Eleven Reasons for  Assurance of Salvation

Eleven Reasons for Assurance of Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. (Genesis 22:1 KJV)
God did not tempt Abraham to do evil, what kind of God do you think He is? You have God after Jesus dying for us, demanding we work for our salvation, now you are saying God tempts people with evil? The god you seem to describe needs to be given a small "g" not the big "G" since you are describing the god of this world more times than not.

James 1:13
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
False teacher, have you ever in your life taught people the way Jesus Christ did? Here is an example of Jesus telling people how to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God :

[i]And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the ...[text shortened]... ers. Instead you are telling people not to good works and live righteously.

You are of the devil.
Yes, I'm the devil.

Try to outwit me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
Yes, I'm the devil.

Try to outwit me.
I have already outwitted you. Anyone who ignores your Satanic doctrine which preaches disobedience to the commandments is way ahead of you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
You have God after Jesus dying for us, demanding we work for our salvation
This is the doctrine of a fool. The death of Christ does not remove your responsibility to follow the commandments which is good works and righteousness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
This is the doctrine of a fool. The death of Christ does not remove your responsibility to follow the commandments which is good works and righteousness.
No one says the death of Christ removes our responsibility to follow the commandments, that is a false charge, not unlike your claim that God tempts people with sin.

F

Moves
05 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
No one says the death of Christ removes our responsibility to follow the commandments
Do you believe you are required to follow Christ's commandments?

Required to do so?

Or not required to do so?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 19
3 edits

I believe though my count is not sure, I covered these points about the assurance of eternal salvation.

Assurance based on the Will of God
Assurance based on the Selection and Calling of God
Assurance based on the Love and Grace of God
Assurance based on the Righteousness of God
Assurance based on the Covenant of God
Assurance based on the Power of God
Assurance based on the Life of God
Assurance based on God Himself
Assurance based on the Redemption of Christ
Assurance based on the Power of Christ (?)
Assurance based on the Promise of Christ

My count was off because I forgot to write about "the Power of Christ"

Not only the Power of God is a reason for assurance of eternal salvation but also the Power of Christ.

John 10:28, 29 Are close together. No one can remove the saved from the Father's hand or from the Son's hand.

"And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever,

and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. (v.28)

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand. (v.29)

I amd the Father are one. (v.30)

This touches the mysterious triune nature of God. But you can see that the saved are in two powerful hands which are really one hand it seems.
The hand of the Son which no one can snatch out of.
And the hand of the Father which no one can snatch out of either.

"no one shall snatch them out of My hand" ... "no one can snatch the out of My Father's hand."

So we may have assurance of eternal life and eternal salvation because we can be held in the Son's power hand and the Father's powerful hand.

That is security through the power of God and the power of Christ.
That's 11 points now.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Aug 19

@secondson said
Sure, let's carry on. God never tortures anyone.
Do you have a problem with that?
Nope. I completely and wholeheartedly agree.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Aug 19

@secondson said
I know, but so am I.
And doing a better job of it I might add.
Self-certification is never a good idea.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Aug 19
1 edit

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Aug 19

@sonship said
That's 11 points now.
Yes it is indeed 11.

A question if you don’t mind, before we dig into the content. I repeat from page 2...

Are you going to cite your human source for this material?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 19
1 edit

@Rajk999

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
(Matthew 5:2-9 KJV)

You have never promoted these teachings of Christ to others. Instead you are telling people not to good works and live righteously.

I wrote a thread some years back dedicated to the "Blessed are ... " passages from Matthew 5.

I elaborated on each verse from Matthew 5:1 - about verse 8 or 9.

The thread's title may have had the word "kingdom" or "constitution" in it.
It should have been in the last four to six years. I tried to locate it but am not going to spend a long time to find it again.

Any comment I would make about Matthew 5 here would be with a focus on the thread's subject - reasons for the assurance of salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Aug 19

Reward is not assured.
Eternal redemption and eternal life are assured.

Likely about 98% of the objections certain posters would raise to this thread would concern verses in the NT which warn of losing the reward related to the millennial kingdom.

In fact even some possible agreement with me, may mistakenly ALSO refer to some verse on dispensational punishment concerning the loss of reward.

Ie. the outer darkness is not eternal perdition.

If Christ deems me to be defeated in my Christian life and have not been merciful to others, and if He considers what I knew of His ways, when other servants of His are being rewarded in the next age, I might be cast into the "outer darkness" as an unprofitable servant.

This is a temporary punishment which cannot be more than a thousand years. It might be some portion of it IMO. But it must be terminated by the time of the entering into the eternal age when perfection over all of the sons of God has been completed.

Read carefully the verses that mention the outer darkness.

The unprofitable servant is not a false servant but an unprofitable true servant.

If the unprofitable servant is a true servant then he must have been saved by grace and not his works.

If the unprofitable servant is cast into eternal punishment forever then that means God revoked salvation by grace.

So it is logical that whatever the outer darkness is it is a temporary discipline.

Since the eternal age doesn't begin immediately upon the second coming of Christ, until AFTER the one thousand year kingdom, the outer darkness must take place at that time.

Since no immature, defeated, or backslidden sons of God exist in the time of the new heaven and new earth, whatever temporary punishment the saved may have experienced is concluded by that time.

All this means that the Assurance of Salvation remains undeniable.
But the assurance of Reward during the millennium is not.

F

Moves
05 Aug 19

@sonship said
All this means that the Assurance of Salvation remains undeniable.
But the assurance of Reward during the millennium is not.
Do you have to do good works/obey Jesus' commandments during your lifetime to get posthumous "Rewards"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Rajk999

[quote] And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the mercifu ...[text shortened]... w 5[/b] here would be with a focus on the thread's subject - reasons for the assurance of salvation.
Every 4 to 6 years you tell people about doing good works.
I got it.