Eleven Reasons for  Assurance of Salvation

Eleven Reasons for Assurance of Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 19
3 edits

@Rajk999

You are a very stupid man.

I believe the Bible's teaching.
Besides, all you are doing is demonstrating the Lord's word and why I should all the MORE believe it.

Blessed are you when they reproach and persecute you, and while speaking lies, say every evil thing against you because of Me.

Rejoice and exult, for your reward is great in the heavens, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matthew 5:11,12)

Hmmm. I see that you saying all manner of evil things against a Christian teaching about the assurance of salvation seems to confirm the words of Jesus here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 19

I attacked your notion that every single person who professes with their mouth their belief in Christ have the assurance of eternal life.

Romans 10:8-8 says: TWO matters related assurance:

1.) Confess with your mouth.
2.) Believe in your heart.

You are slanderously trying to misrepresenting me as teaching only ONE requirement. And you also are misdirecting blame. It is the Apostle Paul directly teaching -

But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart," that is the word of faith which we proclaim ...

Interesting. It is the word of faith which they PROCLAIM. Look again.

" ... that is the word of faith, which we proclaim, That is if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,

you will be saved." (10:9)

It not the word that someone else invented. It is the word which Paul and the apostles PROCLAIMED - "the word of faith" concerning eternal redemption.

Sorry.

And now you'll go to "Not every one who says Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens ..."

But I already wrote that eternal redemption is assured.
Reward during the millennial kingdom is not assured.

So you accuse me of being stupid because I believe and teach Romans 10:8,9 and give other reasons for the assurance of eternal salvation.

I'd be stupid NOT to take Romans 10:8,9. And he goes on with more believable words.

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation.

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame."

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him;

For "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (vs. 10-13)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 19

This is not the case at all. Eternal life is dependent on the person following the commandments of Christ and living righteously.

Eternal life starts in the kernel of a human being - in their spirit.
Then the eternal life spreads into the outer part of the soul.
And eventually it spreads to the outermost part of the body.

The process of the divine life growing and spreading is also sometimes referred to as ENTERING into eternal life.

So, if there is a limitation of enjoyment of this life, there remain eternal life to enter into as a matter of increasing degree.

This makes sense of the verses which speak as if eternal life is the end of a process, ie. "unto eternal life".

I have eternal life. I am in the process of sanctification "wholly". So I still await to enter into the fuller enjoyment of this eternal life.

Obedience to the inward life facilitates further entering into the enjoyment of that life.

But that life is a GIFT and not recompense or wages for works.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

This was a BRIEF note.
This is a CONCISE explanation.

We have eternal life. And we are to be SWALLOWED UP wholly, eventually by this life.

" ... that what is mortal may be SWALLOWED UP by life." (2 Cor. 5:4b)

Obedience to the Lord within facilitates our being saturated with the life and eventually swallowed up spirit - soul - body by the eternal life.

"And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blemish, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess. 5:23)

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
Your main contribution (even without reading the eleven points) was that you agreed with the main idea of the thread.
I replied to your OP before I realised the thread was simply another one of your vanity projects.

Are you going to cite the human source from where you stole the ideas you have presented in this thread?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@divegeester

I replied to your OP before I realised the thread was simply another one of your vanity projects.

Too late!
Thanks for the Amen.

I am a firm believer in eternal security, that salvation itself is a matter of one time spiritual regeneration and that our hope is dependent on Christ and him alone.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Too late!
Thanks for the Amen.

I am a firm believer in eternal security, that salvation itself is a matter of one time spiritual regeneration and that our hope is dependent on Christ and him alone.
Provide your source.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Too late!
Thanks for the Amen.

Which is worse for you, the feeling of shame for copying someone else’s material, or the feeling of irrelevance that was only your detractors are nothing with this thread?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Provide your source.

If your name is not recorded in the book of life and you are to perish forever refusing Justification through the Son of God, it won't make any difference to your poor soul if I got that outline from Ryrie, or Sproul, or Scoffield, or Lee, or made it up myself.

