Eleven Reasons for  Assurance of Salvation

Eleven Reasons for Assurance of Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@sonship said
1. Assurance based on the Will of God
2. Assurance based on the Selection and Calling of God
3. Assurance based on the Love and Grace of God
4. Assurance based on the Righteousness of God
5. Assurance based on the Covenant of God
6. Assurance based on the Power of God
7. Assurance based on the Life of God
8. ...[text shortened]... nce based on the eternal presence of the Holy Spirit

Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Copied and pasted from The Life Study of Hebrews by Witness Lee.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Now I have to be a bit rude. You're a liar.
I did not cut and paste every word of those points.

They are in my being.
They are burned into my heart.
I pray over them, sing them, muse on them, fellowship them and can draw them up from my heart with a just little reminder.

If I check to make sure I am not making a mistake, that is simply being faithful to my mentors.

And the twelfth point did not come from the Hebrews Life Study.

And I'll tell you what. It is none of your business where I got point number 12 because it is irrelevant to the fact that it is TRUE. If it is not true explain why it is not true.

Either that or just grumble off that you don't believe it.

At any rate I'm sorry if you have no effective guiding elder spiritual person in your life. Why be bitter that some of us do have some?

The elder Paul to the younger Timothy:

"You therefore, my child, be empowered in the grace which is in Christ Jesus;

And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also.

Suffer evil with me as a good soldier of Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 2:1-3)

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." (Phil. 4:9)

"Thankyou Lord Jesus for faithful brothers who showed me and taught me and whose lives I may imitate and speaking I TOO may speak. Thank you Liord Jesus for these good shepherds among your servants."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
3 edits

How many of you while playing chess feel obligated to inform the world that you are now performing "Alekine's Defense" or doing a "Sicilian defense" ?

If you are adept and practiced up, you just automatically do it without feeling obligated to immediately credit the maneuver.

Teaching or discussing the gospel [ to the teachable, that is] is similar.

Some are not teachable concerning these things so have a craving to hunt for things to complain about.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Now I have to be a bit rude. You're a liar.
I did not cut and paste every word of those points.

They are in my being.
They are burned into my heart.
I pray over them, sing them, muse on them, fellowship them and can draw them up from my heart with a just little reminder.

If I check to make sure I am not making a mistake, that is simply being fa ...[text shortened]... and speaking I TOO may speak. Thank you Liord Jesus for these good shepherds among your servants."
A plagiarist calling me a liar. Classic.

I simply don't believe the words you have written in this last post of yours. You have descended into lying yourself in a weak attempt to mitigate your plagiarism.

Shame on you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said

I attacked your notion that every single person who professes with their mouth their belief in Christ have the assurance of eternal life.

Romans 10:8-8 says: TWO matters related assurance:

1.) Confess with your mouth.
2.) Believe in your heart.

You are slanderously trying to misrepresenting me as teaching only ONE r ...[text shortened]... Him;

For "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (vs. 10-13) [/quote]
Yes you are very stupid. You are taking upon your shoulders the decision God reserved for His Son Jesus Christ. Only Jesus knows the heart of man who it is that has believed in His heart.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@Rajk999

Yes you are very stupid. You are taking upon your shoulders the decision God reserved for His Son Jesus Christ. Only Jesus knows the heart of man who it is that has believed in His heart.

That has no effect on the promise.

The stupidity is yours because verse 11 says -

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame." (v.11)

You're sharing in the work of the demons to teach that everyone who believes in Him may be put to shame.

Besides, to call upon the Lord is the obedient response to His own command -

"And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you will glorify Me." (Psalm 50:15)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 19

@sonship said
@Rajk999

That has no effect on the promise.

The stupidity is yours because verse 11 says -

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not ...[text shortened]... Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you will glorify Me." (Psalm 50:15) [/quote]
And it is only Jesus Christ who knows who it is that truly believes. Not you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@Rajk999

Are you then saying that the following verse is not true ?

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

Are you telling us that you know that this verse is not true ?

Yes or No ?

If you are saying it is true and that only God is perfectly omniscient ... No problem with that at all.

We know that from Genesis 1:1 all the way through to Revelation 22:21 only God is absolutely omniscient.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Rajk999

Are you then saying that the following verse is not true ?

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

Are you telling us that you know that this ve ...[text shortened]... b]Genesis 1:1 [/b] all the way through to Revelation 22:21 only God is absolutely omniscient.
It is true, but it is not for you to claim that you know who believes in their heart.
Only God knows.

Those who truly believe in their heart will follow the commandments of Christ.
Those who fail to follow the commandments do not truly believe in their heart.

Moves
08 Aug 19

Moves
08 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Which is worse for you, the feeling of shame for copying someone else’s material, or the feeling of irrelevance that was only your detractors are nothing with this thread?
So abso-F7-lutely "Christian" of you. But typical.

Moves
08 Aug 19

@divegeester said
I don’t believe you.
I don't believe you, either.

Moves
08 Aug 19

@divegeester said

The Christians in this forum hardly, if ever, engage with you.
But you do. I'm sure you can see where the logic would lead.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 19
4 edits

@Rajk999

It is true, but it is not for you to claim that you know who believes in their heart.
Only God knows.

It is one thing to say that God is omniscient. It is another thing, and a wrong one, to say that because of that the Christian can know nothing.

[John writes something to the believers that they may know something and have the assurance.

" I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

He did not write " Nobody knows but God. So don't have assurance. "
That is some devilishly false humility of your religion.

I'll take the apostle John's word and teach that. And I don't care how much you brag that you follow the commandments of Christ.

"I write these things to you that you may KNOW that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Aug 19

@caesar-salad said
So abso-F7-lutely "Christian" of you. But typical.
The truth sometimes hurts.

Sometimes you have to just bite your pillow, right?