Will of God
2. Assurance based on the Selection and Calling of God
3. Assurance based on the Love and Grace of God
4. Assurance based on the Righteousness of God