Anyone wanting to examine my main source for those points arranged in this fashion on this thread may do so at -

The Life Study of Hebrews by Witness Lee Message # 45

LIFE-STUDY OF HEBREWS
MESSAGE FORTY-FIVE
NOT ETERNAL PERDITION,
BUT DISPENSATIONAL PUNISHMENT

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0883

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Provide your source.

If your name is not recorded in the book of life and you are to perish forever refusing Justification through the Son of God, it won't make any difference to your poor soul if I got that outline from Ryrie, or Sproul, or Scoffield, or Lee, or made it up myself.

Anyone wanting to examine my main source for thos ...[text shortened]... ON,
BUT DISPENSATIONAL PUNISHMENT [/b] [/quote]

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0883
Finally.

Only took 8 pages.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Finally.

Only took 8 pages.

That's right.

And now are we to witness a fireworks of irrelevant complaints about "originality"?

What a tragedy it will be if you perish and you cry out " sonship wasn't ORIGINAL !!!! "

What a tragedy if you were never able to get past the whisper of the Devil in your other ear - "Ghost, Ghost, Don't believe the Gospel, it is all ... SNAKE OIL !"

F

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Finally.

Only took 8 pages.

That's right.

And now are we to witness a fireworks of irrelevant complaints about "originality"?

What a tragedy it will be if you perish and you cry out " sonship wasn't ORIGINAL !!!! "

What a tragedy if you were never able to get past the whisper of the Devil in your other ear - "Ghost, Ghost, Don't believe the Gospel, it is all ... SNAKE OIL !"
Why would anyone "cry out" about you?

"The whisper of the Devil" in someone's ear?

The issue is not the far-fetched things that appeal to your imagination ~ the issue is your vanity and lack of integrity.

You claim to have supernatural things happening to you ~ changing you ~ flowing through you ~ that make you similar to a person who has been dead for 2,000 years.

The distorting effect of this belief on your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour is interesting and every bit as relevant to the goings-on here as is the content of the rote-learned dogma you are reciting.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Finally.

Only took 8 pages.

That's right.

It's perfectly okay to reference the work of others, as long as you have acknowledged that you have done so.

I hope you have taken that on board.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 Aug 19

@divegeester said

Are you going to cite the human source from where you stole the ideas you have presented in this thread?
Are you going to cite the scriptures that support sonship's assertions, or are you going to continuously "cite the human source" of your own vanity?

"Stole the ideas"? Since when did you ever have an original thought? Your posts are a product of your own confusion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
3 edits

Actual sources used:

Assurance by the will of God came from Ephesians 1:5, John 6:39.

Assurance by the selection and calling of God came from Eph.1:4; John 15:16; Rom.9:11;8:30; 2 Tim 1:9.

Assurance by the love and grace of God was sourced in 1 John 4:10; Rom.8:38-39

Assurance by the righteousness of God was derived from Rom. 1:16-17 3:26; 8:33, Psa.89:14

Assurance by the covenant of God I lifted from Heb. 8:8-13; Psa. 89:34.

Assurance by the power of God I copied from John 10:29; Psa. 89:13.

Assurance by the life of God came from John 10:28.

Assurance by God Himself had its source in John 1:17; Mal. 3:6.

Assurance by the redemption of Christ was derived from Rom. 8:34; Heb 10:14; 5:9; 7:25.

Assurance by the power of Christ has its source in John 10:28,29.

Assurance by the promise of God comes from John 6:37.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
Actual sources used:

Assurance by the will of God came from Ephesians 1:5, John 6:39.

Assurance by the selection and calling of God came from Eph.1:4; John 15:16; Rom.9:11;8:30; 2 Tim 1:9.

Assurance by the love and grace of God was sourced in 1 John 4:10; Rom.8:38-39

Assurance by the righteousness of God was ...[text shortened]... rce in John 10:28,29.

Assurance by the promise of God comes from John 6:37.
Of course, you merely copied and pasted them from The Life Study of Hebrews by Witness Lee.