Capitalism without debt is like...

Capitalism without debt is like...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Correct ... it's a waste of time telling me that I can sin all I like because Christ died for me, and not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

You will be fighting yourself.... I'm done.
I never said you could sin all you want; my question to you is whether anyone you know stopped sinning once they did what you say they need to do so that they sin no longer, so it isn't an issue between them and God. Are there people who follow your doctrine stop sinning because they can, and God will accept them because there is no sin in their lives due to the doctrine you preach?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Correct ... it's a waste of time telling me that I can sin all I like because Christ died for me, and not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

You will be fighting yourself.... I'm done.
That’s not at all what I’m saying but you’re too spiritually dead to understand what I am saying.

But I’ll fight your Christ-denying Satanic doctrine post for post. I just won’t engage with you because it’s pointless.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22

@fmf said
Aren't your efforts - how sincere they are, how sustained they are etc. - to not "sin", and to obey Jesus' commandments, subject to divine judgement?

Do you not believe that God can see and know and evaluate you as a "sinner" and do what he wants with you?

I mean this from the point of view of moral coherence, so just copy-pasting Bible verses is not going to cut it.
What is the gospel? What does it say? Did you understand the gospel when you claimed you were walking in it? If we could live sinless lives, that would be the way to go; if we could obey the law, that would be the way to go, we can do neither. So what is it that God requires?

Blunder Queen

Moves
20 Jan 22

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I never said you could sin all you want; my question to you is whether anyone you know stopped sinning once they did what you say they need to do so that they sin no longer, so it isn't an issue between them and God. Are there people who follow your doctrine stop sinning because they can, and God will accept them because there is no sin in their lives due to the doctrine you preach?
In rajk999’s false doctrine, the cross of Jesus Christ means nothing, the blood of Jesus Christ means nothing and everyone goes to hell for breaking the commandments.

That’s the bottom line.

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What is the gospel? What does it say? Did you understand the gospel when you claimed you were walking in it? If we could live sinless lives, that would be the way to go; if we could obey the law, that would be the way to go, we can do neither. So what is it that God requires?
Sorry, KJ 😉

The Gospel in short:

God made you a sinner.
You are going to suffer and die because of that.
But God forgives you because Jesus suffered on your behalf.
After you die, you will still have to endure God and his saccharine choir of angel-praisers for all eternity.

Take-home message: God is more full of Himself than you could ever be. 😉

F

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You can espouse whatever doctrine you want, regardless of what I believe, or what I believed in the past; the question is, to you, does Christianity not work without "Hell"?

Moves
20 Jan 22

@FMF
On a side note, at the moment I suspect the eyes in your avatar pic indicate that the 12th card down in the deck is the Three of Clubs.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
Sorry, KJ 😉

The Gospel in short:

God made you a sinner.
You are going to suffer and die because of that.
But God forgives you because Jesus suffered on your behalf.
After you die, you will still have to endure God and his saccharine choir of angel-praisers for all eternity.

Take-home message: God is more full of Himself than you could ever be. 😉
We will see.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
You can espouse whatever doctrine you want, regardless of what I believe, or what I believed in the past; the question is, to you, does Christianity not work without "Hell"?
As I see it, hell is part of reality, so I'm not sure what you mean by work without hell. Could Christianity work without trees or boats?

F

Moves
20 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
As I see it, hell is part of reality, so I'm not sure what you mean by work without hell.
Would the supposed 'moral logic' of Christianity still work if the fate of non-believers was annihilation and not "eternal fire"?

F

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Could Christianity work without trees or boats?
My answer to this would be yes; it could still work without trees or boats.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@fmf said
My answer to this would be yes; it could still work without trees or boats.
No Tree of Life?

No ark for Noah?

No miraculous catches of fish?

Perhaps you should reconsider

F

Moves
20 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No Tree of Life?

No ark for Noah?

No miraculous catches of fish?

Perhaps you should reconsider
Yep, Christianity would still work without trees or boats. The point being: KellyJay's attempt to analogize the moral coherence of annihilation verses eternal torture with an inanimate object like a boat and a plant like a tree is fatuous.

Moves
20 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yep, Christianity would still work without trees or boats. The point being: KellyJay's attempt to analogize the moral coherence of annihilation verses eternal torture with an inanimate object like a boat and a plant like a tree is fatuous.
That seems rather dismissive.